ATTENTION: Social Group Clean Up - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Social Group Clean Up

  1. #76
    We all change The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the internetz
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that mods can't see into private groups without being a member, but I guess that makes sense... always just assumed I could be monitored at any time. However, that being said, private groups can be an escape where people can have conversations without any random person seeing or commenting on it. I understand the reasoning, but deleting private groups if they don't switch to public seems harsh, especially if the group is active but the person who runs the group hasn't been seen for weeks. There's no way for an admin to force a switch?
    I actually thought so too. I had a private group, and a mod made a visit one time without being a member.

  2. #77
    smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Making Gotham City Grin
    Posts
    6,775
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Enzap on Tumblr

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    If I'm not mistaken, the admins, super mods, and mods responsible for managing social groups can see into them, but not other mods.

  3. #78
    At last, Kalos ghaskan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    5,811
    Blog Entries
    65
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the admins, super mods, and mods responsible for managing social groups can see into them, but not other mods.
    That's correct.

  4. #79
    Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Breathing Underwater
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    93

    Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Question: will our fan clubs be deleted if they are not active?
    I'd hope so. Just a waste of space really.
    By "fanclubs" I meant user fanclubs.

  5. #80
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,523
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Question: will our fan clubs be deleted if they are not active?
    I'd hope so. Just a waste of space really.
    By "fanclubs" I meant user fanclubs.
    As did I.
    maglev is invisible

  6. #81
    Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Breathing Underwater
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    93

    Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Question: will our fan clubs be deleted if they are not active?
    I'd hope so. Just a waste of space really.
    By "fanclubs" I meant user fanclubs.
    As did I.
    Hm, okay. Hunter's post made me think a bit differently. Sorry.

  7. #82
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,523
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Question: will our fan clubs be deleted if they are not active?
    I'd hope so. Just a waste of space really.
    By "fanclubs" I meant user fanclubs.
    As did I.
    Hm, okay. Hunter's post made me think a bit differently. Sorry.
    No problem :)
    maglev is invisible

  8. #83
    Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In a Luxury Ball.
    Posts
    457
    Blog Entries
    68
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    I would hate to lose my Bulbagarden Top Five - Bulbagarden Forums, but if I can't get any interest in it I don't see a point in keeping it open. I already deleted my failed Nando fanclub but I'm conflicted about deleting VictorySeekers - Bulbagarden Forums. I actually did intend on using this as a sort of spoiler thing, but since we've been on hiatus I couldn't make use of it.

    I'll go with whatever the staff wants to do, but I'm kind perturbed at the no hiding content thing. I mean, I understand mods need to get in and all, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the groups doesn't it? Having a secret club where we can meet with each other while our enemies associates try to guess? Can't we come to a compromise or something? Like, if you want a group to be private you have to have at least two active mods as members in it? That way we can maintain the secretive-ness of the social groups and still have it policed by staff.

    I'm not trying to hide anything bad. It's not like I'm secretly bashing Bulbagarden or posting naughty pics unfit for your innocent eyes *try reading that with a straight face, I can't XD*, but if I were to keep my Bulbagarden Top 5 group I would want all of that stuff to stay secret until I came out with the results every month. If just anyone can go in and look at that crap, then there is no point of me having the group. In fact, a lot of groups would lose their purpose because of that.
    Vanillish Twilight likes this.

  9. #84
    aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Owatonna, Minnesota
    Posts
    432
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Catilena1890 View Post
    I would hate to lose my Bulbagarden Top Five - Bulbagarden Forums, but if I can't get any interest in it I don't see a point in keeping it open. I already deleted my failed Nando fanclub but I'm conflicted about deleting VictorySeekers - Bulbagarden Forums. I actually did intend on using this as a sort of spoiler thing, but since we've been on hiatus I couldn't make use of it.

    I'll go with whatever the staff wants to do, but I'm kind perturbed at the no hiding content thing. I mean, I understand mods need to get in and all, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the groups doesn't it? Having a secret club where we can meet with each other while our enemies associates try to guess? Can't we come to a compromise or something? Like, if you want a group to be private you have to have at least two active mods as members in it? That way we can maintain the secretive-ness of the social groups and still have it policed by staff.

    I'm not trying to hide anything bad. It's not like I'm secretly bashing Bulbagarden or posting naughty pics unfit for your innocent eyes *try reading that with a straight face, I can't XD*, but if I were to keep my Bulbagarden Top 5 group I would want all of that stuff to stay secret until I came out with the results every month. If just anyone can go in and look at that crap, then there is no point of me having the group. In fact, a lot of groups would lose their purpose because of that.
    ^^^this, so much this

    I like chatting in the Socially Awkward Penguins group but the thought of random people, especially guest users, looking through our socially awkward conversation makes me feel uncomfortable... (I am really really shy)

  10. #85
    Registered User Mintaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    GMT +9
    Posts
    10,524
    Blog Entries
    80
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

    Regarding Private Groups, if there is a reason that the Group needs that function - like Groups used for planning an event or judging - it'll be allowed.

    FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •