Your "What the....?" moments! - Page 5

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Your "What the....?" moments!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your "What the....?" moments!

Last night: Shiny Golurk number one--Yay! Trade.
    Shiny Golurk number two--Yay! Trade.
    Shiny Golurk number three--What, again?! Okay. Trade.
    This morning: Shiny Golurk number four--Um, wut...? Trade anyway.

Seriously, four shinies on the GTS; the first three spotted within thirty minutes of each other. And I wonder why I'm running out of box room.
    Berrenta and Owain like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Well, I've got one.

When I first played crystal version (so many years ago...), I got an Eevee in Goldenrod and whatnot and so as I'm battling Morty in Ecruteak, I'm thinking, "Oh, I'll send Eevee out first to get experience from the gym leader and then switch him out with a different one immediately." This after I'd already beaten his Gastly. Good plan, right?

Oh god...

I sent Eevee out, thinking I'd switch him in the next turn, but his Haunter uses Mean Look and my Eevee is trapped. So I'm freaked out, since Eevee has all normal type attacks and nothing can hit the Haunter and I don't want it to die (I want the tasty exp!) So frantically I use Sand-Attack and Growl over and over (stupid, why?), lowering the Haunter's accuracy to the point that it can't touch me, and even if it did it would do like zero damage. But I can't touch it either, so we are at an impasse for like an hour, my Eevee using up all its attacks that don't effect the Haunter anyway, and the Haunter unable to hit me with anything because it's accuracy is non-existent. Finally I can tell the game was just like, "Oh fuck this shit..." because suddenly the Haunter's Accuracy and Hit miraculously recovers within the space of a few attacks and now all of a sudden it can hit my Eevee and it manages to whittle down its hp and eventually kill it. I don't even remember what it used to do it. Mimic maybe. I don't know...

Then I slaughtered it with something else. I think my Quilava. Vengeance!

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I was on GTS negotiation

I finally met someone who wasn't too picky. In fact, the other player wanted to trade their Flareon for my Jolteon.

...lol?

Pokemon Master's Degree! Pikmin1211's Avatar

Any time I watch the anime and Pikachu defeats another Pokemon.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/lucario - Smogon on Lucario
    http://www.mcleodgaming.com/viewflash.php?id=6&type=game - Click here if you like SSB!
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby - Click here if you like competitive Pokemon!

Visit Water-noctowl's Youtube Channel

When the only trade offer for a pokemon is somebody wants a level 9 or under Reshiram/ Zekrom
    If you believe in the flying spaghetti monster post this in your sig. Don't just ignore this because he says if you deny me I will deny you in front of the beer volcano.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I was in a hurry to get from Route 22 to Humilau City Pokemon Center as my only surviving pokemon was on low health and I didn't have anyone with Fly. So I biked too hard and zoomed straight into the Jellicent picture stand and my face got stuck in the pink Jellicent picture.

Suddenly, Marlon appeared out of nowhere and went and stood at the blue Jellicent picture and a cameramen took our picture.

...wut

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

My encounter with the person in Udella Town at Summer who yells "THE SEA!!!" (BW) and "UNDELLA!!!" (BW2) and just imagining what would happen if I came across that person one day on the beach.
    "THE SEA!!!" "Call 911, there's a madman on the beach!"
    3DS FC: 1547-5466-8771
    Never stop dreaming

Avatar by EVsaur EVsaur's Art Shop

Buying a used copy of Red from some game store (which was weird in and of itself, since this was fairly recent and I didn't think game stores still bought and sold GBC games...), doing the MissingNo glitch, and catching a lv 180 Rapidash. What.

Oh, and riding the Ferris wheel with N for the first time. I just...I can't...gah. So strange.
    Last edited by GuriBuru; 1st February 2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Editing is cool

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

After hatching a few eggs in front of the Day-Care, I rode my bike back to Striaton City... and Stunfisks were everywhere.

wut XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Was trying to get a female Delcatty so I can breed to get a Skitty for the dex (i know there's a such thing as a Ditto, but this is easier). Offered a Dream Radar 'mon followed by another, with no success. Since I have a DWF Skitty on Black 1, I was going to evolve it but I had no Moon Stone. Ended up trading a Lopunny carrying a Moon Stone from Black 2 so I can evolve her. I then evolved that Skitty with the transferred Moon Stone. When looking for my Black 2's offer of a Dream Radar Swablu, I was unable to find it in a sea of offers. Switched to Black 2, and seeing no one got it, I decided to take it back and offer a male Gorebyss instead. Switched back to Black 1 to complete the offer...

And this is where the WTF kicks in: Turns out that Gorebyss was intercepted before I got my Black 1 characcter to the GTS station. Wasted that transferred Moon Stone for nothing, but hey, at least I have a Delcatty on Black 2 now!

And in case you were wondering, I only have 1 DS system, so GTS Negotiations/Infrared trading cannot be done... and I don't want to have to buy another system just for this.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    After hatching a few eggs in front of the Day-Care, I rode my bike back to Striaton City... and Stunfisks were everywhere.

wut XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    This. Oh dear heavens, this.

I fly to Striaton and head outside the city...Suddenly, Derpfish. Derpfish everywhere. Weirdest thing I had ever seen.
    metalamor and ShinyHunterDawn like this.

Team Battle Maison
    GPX+

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got via GTS a Ditto whose OT ID was... 66.

Yes, 00066.

I checked legality, nothing wrong here. A normal IV spread (actually kinda low), caught in Giant Chasm at a legit level with a Repeat Ball, no DW, still holding its Quick Powder. Just someone, somewhere in the world, started his White 2 normally and he got this trainer ID.

Well, the chance of getting an ID under 100 is 1 of each 655 aprox., and there are millions of players, not counting multiple versions played for a same person. So there should be thousands of legit Pokémon out there with similar OT IDs. But still amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrenta View Post
    And in case you were wondering, I only have 1 DS system, so GTS Negotiations/Infrared trading cannot be done... and I don't want to have to buy another system just for this.
    And that's why I always use rodents for self-trades between cartridges. No matter it takes longer, nobody will give me Olympus Mons for a Patrat.
    Yato and Owain like this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

I was in a hurry to get from Route 22 to Humilau City Pokemon Center as my only surviving pokemon was on low health and I didn't have anyone with Fly. So I biked too hard and zoomed straight into the Jellicent picture stand and my face got stuck in the pink Jellicent picture.

Suddenly, Marlon appeared out of nowhere and went and stood at the blue Jellicent picture and a cameramen took our picture.

...wut
    Had that happen, then I had a picture snapped with a Gothitelle of all things. That made me mumble, "What just happened?"
    ShinyHunterDawn likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    GPX+

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post

...wut
    Had that happen, then I had a picture snapped with a Gothitelle of all things. That made me mumble, "What just happened?"

I just checked the easter egg and I got the photo with a Gothorita (not Gothitelle, based on its cry). Are you (both Silverwynde and Dark Blueberry) using a male or female player? Maybe depends of it. Because a photo of my player with Marlon would be specially weird...

EDIT: And then the Medal stalker guy gave me a medal for the photo.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I just checked the easter egg and I got the photo with a Gothorita (not Gothitelle, based on its cry). Are you (both Silverwynde and Dark Blueberry) using a male or female player? Maybe depends of it. Because a photo of my player with Marlon would be specially weird...

EDIT: And then the Medal stalker guy gave me a medal for the photo.
    I actually had Gothorita one time and Marlon another time, so it's completely random.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast