Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Inter-site drama

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Inter-site drama

I'm guessing these are the correct definition:

1) [USER A] and [USER B] go to [Forum X]. [USER B] gets pissed off with [USER A] and bans him from [FORUM X].
    [USER B] then moves to Bulbagarden, and begins slagging off [USER A]; either through [USER A] also having an account here, or by mentioning it on blogs etc.

2) [USER C] doesn't have a very good opinion of [USER D] and slags off said user on [FORUM Y]. [USER C] gets banned.
    [USER C] then comes to Bulbagarden to continue said slagging off.

Under this rule, both [USER B] and [USER C] would get a 2-day ban.

Correct?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Blog Entries

In short, guys, just drop the drama. It's stupid and unnecessary.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries
    Follow an illegible mess. On Twitter Add an illegible mess. on Facebook Add an illegible mess. on MySpace
    Follow an illegible mess. on Tumblr Visit an illegible mess.'s Youtube Channel

i feel like this announcement is being directed mainly at me. also some of the posts on here seem to be directed at me. i feel like i caused shit and i don't belong here anymore. i was pissed off, didn't know any better, and i was very confused and just... well... let's say my mind was "fogged" that day. i'm not the type of person to keep grudges to myself. i have to spit them out to somebody or something. i felt that bmgf was an understanding community and would help me calm down.

i don't know, really. i just prefer to let it go. but then more stuff happens on the so-called forum i mentioned and i'm taken to blame AGAIN. then people get pissed off, then i feel guilty, then the forum is trashed and everybody looks down on it, then i feel practically betrayed and take it all out on myself.

i respect evkl's decision to stop the drama. i didn't mean to cause any of it, it just happened. i hope people understand that i meant no harm and i am actually a great person, and the forum i mentioned is actually a great forum. i hope that my post can sum up the situation a little more and that it wasn't multiple people doing it, it was mostly me.

with that, i would just like to say to everybody on here that stirred up trouble because of what i said: stop it. it's immature and rude and it's making me feel responsible for all the mess. it's also making me feel betrayed and i'm losing a lot of friends because of this incident. it was none of your business in the first place anyway.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad it's banned here now.

But if you want a major example of it, victinigate. Users at a certain site were angry that BulbaNews wasn't potraying them in the way they wanted to be after Victini got leaked thanks to a picture taken in a theater, and so they raided BMGf and spammed up the thread, until it was locked. That's an extreme case though, as usually it's just between 2 people.

It's annoying, and only causes bans.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by an illegible mess. View Post
    i feel like this announcement is being directed mainly at me.
    This announcement isn't being directed toward anybody in particular, but on a number of issues that many members have involved themselves with over the past few months. We're not blaming any one person.

Also, this isn't really the thread to be calling out anybody else that involved themselves with inter-site drama, either.
    Kayi-chan likes this.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Yeah, seriously: if I (or we, the staff) have an issue with what one person is doing, I'll let them know. I'm not going to do one of those "a person is causing trouble, we won't say who" announcements in public. It's a problem substantially bigger than one person or even one group.

This rule is designed to prevent trolling and flaming on Bulba because of stuff starting off elsewhere. We have a pretty good idea of when a fight started off-site. And, as I said, we'll deal with it accordingly.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by minimag View Post
    He means you cannot get mad at someone on these forums over events which happened on other websites.
    Just wondering, what about if something happens on another form of communication that is not a Forum. I'm talking about instant messengers, like AIM, Skype, etc. To me, I think it falls in the same category as other forums, but that's just my opinion. Thanks. ^_^

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

If you've got a problem with someone that's going to interfere with your (or their) ability to be here and not break the rules, let us know and we'll try to sort everything out. That's, in our experience, pretty rare. The Ignore list works great for that stuff.
    Pidge and Ino-Chan like this.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    The Ignore list works great for that stuff.
    YES. Use it noobs.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/profile.php?do=ignorelist
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

I don't have any of this here drama, but if two users didn't like each other, couldn't they just duke it out over the PM system?

Blog Entries

The point is, we don't want drama or conflicts that have nothing to do with Bulbagarden being carried over here; not to mention the fact that these situations almost always extend to a significant amount of members than just two. PMs are a reasonable way in which two members can work out their problems without carrying their conflict elsewhere, but definitely not through "duking it out"; flaming or harassing someone privately through PMs is no better than flaming them publicly, and infractions would be carried out in both cases.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    I don't have any of this here drama, but if two users didn't like each other, couldn't they just duke it out over the PM system?
    From what I have seen, people try and work out whatever problem they have via PM or VM, but it always ends up in a thread or in a Social Group, trust me

(I'm sorry, I have to say it) Save teh drama for yo mama =P

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    Yeah and it does happen there too. But public embarrassment is much more fun amirite?
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

DCM
    Blog Entries

back on topic. We're not here to speculate at the source of these issues, rather inform you of the new ruling.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

So basically what happens in that forum, stays in that forum (Only using this as an example. What happens on Serebiiforums, Stays on Serebiiforums).

Does sound like a good rule as well, Bulbagarden is one of the few places that not that much (Note I said much, I know things do go on here) fighting goes on, and it does make it look more peaceful and mature.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast