Your "YES!" moments - Page 14
Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Your "YES!" moments

Default Re: Your "YES!" moments

- Emerald Version
    - Fight against Norman
    - Beat Spinda
    - Slaking kills everyone but Pelliper
    - Spend like 10 minutes alternating between Supersonic, Protect, and Wing Attack (on the rare occasion that I got to) and using it's every
    other turn disadvantage to heal when necessary
    - Have to repeat and perform extremely risky set of turns to heal AND restore HP on Protect, only being saved by the confusion on Slaking
    - Finally beat it, after reducing its health twice (he healed)
    - Vigoroth
    - Perform same technique, run out of healing items half way
    - Kill it, but not before Vigoroth reduces Pelliper to 2HP
    - Linoone
    - Pelliper uses Supersonic
    - Linoone uses Belly Drum, maxed attack
    - Pelliper uses Wing Attack, misses
    - Linoone hurt itself in confusion, maxed attack, knocks itself out

Literally just happened there now, and it was too awesome to not share

Beating Thorton wil only 1 hp on my last pokemon. *Phew!*

Platinum:
    Catching Giratina with a Dusk ball in no more than 3 throws. I had to do a double take when I heard the *click* of the pokeball.

SoulSilver:
    Catching Ho-Oh, level 70, with an Ultra ball, after about 6 or 7 throws.

I also remember playing Pokemon Crystal after it first came out, walking around in the grass outside the National Park, and running into a shiny Drowzee. So what if it's not one of my favorites, I was still bouncing off the walls over it. XD That was my first shiny.

Heres the story...
    I was doing an elite four run (advanced) in Heart Gold to train. I had left one of my three good leveled pokemon in my pc (my dragonite, the other two were lugia and mewtwo). I was fighting karen. I had them in the seventies. I couldn't beat her umbreon because lugia and mewtwo are psychic. I usually used dragonite to kill it. I got my first taste of challenge at spiritomb. Pain split was so annoying. When I was fighting the umbreon it used a bunch of curses and startded paybacking. It quickly killed everything except my lugia. I had weakened it enoughso that two aeroblasts would kill it. It was about to kill lugia. I wanted to keep my undeafeted record (which I lost in the battle thing in viridian because I didn't bring my good stuff). I got a critical on the umbreon and killed it. My other moment was catching lugia pretty fast (I think less than ten ultra balls it was paralyzed and low hp).
    Heart Gold Friend Code:300940615878

Certified Renard fanboy Magnagarde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I took the Heartgold E4 over my knee recently. I took a long break from playing the actual game. I had mostly been breeding and grinding, and battling countless times in the Frontier for fun. My team was horribly underleveled for the task, but I decided to go for it.

Man, I must have been metagame conditioned or something, I raped them all. Even Lance, with his Lv75 dragons fell to my level 60s. No healing items, and I only used 4 pokes. IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER DONE. I was on the verge of tears.
    3DS FC: 2380-3776-6603

I beat a guy a guy who was a self-proclaimed professional at the game. (Apparently he get's paid to train other people's Pokemon.) He's also been in several tournaments to my understanding. I was quite proud when I got his last three Pokemon with my Weaville. Good times!

I was battling Karen's Umbreon today and we both had our health in the red zone. I thought I was going to fail but Ampharos used it's Quick Claw and landed a critical hit. Her Umbreon always gave me trouble so it was a pretty special moment.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JadeMare View Post
    Platinum:
    Catching Giratina with a Dusk ball in no more than 3 throws. I had to do a double take when I heard the *click* of the pokeball.
    Doesn't beat me catching Groudon in 2 balls, the first of which was a joke Levelball I threw for lulz. :P

It was also a Duskball that caught it, by the way.

SoulSilver:
    Catching Ho-Oh, level 70, with an Ultra ball, after about 6 or 7 throws.
    Happened to me, too. Except my Ho-Oh was both an easy-ass catch at 3 or so balls (no Dusk, as I don't catch stuff at night), and it had "Outstandin'!!" IVs. Now, if only I could trade/clone it on that clunky-ass Korean SS...

I also remember playing Pokemon Crystal after it first came out, walking around in the grass outside the National Park, and running into a shiny Drowzee. So what if it's not one of my favorites, I was still bouncing off the walls over it. XD That was my first shiny.
    Gah, you bring back painful experiences with that first shiny thing, man.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Gah...ignoring the previous post, finally caught the Heatran. I had been lazy to go to Stark Mountain... This is the last trip to that place!
    Used a lot of Ultra and Dusk Balls but thankfully a Timer Ball did the job. Phew.

Wings were invented here. You're welcome xD.

This just happened! I couldn't believe it!

Ok, so for months now I've had Platinum, stuck at Byron's gym, pretty under-leveled. By now I've pretty much given up all hope of beating Platinum without a miracle. Well that miracle comes in the form of my Level 30 Staravia and my level 32 Psyduck. Before this I never tried using my Staravia as anything more than a chance to heal (at this gym), as I figured he would stand no chance. But then I learned that Byron's Bastiodon's attacks did NOTHING against him, they literally took off one HP (luckily he never used Stone Edge against him) and this was always later healed by his shell bell. So I'm patiently using fly even though the damage its doing is not noticable until about four or five consecutive attacks. Fly runs out of PP. I start using Wing Attack, and it's the same situation as fly. I'm waiting to use Psyduck's brine as Bastiodon's defense is already as high as it can go. I finally take a chance and take out Psyduck, at this point if I've misjudged anything I'm done for- the best chance of continuing this game I've had in a looong time over. Psyduck used brine. BASTIODON IS DOWN!

/longparagraph xD

I will never again doubt having a Psyduck in my team. She's earned her place <3.

beating Whitney's Miltank with notch-eared Pichu
    beating all of Clair's team with a lv. 40 Pikachu (no light ball btw)
    beating Lance with a Ditto
    randomly encountering & capturing a shiny Swablu in Platinum
    Capturing Giratnina in a great ball at full HP

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fighting Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo in HG, and ending up catching all of them in a Poke Ball/Premier Ball. Especially after running through lots of Ultra and Dusk Balls.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

sadly ive never had a surprising "yes" moment... BUT the greatest thing i have ever seen is my little bro's umbreon somehow beat the leader of mount battle in colosseum. he was down to nothing but umbreon.(the rest of his team lost to the guys earthquake technique.) but some how using bite he got all the way down to gyaridos. it was the moment of truth... gyaridos went for hyper beam and umbreon used bite. red health for umbreon. on the re-charge turn he used moonlight to heal then repeated the cycle until he was left with nothing but an umbreon in critical condition and the most epic win i have ever seen in my time of playing pokemon. THUMBS UP FOR ALEX!

PS GO HOUNDOOM AND UMBREON. WE WILL RESCUE YOU FROM THE EVIL CLUTCHES OF THE GAMECUBE!
    Last edited by Fleeg; 17th November 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Caught Mesprit in Pearl, after enduring a few hardships (running away after making my Pokemon that knew Mean Look (a Golbat named Cyrus, caught specifically for this purpose), making it go to critical health, then having her warp to Snowpoint and die because of Hail enc) at my FAVORITE ROUTE none the less! (Route 209, awesome music!)

Catching a shiny Caterpie while looking for a Pikachu. I screamed "YESSS!" just because I heard that sparkling noise that goes with it.

...And catching a Groudon with a single Poké Ball. Just a regular Poké Ball. At first, I was like "Whut?" and then I was all "YEAAAHHH!"
    Every Villain Is Lemons.

Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast