A new staff position just for you! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new staff position just for you!

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: A new staff position just for you!

Congratulations on becoming the Director of User Experience, Musashi! I think I have known you for a long time, huh? I hope that I'll be able to see the fruits of this promotion...!
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Even though I don't really know you - congratulations, anyway!! Keep up the great work that has given you this big position, same goes for the other BMG staff. ^^ I'm looking forward to whatever tweaks and changes you have in store for us. Best of luck to you and I know you'll do an awesome job 'cause you were chosen for this position - you, not just anyone, which means you can do it! Have a fun experience, Musashi!
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

DA POKEMON MASTER OF DOOM

Congrats,Musashi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you will a very,very good job at this!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Congrats Musashi! I know you'll be excellent. You already are. :)
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Congratulations, Musa!

Thanks for all the support everyone. It's much appreciated.

I already have my first project up here if you guys haven't seen it yet.

home is where the heart is and my heart is in both me home land and Australia. what is my home land? Lebanon you dope. couldn't you guess from the arabic name?
    Blog Entries

I will not say anything as it would have been already said before over 9000 times

all hail shadow shadow the hedgehog6's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congrats
    c
    credict to blue dragon for the sig

Blog Entries

You must be the fastest promoted user I have known. Still, congratulations, you deserve it.

That's it for now.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 1 (23/10/2014)

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Epic Musa! Good luck! And don't have a nervous breakdown from all the PMs you'll probably recieve -cough-
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Uh, no offense, but I thought this sounded pretty pointless from reading the initial announcement, and the "project" you posted just further solidifies this.

If something is so super urgent it needs immediate attention ASAP Zulu, then the chance of you seeing an email sent before any staff member notices a report, or any online staff notices an attempt at reaching them through the forum, or any staff member currently on IRC notices that someone needs the attention of someone with power, is almost non-existant.

As for the mailing list, it's probably useful, but it's not like it has something to do with the "position". You probably suggested the idea, you probably volunteered to be the email-me-to-be-added-to-the-list person, but... what? Could you not have done this without any such position? What purpose is this position supposed to serve?
    So.

Blog Entries

Dangit, I thought it said I just received a new staff position.
    Anyway, congrats, Musashi! Good luck on your new job! :)

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

No offense, Adamant, but I strongly suspect you have no idea of the challenges involved in running a staff with nearly 100 people, which Bulbagarden is at now.

With that many people "some mod will catch it" is a bad idea. Yeah, some mod probably will. And then he's going to ask one admin without too much of an idea which one to ask, and the problem will be solved one way...then the next time something similar come up, another mod will ask another admin and solve the problem another way and we'll wind up with everyone being confused as to what we're supposed to do.

This is why, instead, we have a few people at the top who clearly are in charge of this or that - Musashi in charge of user experience, Evil Figment in charge of rules, etc. This means that when a problem comes up, the staff knows which admin to ask, and once that admin has decided something. It tends to result in much more uniform answers to problems, and much more effective general policies. Organization like this is key to becoming a good and successful community like Bulbagarden strives to be.

Central control also means someone to take charge of discussions on a problem, and to stop ideas from getting out of hands (which can often happen with 100 people talking). Very useful.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Thank you, that clarifies the purpose of the position a bit further. Your explanation puts it as a sub-manager focusing on a specific field, though, an internal position, while the original post makes it come across as some sort of... weird forum camp counselor... thing. The explanation you're giving makes it sound like a worthy position, yes, but it sure as hell doesn't have much more than the title in common with what's described in both this thread and Musashi's announcement.

Plus, well, the announcement still literally states "If there's something that you feels needs immediate staff attention, please e-mail me and I'll try and get back to you right away." Emailing Single Person X who may not see said email for half a day is not the best way to get the attention of this 100+ collective you're referring to.
    So.

It usually wont be close to "half a day". If I wasn't able to get at my mail that infrequently I wouldn't have started this. Most of the time I can respond pretty fast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast