There are, at present, over 1800 social groups. They've become so numerous that it's impossible for the staff to keep an eye on them all. We need to dramatically reduce that number. For that reason, we will be proceeding to a large-scale clean up of social groups. This clean-up will include several steps:
1. We will close down creation of new groups, so that we don't get new groups created faster than we can clean them up.
2. All groups that are involved in inter-members drama and rule breaking will be deleted.
3. Seven days from now, we'll delete all private groups. We feel that hiding conversations is not what social groups are for, and it make it harder for us to police things.
4. We'll delete any inactive group.
5. We'll send notices to any duplicate groups, and any group that we feel is too generic, or which we feel is really taking activity away from Entertainment Inc, informing them that they will be closed. These groups will be deleted a few days after receiving their notice (the notice will give more details on how much time you have.)
Once we're finished, new social group rules will be posted. One of the new rules includes needing to contact a moderator or administrator if you wish to create a social group. Users will no longer have the option of creating groups themselves.
If anyone has questions about this, feel free to post.