Your "YES!" moments - Page 11

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: Your "YES!" moments

Default Re: Your "YES!" moments

My latest "YES!" moment was on Tuesday.

I was playing my SoulSilver version and I encountered Raikou again. Even though its HP was down to a sliver and it was paralyzed, I had been never able to catch it... even after 12934761 times of trying.

Anyway, my friends were present as I was playing. I showed my game to my friend, Kaysi and I was like, "Lol hey Kaysi, watch me not catch Raikou despite how WEAK it is. Herp a derp."

So I threw a Quick Ball at Raikou. Kaysi and I watched the ball wobble. I kept saying it was gonna break out, like usual. But then.... it didn't. Three shakes. Then stars.
    ...I had finally caught it.

I freaking threw my DS on the table and yelled "YESSSSSS!" loudly, and a few people looked at me funny. Then I proceeded to tell everyone who would listen that I finally caught Raikou. <.<

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phailure123 View Post
    My latest "YES!" moment was on Tuesday.

I was playing my SoulSilver version and I encountered Raikou again. Even though its HP was down to a sliver and it was paralyzed, I had been never able to catch it... even after 12934761 times of trying.

Anyway, my friends were present as I was playing. I showed my game to my friend, Kaysi and I was like, "Lol hey Kaysi, watch me not catch Raikou despite how WEAK it is. Herp a derp."

So I threw a Quick Ball at Raikou. Kaysi and I watched the ball wobble. I kept saying it was gonna break out, like usual. But then.... it didn't. Three shakes. Then stars.
    ...I had finally caught it.

I freaking threw my DS on the table and yelled "YESSSSSS!" loudly, and a few people looked at me funny. Then I proceeded to tell everyone who would listen that I finally caught Raikou. <.<
    Funny, my 'YES' moment is about catching Raikou, too. It was down to little HP and paralyzed, and I used Mean Look before it could run.
    In my third try I caught it with a Dusk Ball. "FINALLY YES!!"
    Compared to other Legendary captures, third try was really a record...for me (yeah, I am usually unlucky)! ^^

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Well, my "YES!" moment was when I was playing Firered (few years back), and was at the Elite Four. I always lost against Gary, the champion. So when I finally beat that guy, I think I ran around the house jumping and shouting "YES!"..

Being 11 years old at the time, yeah, that was a pretty great moment.

Blog Entries

When I finally beat Morty using my Skiploom in Crystal. I was in fifth grade at the time, so... nine years ago. Back then, I trained based on what was cute and didn't really understand the concept of stats/what was weak and what wasn't.

Unfortunately, I threw my Gameboy into the air from happiness, which destroyed the save file and brought me back to Azalea.
    <_<
    Thankfully, the Gameboy itself was still in working condition.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries
    Follow M the Gate On Twitter

Mine was on Friday- I was chasing the legendary beasts in SS (AKA Entei and Raikou) I managed to catch Entei after a while, but Raikou was harder. I tried, like, a MILLION Ultra balls on that thing, having had Haunter use Mean Look, then Hypnosis a bunch of times. I knew that Raikou was going to wake up soon, so I threw a Great ball for no reason.

IT CAUGHT IT. >_>

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Lol, Entei was the easiest catch for me, and it was the Greatball that caught it (in Gold). Suicune was a bit more of a pain since it's not stationary on that game (not that Entei was particularly simple a catch), but Raikou... oh my GOD, that bitch ate up about 30 minutes of straight-on game time (not counting the resets!) just to nab 'im after I'd caught the other two. V_v

Damn brat saving after wasting the Masterball...

Maybe not in game, but I was looking in various used games places for Gen III games (since I couldn't get them at the time and it would be easier to obtain certain Pokemon than it is in Gen IV), nearly gave up. Last one I checked for the day since I had a massive headache coming on had Pokemon Emerald going for cheap. Bought it, fully expected for the game to maybe be at just past the first gym or something, but that didn't matter since I was gonna restart it anyway. Thankfully, I was wrong.

The game not only had the three Regis, it had the Legendary Birds, Weather Trio, a Latias, a Mewtwo, a Pikachu with a Light Ball, a Salemance, two Hoenn and a Johto starter, several fossils that I hadn't been able to get, and about a dozen other Pokemon I was missing.

It was good enough justify a 'Yes!', though maybe more of a evil triumphant "Yeeeeeeessss!!!" than a jubilant 'Yes!".
    Diamond- 0818 7308 8337
    HeartGold- 1377 0765 9785
    Black- 0389 8977 5905
    White- 2365 6140 8548

My "YES!" moment was when I caught a Shiny Electrike an hour ago =)
    yeah.

Every time I finally hatch a great egg after hours of cycling around. Most recent was at like 1 am this morning when I hatched an "Outstanding" Modest Drifloon with perfect HP and Special Attack =)
    Heart Gold Friend Code: 4340-5634-3185

I have turned away from you and I am Godless / A wasteland of poison, a hidden fortress
    I have blackened out the stars and hidden frequencies / I have silenced all the waves and forbidden secrecies

when a shiny aipom appeared! no joke! i ran around the house screaming "yes! yes!" but then i accidentally killed it, and then i was like "noooooooo!"
    3 Best Pokemon:

1. Piplup
    2. Aipom
    3. Marshtomp

Blog Entries

After 1 month of hatching 5 boxes of 30 eggs per day, I have finall y hatched a shiny Gastly! My shining Soulsilver team is all ready

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

My latest 'YES!' moment was when my Ivysaur launched a Zap Cannon at a Golbat...that is one cool looking move.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    Every time I finally hatch a great egg after hours of cycling around. Most recent was at like 1 am this morning when I hatched an "Outstanding" Modest Drifloon with perfect HP and Special Attack =)
    Hey, at least you can trade the good Pokemon you acquire or hatch. I have a Cyndaquil with 3 perfect IVs amongst great stats overall (alongside its brother, who has 2 perfect IVs), and I can't go near the GTS because my Wifi never works.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

The time I encountered and caught my shiny Oddish in Sapphire.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I discovered that my Jolteon in SS had a Grass-type Hidden Power with 67 base power. Since then, no Water Pokémon was able to even touch it (lol Quagsire). Not even Red's Blastoise.

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast