ATTENTION: Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Bulbagarden Forums Staff Recruitment Drive 2011

So, you want to be a Bulbagarden Moderator?

As we have done a few times in the past, we're opening our doors wide to new candidates for moderator positions. We want to gather all the posters who are willing and able to fill moderator positions and give all the reasonable candidates a fair chance to be staff.

This time, however, thanks to the magic of vB4, we'll be doing things in a slightly more sophisticated way. We have a form you can fill in, telling us who you are and why you should be a moderator, and answering a few simple questions to give us an idea of how you see a moderator's work.

The form is here. (this link should work. If it doesn't say so, please tell us, vB4 has a few issues to be ironed out)

Some important rules:

1. ALWAYS be truthful. If you lie, chances are we'll find out soon enough and we won't take it kindly.

2. Fill a separate application form for each forum you'd like to moderate, but please don't apply for more than two or three forums at once.

3. Do not apply more than once to the same forum, unless it's been several months since your first application.

4. Do NOT apply in this thread. Use the form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    3. Do not apply more than once to the same forum, unless it's been several months since your first application.
    So does that mean this is more like a recruitment office than an actual drive?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden Forums Staff Drive 2011 - So you want to be a moderator?

Good luck to all those applying =D
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Blog Entries

Good luck guys. Remember to try and tell us why we should choose you to become a mod--convince us! Show us how you're different.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sazand*ra View Post
    So does that mean this is more like a recruitment office than an actual drive?
    It might eventually become that. Right now it's a drive, but we'll like keep the form in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Just a clarifying question: About how long does it take for applications to go through, and for the moderators to be chosen?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Just a clarifying question: About how long does it take for applications to go through, and for the moderators to be chosen?
    We receive the applications immediately. I don't think we're quite sure when we plan to mod everyone, though.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Best of luck to everyone. I look forward to finding people for the sections I'm in.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Follow Haxie-kun on Tumblr

Will you guys wait till you have all mods to tell people they're mods now or just going to give the job to someone when you guys approve of him/her?

Blog Entries

Everyone will be modded at the same time.

Blog Entries

I just applied. ^^

I'm not very confident, cause I've applied in the past and didn't get modded. But maybe this time will be different.

Blog Entries

I have a little problem: When I submitted the form, it went back to the same page, so I don't know if I submitted it or not. Would you guys please tell me if you received the application so I don't double-submit?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

It was received.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I applied and hope I get accepted, but I don't really expect to be.

EDIT: Was my app received? Bulbagarden hit a 403, so I don't know if it was.

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

Blog Entries

We got it =)
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 30th September 2011, 12:35 AM