RULES: Introducing The Bulbagarden Board of Appeals - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Introducing The Bulbagarden Board of Appeals

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Introducing The Bulbagarden Board of Appeals

Again? The rules seem to be changed a lot..
    But anyway, I think this a great idea. It looks like it'll be helpful.

Blog Entries

Since we have this new system in place it's only fair that the current rules be reevaluated.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Ah, that makes sense.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Nope. The Conduct Review Board was done away with quite a few months ago, and users could have contacted Evil Figment (then Rule Director) to appeal infractions afterwards. It's the replacement of the replacement of the Conduct Review Board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    As Iteru said - We abolished the CRB - too clunky, hard to use - months ago.
    Hmmm odd, I don't recall seeing any announcements or anything that it was abolished. Though then again, maybe it was posted in the grotto or something? Ah well, at least I know now.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

No, we just removed the contact information for it from the relevant thread, because it had fallen into disuse and the information was largely out of date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are there going to especially be preventative measures taken if a staff member decides to appeal against another staff member?

Also my comments on the appeal form-

To fill in a complaint against abusive actions by staff members
    Which staff member is the problem?*
    This sounds way too harsh. I think it should be re-worded. "Which staff member is the problem?" should be re-worded to something less severe like "Name of the staff member involved in this appeal." "Board Appeal Form" sounds a lot better than "complaints form" as well. Or something along those lines. I hate the use of the word "punish" and as a former mod I would feel that this whole appeal system would scare me from doing my job. I don't like this image of the staff here walking on thin ice going on in my head. Or being unable to defend themselves, especially if it's another staff member making the appeal.

Anyways just my opinion.

Blog Entries

Good ideas on the wordings. I've made the appropriate changes.

Regarding staff members and thin ice, there was always the possibility of a moderator's action being reviewed. It's necessary to any sort of fairness (and to be fair, there have been, many times in the past, mistakes and even abuses of power by moderators. The vast majority of infractions/bans/actions are perfectly fair, but not all). In the past it usually involved a hackneyed conduct review board which never worked; or the head administrator looking into things, or the rule director looking into things. One way or another, the topmost members of the staff always had the power to look into allegations of mistake, and try to figure out what happened. (And topmost staff is who you have here: evkl and I are the people who have actually run Bulbagarden from 2003 til today, for Archaic).

Staff reporting other staff will be no different from staff reporting members. People who aren't sure that what was done was the right thing, should have a way to make sure that it was. This is why staff can appeal.

However, you can be sure that (except in grave circumstances), no one will be punished without being given a chance to explain their actions. The board of appeal exists to protect people, user AND staff both, from unfair punishment or treatment . Punishing moderator is only somethign that will occur when absolutely necessary for that goal (usually because of power abuse or repeated refusal to listen to explanations of what is expected from staff members)
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

The Last Red Mage Keldora Dragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok thanks for clearing that all up. And thanks for listening to my input too! The wording is a lot better now. I'm glad users and staff alike are able to review policies together. And I have high hopes that this system will succeed better than the old conduct review board. Besides was that old system ever even used? I remember evkl made a post of problems that were brought to the conduct board (leaving out names of course) once and it seemed like they were planning a monthly report on it but I never saw any other mention.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I have a question: If someone fills in a complaint form, how long would they have to wait to get a reply?

Blog Entries

It could be a few days, as evkl's availability can sometimes be limited.
    Sooooo...watch out!

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

This is a very good idea! I haven't seen any problems here, but I know a lot of places that is bad about that. Like unreasonably closing entire threads just because users get in fights.

Blog Entries

I would like to report an unreasonable act of moderation on the thread
    To the members of BMGf....
    I have been careful to explain thoroughly my case. The thread was closed without reason or debate, and I believe you need to take a better look at its message. I will be here pretty much all day to discuss this matter formally. Thank you.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

@Bluelatios

There is a proper way to appeal described above. Posting in this thread is not it.

We don't want this thread to become filled with assorted appeals.
    Sooooo...watch out!

Blog Entries

Yes, I have sent the official appeal. Please review it, as it is a very serious matter.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

We will review it as soon as the board of appeal can meet (evkl has been busy lately), along with several other very serious things that also need our attention.
    Sooooo...watch out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast