MEMO: Meet the Staff! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Staff!

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Default Re: Meet the Staff!

I have a question. So how did all these moderators and super moderators come to be? Were they regular members that eventually rose to the rank of moderator after they proved their dedication? Or was there an application which they used to apply for the position? Are some of these super moderators paid? Or does everyone here work on their own time? I imagine there's quite a bit of money involved here. Running this place alone is a serious expense.

I'm just too curious. I've never been able to comprehend how big forums like this one came to have the moderators they do. It is beyond my imagination, unfortunately.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by farewell, friend View Post
    I have a question. So how did all these moderators and super moderators come to be? Were they regular members that eventually rose to the rank of moderator after they proved their dedication? Or was there an application which they used to apply for the position? Are some of these super moderators paid? Or does everyone here work on their own time? I imagine there's quite a bit of money involved here. Running this place alone is a serious expense.

I'm just too curious. I've never been able to comprehend how big forums like this one came to have the moderators they do. It is beyond my imagination, unfortunately.
    I know the answer to some of those questions, just because I have seen some other users ask them.

If there is a need for a new staff member, there will be a thread for applications. Sometimes, but not very often at all, a user will be asked to be staff without an application.
    I am not sure if admins get paid though.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Everyone is different. I rose to my position from a regular user.

It's all non-paid voluntary work.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi View Post
    Everyone is different. I rose to my position from a regular user.

It's all non-paid voluntary work.
    You are a body-guard?
    Hmmmmmmmmmm................. that's a pretty respectable job.
    I will not deny being one has never crossed my mind but I have a better mental & musical fort.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by farewell, friend View Post

there are a couple ways one can become a staff member. Firstly, there have been multiple staff drives, which numerous staff members can point to as when they were hired. Others were hired because sections were either undermanned or just starting and needed someone to oversee them. Basically, it all boils down to need. If a section is deemed in need of more moderation, the staff will find someone new to step in.

and no, no money.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Interesting stuff. I enjoyed reading this.