Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Evil Figment
  • 5 Post By TheMissingno.
  • 1 Post By Protopost

Thread: Apology and update regardign the group deletion fiasco tonight

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Apology and update regardign the group deletion fiasco tonight

Earlier today, there was a major staff mistake in the process of implementing our plans to clean up social groups. Two groups that shouldn't have been immediately deleted, were. This appear to have been the result of staff miscommunnication.

We are, again, deeply sorry for the people we screwed over. We screwed up, plain and simple.

Our reasons to want to reduce the number of social groups still stands, and our general ideas about which groups will need to go likewise. However, it's a severe warning signs that there are things to improve about the way we do things.

So, effective now, I've asked the staff to put a hold on any further deletion, while we go over the process to make sure that it's done fairly and without any further mistakes like this.

I realize that some of you would rather we put an end to deletion altogether, or limit them a great deal further. This in itself won't be happening. We may tweak the limits a little, and go with a slower, more delicate approach, but ultimately, don't expect significant changes in which groups are getting deleted and which are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Apology and update regardign the group deletion fiasco tonight

That's okay, shit happens.

I hope the owner of the other group, as well as my fellow members of The Resistance, can join me in forgetting about this and getting on with our lives.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Exactly what TheMissingno. said. Everyone makes mistakes because we're all human. I've basically gotten over all of it because I know things can be much worse than this. What if Bulba was gone for good? That would be far worse than this group deletion, and I'm fully aware that only a few were terribly active, so I understand why you are taking this course of action. I'm sorry for over-reacting earlier. I couldn't think straight due to all of my hopeless anger. XD

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

One tweak.

General chat-type group (like the two we deleted) are STILL on the deletion list, as of now. However they're goign to be the very last thing on the list, and we're going to stop and reevaluate whether we really need them to go when we get to them, based on how many groups are left and how many of those groups there really are at this point (as well as what the groups are like).

This isn't a promise to change our mind (far from). But we will see where we are then, and decide accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

I was one of the active Pitstop members, and honestly, I understand exactly why the staff is doing what they're doing, and admittidly, I'm glad that they are not only determined enough to carry out their goals, but willing to admit that they screwed up and are now taking a different approach to reaching their goal. Resistance, I hope you guys are faring as well as we Pitstoppers are doing, and to the staff I hope your endeavors go well.

Also to those of you in other general groups, enjoy the bit of extra time you have to save memories and plan forwards and remember, even if it is the end of your group's world, you can always create a new one elsewhere.
    Scarlet Sky likes this.

Blog Entries

Things like these happen but it's never that easy to admit your mistakes and work to fix things. So in that regard you guys did an excellent job and it's great that you're working hard to ensure it doesn't happen again. :D