ATTENTION: Striving for Equality - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 109

Thread: Striving for Equality

  1. #76
    Registered User Caitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,592
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    I was beginning to wonder when this announcement would happen, and if it ever would. My job in News of the World just got a bit easier, methinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    +1 lawful good for Bulbagarden staff. You're getting there, guys. =)
    No! I'll always be chaotic neutral! *hiss*

    My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

  2. #77

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    I was beginning to wonder when this announcement would happen, and if it ever would. My job in News of the World just got a bit easier, methinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnYellow View Post
    +1 lawful good for Bulbagarden staff. You're getting there, guys. =)
    No! I'll always be chaotic neutral! *hiss*
    Lol no. Nice try. Though I'm not sure if I'll classify you as lawful good. You'll have to wait for my next blog ;)
    That's nice.

  3. #78
    ★ Prince of Ampora ★ Takoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South-East England
    Posts
    2,392
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    It's really nice to see a website/forum outright prevent discrimination. It gives people comfort that they can be themselves and not worry about being attacked for what gender they like, or what gender they are/feel.

    ~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

  4. #79
    Guardian of the Galaxy Peter Quill's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    33,905
    Blog Entries
    566

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    I'm definitely chaotic good (or evil depending on how you think of me).

    But I've already spoken about my take on this.

    For those who didn't see, I'll quote myself.

    This is a moral stance we (meaning the staff of this site) have chosen to take. We want all users to be able to use the site freely without being made to feel unwelcome. Please bear in mind also that users may still use Nico’s Bus to debate this kind of thing if they are that keen to.

    And as this is a private website (which means that freedom of speech laws do not apply), it is fully within our right to make such a rule on the forums.

    It's 2012. It's time for people to realize that there are certain human rights that are to be respected. And quite frankly, there shouldn't even be a debate on this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

  5. #80

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    I applaud this. Everyone shoud be able to use this site and be themselves without fear of discrimination or harassment.

  6. #81

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    I didn't even know this was a big deal on Bulba. I guess it has to do with me never caring much about others preferences.

    But reading though the list of changes, I think the debate needs to be clarified a little but more. To me it sounds like your allowed to voice your opinion on the thread, you'll be hated for it but you still can say it. Where is the line in the sand before it becomes an infraction or worse. I have an infraction for asking if someone was on drugs for liking justin beibers music (I meant it jokingly), but most likely the person posting anti-LGBTQ things is going to be much worse, not always but I can imagine it happening.
    "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."

    - William Westmoreland

    "The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

    -Douglas MacArthur

  7. #82

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Hide in Plain Sight View Post
    I'm definitely chaotic good (or evil depending on how you think of me).
    If that's what you think, then my blog will definitely get some interesting responses =)
    That's nice.

  8. #83
    A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    By the banks of the River Charles
    Posts
    3,577
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by tyler212 View Post
    But reading though the list of changes, I think the debate needs to be clarified a little but more. To me it sounds like your allowed to voice your opinion on the thread, you'll be hated for it but you still can say it. Where is the line in the sand before it becomes an infraction or worse. I have an infraction for asking if someone was on drugs for liking justin beibers music (I meant it jokingly), but most likely the person posting anti-LGBTQ things is going to be much worse, not always but I can imagine it happening.
    I'm not staff, but I think the OP in this thread is fairly unambiguous about this:

    Anti-gay opinions of any kind will not be allowed outside of the Campaign Bus. What makes this difference from the original policy is basically that they're not going to try to make a distinction between "YOUR a fag!!111!!!11" and "well I just don't know if I think homosexuals are morally right or should be allowed to get married *innocent look*" All of that stuff is unnecessary and will be infracted. You don't have to ask where the line will be drawn because it's already been pretty clearly drawn.

    For those of us with access to the Bus, the OP also said that details for the new rules for that forum will be posted there.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 12th June 2012 at 02:46 PM.

    Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

  9. #84
    #YEEZUS Ultra Pidgeot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mineral Wells, Texas, United S
    Posts
    898
    Blog Entries
    349

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    This rule is not up for debate, Ultra Pidgeot.

    We've been considering this issue for a long time - the idea was first proposed back in October 2011. It is not a product of "not thinking about it" - it's the product of a long, and sometime difficult reflection for many of us.

    The decision is now made. The new policy is out.
    I should have been more clear, apologies. I do not mean I intend to debate the rule in an attempt to get it removed. I am just debating the merits and implications of the rule.

  10. #85
    Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SL, UT
    Posts
    2,586
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    I should have been more clear, apologies. I do not mean I intend to debate the rule in an attempt to get it removed. I am just debating the merits and implications of the rule.
    What part of "the rule is not up for debate" are you missing here?

  11. #86
    #YEEZUS Ultra Pidgeot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mineral Wells, Texas, United S
    Posts
    898
    Blog Entries
    349

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    I should have been more clear, apologies. I do not mean I intend to debate the rule in an attempt to get it removed. I am just debating the merits and implications of the rule.
    What part of "the rule is not up for debate" are you missing here?
    Fine. Then if that is the case we (or at least I) are just debating what equality is.

  12. #87
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    This rule is something that really makes me proud to be staff member on this site and I applause the staff for voicing their support for LGBTQ users and people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    Fine. Then if that is the case we (or at least I) are just debating what equality is.
    This is not a debate thread. Period. If you want to create a general debate about whether or not laws prohibiting racism, homophobia, religious intolerance and such should be made in the name of equality or if they should exist at all, you can do so in Nicoleta's Bus. If you're not already allowed in Nicoleta's Bus, send @Nicoleta01; a pm asking her to be part of it. But, I think we've made it clear that the rule itself was not up for debate and it is expected for all users to comply to it.

  13. #88
    #YEEZUS Ultra Pidgeot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mineral Wells, Texas, United S
    Posts
    898
    Blog Entries
    349

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    This rule is something that really makes me proud to be staff member on this site and I applause the staff for voicing their support for LGBTQ users and people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    Fine. Then if that is the case we (or at least I) are just debating what equality is.
    This is not a debate thread. Period. If you want to create a general debate about whether or not laws prohibiting racism, homophobia, religious intolerance and such should be made in the name of equality or if they should exist at all, you can do so in Nicoleta's Bus. If you're not already allowed in Nicoleta's Bus, send @Nicoleta01; a pm asking her to be part of it. But, I think we've made it clear that the rule itself was not up for debate and it is expected for all users to comply to it.

    I made a thread in the Campaign Bus about equality. It was promptly locked.

    Lastly, I do intend to comply with the rule.

  14. #89
    Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,825
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    EDIT - Also, let's keep in mind that this is NOT to debate whether homosexuality is wrong or not. It is to debate the merits of the rule.
    Nope.

    Do feel free to make an actual thread about equality there.

  15. #90
    #YEEZUS Ultra Pidgeot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mineral Wells, Texas, United S
    Posts
    898
    Blog Entries
    349

    Default Re: Striving for Equality

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    EDIT - Also, let's keep in mind that this is NOT to debate whether homosexuality is wrong or not. It is to debate the merits of the rule.
    Nope.

    Do feel free to make an actual thread about equality there.
    Yes, in retrospect, I shouldn't have thrown in the bit about the rule at the end. C'est la vie.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •