RULES: Introducing The Bulbagarden Board of Appeals - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Introducing The Bulbagarden Board of Appeals

Blog Entries

Default Re: Introducing The Bulbagarden Board of Appeals

Thank you, and please keep in contact with me by PM. I'll be available for the whole week, actually. Best of luck.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Satoshi/Ash Fanboy
    Blog Entries

These questions prompted on my mind.
    1.Can a board of appeal(s) member inhibit on cases which he/she is involved?
    2. Does the board have a temporary restraining order? (I think that this board is a court of appeals, despite differences in meaning)

The board must be democratically elected not appointed. Appointments to the board means a bias to the process of fair judgment. I accept the seniority of the board members but must be elected.
    Last edited by bandage_scizors; 30th January 2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added some words

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

@bandage_scizors
    1.Can a board of appeal(s) member inhibit on cases which he/she is involved?
    Not sure what you mean by "inhibit," but board members do not sit on cases where they are involved.

2. Does the board have a temporary restraining order? (I think that this board is a court of appeals, despite differences in meaning)
    I'm really not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

I know this wouldn't affect me since I'm so good, but if someone got in trouble for something and they get infracted, can I appeal for me to take the blame if I prompted the person to do implicitly, and it was went unseen by the moderators? Or would we both get infracted?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver Hummingbird View Post
    I know this wouldn't affect me since I'm so good, but if someone got in trouble for something and they get infracted, can I appeal for me to take the blame if I prompted the person to do implicitly, and it was went unseen by the moderators? Or would we both get infracted?
    Can you PM me some more specifics? I'm really not sure I understand what you're asking here.

sparkl on, dargon slaer Fox Magician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fox Magician On Twitter Add Fox Magician on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    Can you PM me some more specifics? I'm really not sure I understand what you're asking here.
    If I said something which could cause me to be infracted and I don't get one, while someone does the same thing a few posts later and he does get an infraction, can I appeal that it was my fault and I were to be the one to get an infraction instead of the other person? Or would we both have the infraction together?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    If I said something which could cause me to be infracted and I don't get one, while someone does the same thing a few posts later and he does get an infraction, can I appeal that it was my fault and I were to be the one to get an infraction instead of the other person? Or would we both have the infraction together?
    I'm weary to give an opinion without seeing the specifics of a case like this. If it comes up, feel free to let us know and we'll have a look.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Just a quick update regarding what's going on here.

Some of you may have noticed that the latest staff chart doesn't mention a Board of Appeal, and instead has evkl and I listed as vice-webmasters. We wanted to simplify things and abolish hyper-specific roles, so that would be why. Otherwise, vice-webmasters (and the webmaster) remain the final authority on Bulbagarden, and will take care of serious complaints. So that part hasn't changed in any significant way.

---------

The second thing that's changed is that we've had many appeals (many, many, many) that resulted from a member and a moderator misunderstanding each other, or a member misunderstanding a rule, as well as many appeals about minor disagreements between a member and moderators.

We can't handle them all, and having the higher-ups barge into every little things like that makes our moderators feel we don't trust them at all. This isn't good for anyone. As a result, instead of trying to solve every dispute ourselves, we'll be redirecting complaint to the person best suited to handling it. If there's a misunderstanding, we'll ask the mod who gave you the infraction to explain. If you and he have a small disagreement, we're going to ask the relevant section head to clear the issue. In both cases, of course, IF they cannot resolve the conflict they'll pass it back to us to make the final decision.

Of course, very serious cases (those involving bans, or bad forum rules) are still going to be handled directly by evkl and I.
    Bluelatios likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123