ATTENTION: Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    As a new poster (well, longtime lurker-new poster), this sort of thing makes me feel very welcome, especially since I'm not super-forthcoming with my gender identity (which isn't the same as sexuality, but everyone calls it LGBT) in most places. When I saw that there was special gender catagory for Transgender, I thought "huh, maybe I should pick that".

Though, I am kinda wondering why Gardevoir instead of Marill or Azurill, since those Pokémon are actually related to some sort of gender change, while Gardevoir just looks androgynous.
    I think it's because Gardevoir is associated with looking feminine but is 50% male. Although it would be interesting to see a Machamp there too since they're 50% female.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    I think it's because Gardevoir is associated with looking feminine but is 50% male. Although it would be interesting to see a Machamp there too since they're 50% female.
    I guess I was unclear. I mean, I understand why Gardevoir is used, it seems strange to use it when there's a Pokémon that can actually change genders. Oh well, I'm not in charge and this has probably been in use for a long while before I came along. Didn't mean to sidetrack the topic.

追放されたバカ

Why are WE HAVING THIS IT'S A POKEMON SITE!
    I guess is now the Offical Gay Pokemon user forum.

I agree with transform the gays have been accepted already enough in the world.
    nintendont likes this.

DCM
    Blog Entries

This thread is about Sexuality, not whether or not this month is needed. We will not be debating that. Drop it.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Has homosexuality become acceptable enough?

If you wish to discuss that tangent further, please go to this thread.

Taking great pains to keep everypony happy while keeping my sanity.
    Blog Entries

I am straight. But is support same-sex marraige.
    if a "gay" Perrson wants to marry another "gay" person let them.

Also if the word gay is in quotes because i believe it is a duragatory term.
    Rule#1 NEVER break a Pinkie Promise!!!!
    Rule#2 always bring a bannana to a party.
    Rule#3 Citrus fruit is not effected by space-time fluxuations.
    Rule#4 Everypony in Ponyville is CRAZY!!! Just deal with it.

Blog Entries

Only if used as an insult. If used simply as a point of reference there's nothing derogitory about it.

Taking great pains to keep everypony happy while keeping my sanity.
    Blog Entries

True but in my experience it is usualy used as a duragatory term.
    Rule#1 NEVER break a Pinkie Promise!!!!
    Rule#2 always bring a bannana to a party.
    Rule#3 Citrus fruit is not effected by space-time fluxuations.
    Rule#4 Everypony in Ponyville is CRAZY!!! Just deal with it.

Blog Entries

Fair enough, it all depends on where you live. Just keep in mind that a lot of people use the word gay to describe themselves.

"Queer" used to be derogatory, too, but it's being reclaimed.

Blog Entries
    Add Aetheria on Facebook

I really like this idea. I really, really do. Because honestly, it makes me sick when someone is mad fun of/bullied for being something besides straight, or what people call "normal" wherever I go. At my school, kids are insulted and gossiped about for possibly being bisexual. And then they stay away from them. And seriously, that's sick. Just because someone is bisexual/lesbian/gay doesn't mean you have the right to insult them for their sexuality. It's natural. Can't stop someone from loving another.

I personally believed I was straight until about almost 2 years ago. Back then, I only went with insulting bisexuals/gays/lesbians because it was what everyone did, and if I defended them I'd be like some freak to them. But honestly, I really did not care about sexuality. Whatever you were, you were. Love is natural. It makes no sense to be illegal. Sure, women can't have babies with another woman, and men can't have babies at all. But that doesn't mean EVERY couple on the planet will be gay/lesbian. That is why I believe the laws and stuff around the world about gays/lesbians not being able to marry is complete bullshit.

So yeah. I, myself, am bisexual and I respect every 'sexuality' there is. Like I said, if that's what you are, no one can really hate you for it unless they're some asshole.
    I am proud to know these wonderful people:
    Capsy | Moll | Hyper | Rai

Blog Entries

I personally feel that sexuality based discrimination, unless it specifically involves you, ought not to be present in day to day society. I'm going something along the line of that if something doesn't concern you, it is better not to get involved in it. It makes others feel uncomfortable, and a whole situation that can be rather embarrassing for some people could easily be avoided. Unless advances are specifically made towards you, there's no reason to discriminate as such. (Note: Even if advances are made towards you, I would still say that you ought to simply deal with them in a refined manner, rather then bring discrimination in).

Made by Blue Dragon!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

i'm a 19-year-old bisexual girl and am in an amazing relationship with a bisexual guy. we understand each other more easily than others. neither of our parents know about our sexuality, and i don't think it's really any of their business if they don't ask or care. it's no one's but our's and the people we care to let know.
    i am 150% for same-sex marriage and other gay rights. it's quite important to me actually. i went to a judeo christian school and same-sex couples were EXTREMELY frowned upon. the environment was very constricting and controlling. all i can say is that i'm glad i don't have to be there anymore and i can do what i want and be with who i want.

Blog Entries

I'm totally for gay marriage. If someone can come up with even ONE good reason why gay people shouldn't be able to marry, I'll immedietly switch over to their side. So far I've posed this challenge to every bigot I've ever met, and none of them have convinced me. Also, no-one ever will. There is no logical reason whatsoever for forbidding someone to marry someone of the same gender. Call me a romantic, but I beleive that love should come before everything else, money and religion included. I know there are people who feel very strongly that homosexuality is wrong, but I feel just as strongly they they're just morons. The fact that none of the bigots I've ever met have been able to defend their position with anything but highly flawed logic about how gay marriage would mean that no-one would be having babies, a quote from some holy book, or "Shut up (insert insult here)" makes me feel even more confident that there is absolutely no reason why gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sheisthearsonist View Post
    i went to a judeo christian school and same-sex couples were EXTREMELY frowned upon. the environment was very constricting and controlling. all i can say is that i'm glad i don't have to be there anymore and i can do what i want and be with who i want.
    Was there any resistance against that? It seems like there isn't enough.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

resistance against the school? yeah a couple of my friends, who were a gay couple, went to the library and got law books and passages stating that the public school system couldn't tell them how to be in a relationship.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast