OLD Infraction System/Forum Rules (No longer active)
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD Infraction System/Forum Rules (No longer active)

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default OLD Infraction System/Forum Rules (No longer active)

Hi guys,

As a means of making things less confusing for users, and easier on mods, we've revamped the infraction system. Below is a summary of a few new caveats to the infraction system, and a list (with descriptions) of the infractions that go along with them. Note, perhaps most importantly, that the ban system has changed (point 3). If you have any questions or comments, feedback is welcome in this thread.

*A user receiving more than one infraction of the same type may have the infraction's point value multiplied by 1.5 for all future infractions.

*Before given any minor infraction (<5 points), a user must receive a warning. At the moderator's discretion, a warning may be given for a major infraction.

*10 points of infractions equals a 2 day ban. 20 points is a 10 day ban, 30 points a 1 month ban, 40 points a 2 month ban, 50 points = infinite.

*The Soap Box receives its own set of modified rules that deal with most major infractions. See the Soap Box for details.

The infractions:

“Minor” infractions – points expire after 1 month. After 2 minor infractions (from the 3rd onward,) a moderator, at his or her discretion, may give a "level II" minor infraction. It expires after 3 months, and has 1.5x the point value, rounding up. Before giving a minor infraction, the user gets a warning.

Double post: 1 point. Posting twice in a row. Exceptions are made for news-based threads where the second post adds significant new content.
    Off-topic post: 1 point. Making a post absolutely unrelated to the thread at hand.
    Double thread-post: 2 points. Posting a thread twice.
    Replied to SPAM – 2 points. This only applies to spambot-created spam. Don't reply to it; just report it.
    Minimodding - 2 points. While giving advice to other users is fine, attempting to enforce the rules--for instance, by saying "remember, no double posting!" may confuse new members as to who the moderators are. The example provided here is not considered exhaustive.
    Abuse of reporting system – 3 points. For someone abusing the post/PM/VM/thread reporting system by reporting threads that are within the rules. Only to be used for people who are bad repeat offenders (3+ threads reported which are clearly within the rules.)
    Thread Necromancy – 3 points. Reviving an old, dead thread. May not be applied to threads posted in within the last month. Threads with a last post older than one month are up to the moderator.
    SPAM – 3 points. SPAM is a broad category, but as a rule of thumb constitutes a more severe hijacking of a thread than an off topic post. May also apply to blogs when repeated blog posts are made in a short period of time.
    Signature Rule Violation - 3 points. The signature rule thread can be found here.
    ROM/illegal download discussion - 3 points. You may not discuss ROMs or illegal downloads.
    Forum-specific rule violation - 4 points. Excepting forums with major infractions, listed below. For all forums which have their own specific rules (check for a sticky thread in that forum.)

“Major” infractions – points expire after 3 months. May or may not be given with a warning. "Level II" Major infractions may be given after 1 prior infraction, have 1.5x the point value (round up), and expire after 5 months.
    Abusive language/flaming – 5 points. Fairly self-explanatory, insulting another member. If this is directed towards a moderator, the moderator who infracts it may not be the one it is directed towards, to prevent the appearance of impropriety. If there are issues with this, contact an administrator.
    Trolling – 5 points. Intentionally posting in a thread to provoke a hostile reaction; causing needless confrontation.
    Advertisement – 5 points. Posting an advertisement to another forum. If you want to advertise, use your signature.
    Soliciting/Providing a link to illegal downloads – 6 points. Self-explanatory; not allowed here.
    Illegal Sockpuppeting - 7 points, socking account gets a ban.
    Trade Center violation – Trading rule violation – 10 points. Trading hacks can ruin a cart; we have a special rule for it as a result.

Automatic permanent bans – never expire
    Being a spambot (this shouldn't impact anyone)
    Ban evasion. If we ban you, wait it out, don't come back in secret.

Other - case-by-case basis
    Death threats will lead to an administrative review and an infraction or ban commensurate with the threat leveled. Even comments made in jest are infractable.

As always, moderators can use their discretion in all infractions, and reserve the right to infract users for things not listed above if the violation is sufficiently egregious.
    Last edited by evkl; 6th July 2010 at 06:38 PM.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Default Re: New Infraction System/Forum Rules

Trade Center violation – Trading rule violation – 10 points. Trading hacks can ruin a cart; we have a special rule for it as a result.
    Really now, I wonder where you get your info. I have never seen a traded hack that has ruined a cart. Ever. The only ones I have seen were localized to those that made them, and made them poorly. It's nothing but propaganda started by extremist anti-codemachiners.

But whatever. :P Shouldn't affect me, unless I somehow end up trading something I procure off the GTS that turns out to be hacked well enough to look legit at first glance, but really isn't due to something I miss. What's the ruling on accidents like that, anyway?
    Don't know what to put here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by System Error View Post
    Really now, I wonder where you get your info. I have never seen a traded hack that has ruined a cart. Ever. The only ones I have seen were localized to those that made them, and made them poorly. It's nothing but propaganda started by extremist anti-codemachiners.

But whatever. :P Shouldn't affect me, unless I somehow end up trading something I procure off the GTS that turns out to be hacked well enough to look legit at first glance, but really isn't due to something I miss. What's the ruling on accidents like that, anyway?
    Mod discretion comes into play. We've had a few cases where people traded obviously hacked pokes without warning somebody, and that takes them out of tourneys and the like, because a hack on your cart flags it. If it's a good-faith error, you'll get a warning. If it's malicious, well, we want to weed that out as quickly as possible.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'll make sure to follow the rules this time... :)

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

right... I'll also be more careful not to double post lol
    anyways... seems reasonable...

Blog Entries

I have a question about the trade center rule violation...

Anyways, does that apply to ALL rule violations, are just the hacking thing, otherwise, I will need to be careful, since it can lead to a 2 day ban...
    ~--++~~This signature is currently under construction. Please wait for anything fancy~~++--~

Blog Entries

Just hacking. Other rule violations fall under the forum-specific rule violation.

Blog Entries

Okay, good. *sighs*
    ~--++~~This signature is currently under construction. Please wait for anything fancy~~++--~

Blog Entries

Evkl can you please make a list of things which will get you an automatic infinate ban.

Automatic permanent bans – never expire
    Being a spambot (this shouldn't impact anyone)
    Ban evasion. If we ban you, wait it out, don't come back in secret.
    Did you read the whole thing?

Blog Entries

Yes I did read the whole thing, I didn't realise that it was another heading.

Blog Entries

"Illegal sockpuppetting"? What's that?

I control the future. YoshiSage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No more ROM discussion?

I find that to be ridiculous.
    Last edited by YoshiSage; 16th November 2009 at 08:23 AM.
    <insert clever anecdote here>

Blog Entries

Amigo, it isn't retroactive-it only applies to points in the future.

Illegal sockpuppeting is having multiple accounts. If we catch you, we'll infract.

Blog Entries

I didn't even know anyone could do that.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast