Your "What the....?" moments! - Page 11

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Your "What the....?" moments!

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Your "What the....?" moments!

My egg hatched before the message on the status screen told me it was close to hatching. I didn't realize that Flame Body made it hatch earlier, not faster.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

When I was just on the Bulbapedia page for Cheren, and realized... His elemental monkey in BW is different than in BW memory link... like, why the-? I chose Snivy in Black, and so Cheren had a Simisage. Why, then, would he have a Simipour 2 years later? I mean, Bianca has the same monkey. I think what confuses me more is WHY this whole thing is confusing me so much!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

In Silver, I tried to attack Sudowoodo with my Quilava and its Fire type attacks weren't effective when I thought it was a Grass type.

The Legendary Beasts still being able to run away even when they were asleep

In Crystal, after trying multiple Great and Ultra Balls, I caught a Suicune with a Pokeball.

In B2/W2, I thought that I encountered a Shiny Pokemon, but then when I caught it, it was actually one of N's Pokemon.

Ghetsis trying to kill me with Kyurem and then having a complete breakdown after he was defeated really surprised me too.

Blog Entries

So I'm derping around Humilau and do the face board thing again...and get a pic taken with Marlon. My reaction--"That was kinda weird." (-_-;)
    Yato likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

finding a patch of grass that doesn't contain any pokemon on Floccesy Ranch.
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Running into Cheren at the Ferris Wheel after he visited my Avenue. On the same day. He sure loves his summer breaks, lol.

Finding out that the only move Tynamo can learn that isn't by levelling up is Magnet Rise... and its Ability is Levitate...
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

Finding out Cheren does not wear his glasses in B2W2, and then finding out that Bianca wears glasses similar to Cheren's in B2W2 too.

Da hell?

Oh, and up until B2W2, I always thought fire was super effective against electric. And it always was super effective against electric. But Bulbapedia says that it's not, so I guess it's not.

...Right?

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Blog Entries

Let's see... probably my most recent "What the...?" moment was playing one of my Platinums with my "story" team (meaning the fanfiction I was writing before a major case writer's block and life got in the way). I was in the Great Marsh, trying to catch a Yanma and Carnivine (it was their day that day), using the "stand still while gently taping the control pad in various directions to fake movement" strategy (so not to use up my "time"). The first Mon was Yanma. Tried Mud first. It stayed. Then threw Ball. Burst out. Fled. Next encounter was Carnivine. Lather, rinse, repeat. About 30 minutes later, now down to just 3 Marsh Balls (and temper rising), I ran into a Shiny (yes, Shiny) Carnivine. I was certain this would run, so I halfheartedly threw a Marsh Ball, closed my eyes, and muttered to myself.

Wobble... wobble... Click.

I was in a total state of disbelief. I was like, "Did that just happen, or is my game playing tricks on me?"

A moment later, ran into a Yanma. Threw the ball again. Burst out, ran away. As I was about to give up, on the last patch, found one last Yanma. Giving up again, just threw the ball to waste my last Marsh Ball, and sighed in defeat.

Wobble... Wobble... Click.

o_O Twice now!? Giving up actually allowed me to catch a really great Yanma AND a Shiny Carnivine!? Since when did giving up actually have a reward?! I nearly dropped my DS in total shock.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

In Black2 I got to the bridge approaching Chargestone Cave and this Cobalion jumped at me, shrieked, and hopped the other direction. I was like WTH.
    Nidokingdom likes this.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

I was surprised when fighting in the Pokemon League (black version 2), when the enemy suddenly got burned. I was mostly mashing buttons, so I missed the text. I have no idea what happened.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I was utterly dumbfounded when a Clefable I burned didn't receive burn damage - it was before I knew of its ability

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

This thread needs a major bump. :O Hopefully I can still post...
    Anyways, so today I was playing on my Leafgreen, trying to find Four Island so I could go breed my female Joleton and such there (since that daycare lets two pokemon be together), and while I was running in some grass, out pops a wild female Rapidash! So I catch it and put it in my party.
    I go back to the same spot again, and out pops ANOTHER wild Rapidash, but he was male! I catch him, overly excited. I go to the PC and compare my two rapidash's, and find that...
    -They're both the same level.
    -They both have the same nature. (Both were Serious.)
    Unfortunately, that's where the similarities ended. DX. But I was still stunned. I had something similar happened to me a few months back like this, except with two Drifiblim in Black 2, and i just thought it was weird that it had happened again! xD.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)

Blog Entries

I'm battling Cheren in the PWT and I go up against his Watchog. The darned thing uses Attract. Who do I have on the field? My Golurk. Yeah, Attract won't work on the big lug, Cheren. -_-;

Then there was the "magic" grassy area near Lacunosa Town. For an hour, I ran around in that area and everything I encountered was female...including the three Combees I found and caught. Talk about strange.
    Jenneta and Shadow Raikou like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

The moment I realized Victreebel can't learn Poison Jab by any means. Like, what the heck?!

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

After spending days getting my Magby to full friendship and then finding out it evolves by leveling up.
    Yato and Silverwynde like this.

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast