Bulbacast is restarting!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulbacast is restarting!

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Bulbacast is restarting!

Hi guys,

So as the next phase of the ongoing Project Overgrow, we're looking to restart Bulbacast. We obviously want to bring back many of the veterans who helped make the cast incredibly successful, while also potentially adding new flavor to the party.

Before I go into detail about how we'll figure out new cast members, a handful of requirements:

*A mic
    *A block of free time every week (i.e., every Saturday, noon GMT--for example.)
    *The ability to record and reformat audio files is preferred but by no means required

With that out of the way, here's how this is going to happen.

Post your interest in here, along with blocks of free time, expressed in GMT. If you have questions, feel free to ask. After we get a good idea of who's interested, and what free time people have, we'll group people into "Cast Groups." Cast groups will be responsible for putting together a five- to ten- minute short podcast. From there...we'll see what happens and how each cast group performs.

Once we actually make the cast groups, we'll provide a little more info about them. Veterans of Bulbacast, throw me a PM or post in here just to confirm your interest (but I'll be reaching out to you if you happen to not see.)

Again, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are, as always, here to help.

I look forward to hearing you guys soon!
    -evkl
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbacast is restarting!

I'm definitely interested! I am free pretty muchly all day on the weekend (Friday & Saturday) and from 11 pm to 2 am GMT. The best topic for me to be a part of would probably be a part of the Video Game or Anime/Movie category. I have all of the componets required.
    Last edited by AiedailEclipsed; 22nd March 2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

I'm interested. 6 am to 8 am on Saturday and Sunday mornings GMT is best for me.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm up for it. Pacific timezone, available pretty much any time except 2 am-noon.

But this depends on when I get my computer fixed/replaced since right now it's horribly broken.

Blog Entries

wheeeeeeee about time..

too lazy to PM, so here is my 2cents: as always, I'm avail pretty much any day/time. Also, can host the files (we still host all the existing ones) too.

I can also edit, clean up, and encode (though not record at this time) the casts.. using block recorded skype calls (like we did before) and/or sperately recorded parts by each cast member/callin/etc. New sfx/bgm will have to be provided once decided upon.
    Last edited by PPNSteve; 22nd March 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Yes, I'm definitely interested! ^^

I have Eastern time, and I'm available pretty much any day of the week. But the best time you can catch me would probably be sometime on the weekend, Friday through Sunday.

And I have lots of experience, both as a callin and regular member of the cast (Bulbacast: English Edition). So I'd be more than happy to join the Bulbacast again!! ^_^

I'll be ready next month onwards! (All day) :D

Blog Entries

I'm available most nights, usually on a Saturday (EST time).

There is a possibility I might have homework during these times, especially in my History of Graphic Design class, but otherwise, I have Saturday's clear.

Maybe, like, 9:00 PM or so?

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

I'm interested, as I'm usually free all day on Saturdays and Sundays -- so just about any time is fine with me. . .but preferably after 12p.m. EDT, whatever that is GMT -- and there is very rarely an exception to that. . .I just need to get my mic working again. . .should be no problem though.

I'm no expert on any facet of Pokemon, but what I do have is opinions on just about everything. (But who doesn't?)

If there is anything I'd be anywhere near useful on, it's the movies. If there is anything I'm good at, it's talking about/reviewing movies.

So I'd do it, I just don't think anyone cares about my opinions, and people probably want to hear someone who has been around for more than three months.
    Last edited by Nelly; 23rd March 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add *Leeney* on Facebook

Um, I'm interested but I can't adjust/edit audio files but can I still give out any creative ideas. I have a good imagination. I'm available on Saterdays and Sundays from 3-8 PM in the Eastern Timezone.

~Dressed for success

I'm not interested in participating, but here's some advice:

Spend less time ranting about Misty, please? :p

Having listened to those old Bulbacasts lately, its absolutely ridiculous how people kept on claiming she was going to make a return to the DP series, or how she was somehow "more important" to the franchise than the other two girls.

For a character that's now in less than half the shows total episodes, I find it absurd how the old cast kept ranting about how important she was, and how she was more vital to the series than either of the two girls who came after her. Again having listened to those old casts lately, the prediction about Misty was so totally wrong I don't even understand why you guys spent so much time on it.

Other than that I hope the new Bulbacast is fun and I look forward to it!
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 22nd March 2009 at 11:59 PM.

This is gonna sound like such a dumb question (it probably is a dumb question actually) but what is Bulbacast? *embarrassed*

Blog Entries

If I can get a mic up and running I'll see what I can do.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Sharing is Caring! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

I'd participate, but my schedule seems so erratic sometimes.

I'll see what I can do.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PPNSteve View Post
    wheeeeeeee about time..

too lazy to PM, so here is my 2cents: as always, I'm avail pretty much any day/time. Also, can host the files (we still host all the existing ones) too.

I can also edit, clean up, and encode (though not record at this time) the casts.. using block recorded skype calls (like we did before) and/or sperately recorded parts by each cast member/callin/etc. New sfx/bgm will have to be provided once decided upon.
    If PPN's in, I'm in too.

So PPN, you interested in this "cast group" thing? PM me in the chat and we'll see what we can do about getting some of the old group from the bulbacasts (as well as from those "other" casts we did).

Also, if the Question of the Week segment is brought back, I'll resume my old duties with that as well hopefully.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast