ATTENTION: Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden Outreach: Sexuality Month

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    I'm not against gays, I'm against the idea of Gay Marriage.
    Then you're against gays. I don't see how this idea escapes you that you're denying people basic rights. You can't say that you're not against someone and then try to oppose treating them like everyone else.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

*sigh* This is something that is very split in the Christian world. Some say that the Bible very strictly says that homosexuality is wrong. The other side says that it's not specific enough and that it is an old-fashioned law that was repealed when Jesus came.

Personally I don't see a thing wrong with homosexuality/bisexuality. Although some parts of it I find kind of... foreign, mostly because I wasn't really exposed to it until a bit later than most people I believe. I think that this month is a good idea since bullying is a major issue. Nobody deserves that.

Blog Entries

I would hate to drag this out, but I think that the right to marry falls under the 9th amendment in the Bill of Rights.

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

Okay, to get this thread back into happier areas...

I'm a gay male myself and, thankfully, despite still being in school, I've escaped with barely any bullying. Actually, the only bullying to my face was being called a 'fucking faggot'. I may or may not have punched him and asked him what it felt like to be beaten by a 'fucking faggot'... *clears throat* Online, some idiot tried it out but, quite frankly, I just sort of destroyed him as he got angrier and angrier at the fact that I was clearly relishing in it and his abuse wasn't working. It was hilarious. He kept on trying to insult me and I kept pretending to throw glitter at him. Then 3 girls he's best friends with (and clearly wanted into) went mental at him because they love gays. He shut up.
    Someone did say that all gays deserved to get shot in the presence of one of my best friends. She went mental and started screaming at him. The teacher in the classroom at the time overheard and began berating him also. He quickly stopped.

So, yeah, me being out since I was 13 hasn't really been too much hassle, if I'm honest. Every girl in my school are practically begging for a gay best friend so don't take homophobic shit from the boys who quickly stop as they want some pussy (ew). Very good system.

That being said, I'm not out to my family. My mother knows that I'm gay and I guess it's an unspoken fact in my house. My sister and I sat down and watched Sex & the City: The Movie, Madonna live and Will & Grace together and enjoyed ourselves. I assumed that was enough for me to come out. The main reason I don't want to make it official is because my grandmother once threatened to cut me out of her will if I came out as gay since she hates teh homos. She's also rich and loves me so I feel like it's a worthwhile trade. It's not as if I have a boyfriend (don't know any out gay/bi guys my age) so it's not as if I'm keeping a massive part of my life from them. Well, that's how I justify it; really, I just want my grandmother's money. Shall come out after she's gone. Bit morbid but it's a system that'll work.

Blog Entries

Follow Haxie-kun on Tumblr

hey, i'm asexual.
    it's best for me. That's how i roll.
    nintendont likes this.
    http://fav.me/d4nfczm (my DV art)http://zombie-haxie-chantumblr.com/ follow me!~Feel free to chat with me~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableTendency View Post
    The main reason I don't want to make it official is because my grandmother once threatened to cut me out of her will if I came out as gay since she hates teh homos. She's also rich and loves me so I feel like it's a worthwhile trade.
    ...Clearly she doesn't love you all that much. Just putting that out there. Bigots of that extent, I don't think can be described accurately as such. If she loved you, she'd be more willing to change her hateful ways.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Hi, demisexual heterosexual here.

I don't want to say I'm merely pro-gay rights or whatever. Because that's oversimplifying.

I'm pro-human rights.

And I think the idea of reaching out is absolutely lovely.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yo.

I'm bisexual.

I am with this month, I really along with others hate being bullied or is against it.

Blog Entries

I think Sexuality Month is a pretty cool guy. eh makes people of all sexualities feel welcome and doesn't afraid of anything.

But seriously, I love this idea. I don't really believe there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else! Here's hoping some government decides to make this thing official!
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Some governments already have.

Blog Entries

Really? That's good! Okay then, I hope more governments do, especially mine.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

This is a good thing and the Bulbastaff should feel good.
    Ghost likes this.

Blog Entries

As a new poster (well, longtime lurker-new poster), this sort of thing makes me feel very welcome, especially since I'm not super-forthcoming with my gender identity (which isn't the same as sexuality, but everyone calls it LGBT) in most places. When I saw that there was special gender catagory for Transgender, I thought "huh, maybe I should pick that".

Though, I am kinda wondering why Gardevoir instead of Marill or Azurill, since those Pokémon are actually related to some sort of gender change, while Gardevoir just looks androgynous.

But yeah, when I was growing up, I realized this pretty early on, but I tried to hide it because I was afraid of what the other children would do to me (middle schoolers can be super mean.) I tried to forget about it, but I couldn't really. I got in a relationship with a wonderful woman for four years because I wasn't able to accept myself. Imagine her heartache when her boyfriend said he wanted to be a girl. Fear of social persecution kept me from saying, but little cracks in my persona eventually widened and I had to admit it. I was lucky enough to surround myself with good friends that accepted me for who I am when I finally 'came out' about three years ago.

So yeah, acceptance for people who are different, whether by sexuality, gender-identity, race, creed, culture... all of it's important. I hope the logical connection between it all is more apparent to you than it is to me. It kinda feels like rambling to me.
    evkl and Aetheria like this.

Registered User Singing in the Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi View Post
    I don't really believe there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!
    Would it be okay if I made this my sig?

Anyway, although I am straight, I belive that there are no limits to love. It is a special thing, and should be able to be shared with everyone by anyone. Why anyone would belive otherwise is completely beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi
    I don't really belive there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!

Blog Entries

Go ahead! I'd be honored.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast