zoroark used dark pulse!

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: zoroark used dark pulse!

  1. #1
    "Equality" mini-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Skyloft
    Posts
    7,053
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default zoroark used dark pulse!

    has anyone noticed that in the battle scene in the corocoro scan with zoroark versus zorua, it seems like zoroark is using dark pulse! If anyone can provide the picture for the page, it would be much appreciated! just compare it to a picture of dark pulse from gen 5

  2. #2
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    1. Yeah, we all realized it, even when they were coro coro scans.
    2. Here ya go.



    I fail to see how this is purposeful.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  3. #3
    "Equality" mini-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Skyloft
    Posts
    7,053
    Blog Entries
    139

  4. #4
    That Guy Rellik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,253
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Actually, we don't know for a fact that that's Dark Pulse. While it's true that it does bare a striking resemblance to the Dark Pulse animation from GenIV, one mustn't forget that the screeny in question is a Beta shot for a new generation of games. It may be Dark Pulse, but it's also possible that it's a completely different attack with a similar animation, or maybe even some kind of new PokeBall release animation.

    And I agree, I don't see the point to this thread. It could have easily gone into any of the other dozen or so Zoro or Screeny discussion threads.

  5. #5
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    1. Yeah, we all realized it, even when they were coro coro scans.
    I didn't. And still, it might just be the effect of being released from a dusk ball you know.


  6. #6
    Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway. Nåååååååårrr-ghe!
    Posts
    1,945
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    Actually, we don't know for a fact that that's Dark Pulse. While it's true that it does bare a striking resemblance to the Dark Pulse animation from GenIV, one mustn't forget that the screeny in question is a Beta shot for a new generation of games. It may be Dark Pulse, but it's also possible that it's a completely different attack with a similar animation, or maybe even some kind of new PokeBall release animation.
    Or it might not be used at all.

    FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

  7. #7
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Well, in the new trailer for the Zoroark movie, Zoroark uses an attack that looks similar to that. If Zoroark can indeed use Dark Pulse, then at least it seems Lucario is getting a Special counterpart (that it has a type advantage over...)

  8. #8
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,172
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Well, in the new trailer for the Zoroark movie, Zoroark uses an attack that looks similar to that. If Zoroark can indeed use Dark Pulse, then at least it seems Lucario is getting a Special counterpart (that it has a type advantage over...)
    It's probably not Dark Pulse. As the animation was shown in a screenshot and the trailer, it'll probably be a new Zoroark signature move.

  9. #9
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    So, despite looking very much like the Gen IV animation of Dark Pulse, we are all in agreement that this is probably isn't Dark Pulse and is instead some random ball effect or a different move we know nothing about?

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  10. #10
    That Guy Rellik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,253
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    So, despite looking very much like the Gen IV animation of Dark Pulse, we are all in agreement that this might not be Dark Pulse and is instead some random ball effect or a different move we know nothing about?
    Fix'd. There's still the possibility that it actually is Dark Pulse.

  11. #11
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zorua View Post
    It's probably not Dark Pulse. As the animation was shown in a screenshot and the trailer, it'll probably be a new Zoroark signature move.
    I never did specifically say it was Dark Pulse, just that the attack in the trailer looked similar to the screenshots =3

  12. #12
    I Wobb You Sublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    A Dark-type Pokemon used a Dark-type Attack. Amazing...
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

  13. #13
    Fresh since '89 Ron ~ デリバード's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    82
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    looks like dark pulse

  14. #14
    Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,486
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: zoroark used dark pulse!

    Could be discussed in the thread talking about the images.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •