ATTENTION: Social Group Clean Up - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Social Group Clean Up

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: Social Group Clean Up

I understand why the closing of such redundant groups would be necessary or those that were extremely inactive, but I do not think I understand the necessity of closing down every private group(or large groups). Especially if there was no 'drama' or 'drama had been resolved'.

Some groups meant a lot to the people who owned them, and it was a special place full of memories for the people in it. Such as The Planetary Pitstop, and a group that was private, the Zexalia Hideout. Those two places were very dear to me and a lot of others, and they were shut down before anyone even got a chance to perhaps save those special times.

You had told us 7 days were to be given before it was deleted. For the Zexalia Hideout and other groups such as The Planetary Pitstop and The Resistance, we barely got even an hour. It just doesn't sit well with me that we weren't given hardly any notice and also the fact that this now leaves many people without places to converse freely without it being considered 'off topic'.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

See how angry everyone is about this? Did you guys even check how active groups were before they were deleted? Did you see how happy people were when you looked in the groups? Everyone is bitter. EVERYONE. I didn't even post in the Pit Stop very often and was kicked out of the Zexalia Hideout. I'm as angry, if not angrier than a regular. Those places contained friendships and memories. They were both extremely active, and we let things out in those groups. I'm not just fighting for the happiness of myself, but others as well.

Blog Entries

"Wynaut delete social groups as a whole?"

".....Wobbuffet!"

Seems the entire OP could be replaced with that, since, let's be honest, it seems to be the basic goal.

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    Any group where the posts are not visible to people outside the group. Because that mean that even regular moderators cannot see the posts in your group. For obvious reason, we're not okay with that.
    Because you're nosy as hell?

If there's a problem, it can easily be screenshot and sent to you all. Not hard.
    TheCapsFan likes this.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Why are all of the active groups getting deleted instead of the hundreds of small, inactive fan clubs that celebrate specific Bulbagarden users?

Honestly guys, you can be annoyed or angry at the admins, but don't outright insult them. You should know that never helps. .____.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Why are all of the active groups getting deleted instead of the hundreds of small, inactive fan clubs that celebrate specific Bulbagarden users?
    But I like my group.... ;o;

What a controversial topic.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

The Zexalia hideout is a large part of the reason we realized there was a problem with private groups. Specifically, the flaming of a user that took place in the main thread of that group, with no one the wiser because only a small group of friends could see.

That was in no way, form, or shape acceptable, and the members of the group are lucky they got away without infractions and bans (so far).

Even if we had decided to delete no other group, their group was doomed the moment we found out what it had been used for.

Because you're nosy as hell?
    Because we're responsible for what happen on our site.

We'll get to them in time.

-------

Regarding the Pit Stop, there seems to have been a miscommunication. It was supposed to be deleted (because it's a too-generic group). However, group users were supposed to be given a notice and save the parts they liked about that group. Unfortunately, it appears that there was miscommunication and someone on the staff mistakenly thought that too-generic groups were to be deleted immediately.

This was a major mistake, and I'm deeply sorry it happened. While the group fell on the side we intended to delete, it didn't fall on the side that deserved taken out without warning, or without time for proper goodbye and saving of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

If any of you would like to find a past version of your group that was deleted to save some memories, if you use google chrome (I'm unsure if it only works on this, try other browsers!)

Type in the address bar cache:URL. You should be able to see the group from a few weeks ago or less. From there you can open up a new tab for the threads and continue adding cache: to the beginning of the address bar. I'm sorry this is an inconvenience and tedious, but it's the best advice I can offer for everyone who has lost things they would like to keep.

edit: Unfortunately this won't work on private groups, but I hope you haven't lost anything too much, and I'm really really sorry if you have.
    Last edited by Froakie; 14th January 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Hell's Demon Fox Truthseeker4449's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Truthseeker4449's Youtube Channel

Regarding the Pit Stop, there seems to have been a miscommunication. It was supposed to be deleted (because it's a too-generic group). However, group users were supposed to be given a notice and save the parts they liked about that group. Unfortunately, it appears that there was miscommunication and someone on the staff mistakenly thought that too-generic groups were to be deleted immediately.

This was a major mistake, and I'm deeply sorry it happened. While the group fell on the side we intended to delete, it didn't fall on the side that deserved taken out without warning, or without time for proper goodbye and saving of content.
    ....I see. It was nice knowing all of you guys, but it looks like this is the point where I leave Bulbagarden because the Pit Stop was the only thing that was still holding me here.

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

is this one Bmgf Anime Master Fan Club on the to/not to be deleted list?

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

@Evil Figment; What about The Resistance?

Regardless, we had numerous mods and admins inside of the group.

@Froakie;, I tried that, and it required me to log in. When I did, it told me that page no longer existed.

Blog Entries

Truth is Elusive - I don't know for a fact, because I wasn't involved in deleting the groups (long, tedious tasks: that's what underlings are for). But it may have been a victim of the same, from what I'm able to gather. If that's the case - well, I already apologized (via PM) to Missingno.

I'm sorry to anyone who considered these the only thing worth staying on Bulbagarden for, but having major activity spread over mini-groups like this simply was not manageable anymore. We meant Social Groups to replace fanclubs (eg, Misty Club, May Club) and things like that. It was never our intention for them to become hundreds of mini-forums that would become a major center of activity, and we simply don't have the resources to handle that sort of development.
    Hunter Blade likes this.
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries
    Add Windfall on Facebook

Truth is Elusive - I don't know for a fact, because I wasn't involved in deleting the groups (long, tedious tasks: that's what I have underlings for). But it may have been a victim of the same, from what I'm able to gather.
    But you're responsible for what happens on your site.

Blog Entries

Technically it's not my site, either (Archaic, the webmaster, owns the place).

But that technicality aside, I'll take responsibility for the failure in communication among the staff, and I've already told Missingno, via PM, that if this is indeed what happened, then I'm deeply sorry. I'll repeat it here: if, indeed, a communication error is why the group was deleted, I'm sorry.
    Hunter Blade and maglev like this.
    Sooooo...watch out!

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

We all know the Resistance made ya'll nervous, so this is just a big coverup. :(

Joking aside, stuff happens sometimes. Thanks for responding right away, Figment~
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast