Your Pokemon's nicknames - Page 2

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Your Pokemon's nicknames

Default Re: Your Pokemon's nicknames

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Not sure about my actual team yet, but if I get X, I'm naming Xerneas, "Xodia" and if I get Y, I'm naming Yveltal, "Yami".
    You should name the third legendary Melvin. Just saying ;p
    Team Gaara likes this.

Blog Entries

Haven't really thought of nicknames yet, I suppose I might as well. Team plans (so far), also I like to always have close to 6 pokemon so in-between coming upon them I'll have interrum members:

#1: Fennekin (Fire ->Fire/Psychic?) - I kind of want to know what its evo looks like before I name it, but I'm thinking Sahara (F) or Mohave (M). Something desert related.

#2: Flabebe (Fairy) or Spritzee (Fairy) - I think I'll start out with one and then switch for the other later in the game, depending on which I run into first. For Flabebe, maybe Delilah(F) or Dahlia(F), not sure about male name. For Spritzee, Flamenco or Fandango (M) are contenders, also Fuchsia (F) and Festoon (F).

#3: Helioptile (Normal/Electric) - Not sure yet. I'm sure I'll think of something good by the time I get it. Maybe Solara (F) or Sol (M). But, you know, better. I'll think of something. I want it to be sort of cute-sounding and related to the sun.

#4: Orotto (Grass/???) - Apparently this is a creepy dead spider tree pokemon that might be dark/grass or ghost grass, therefore it's on my f*cking team no matter what, because that is awesome. No idea about names yet.

# 5: Honedge (Steel/Ghost) - Pretty sure this is going to be genderless. A sword-related name like Gladius, Spatha, Zatzbalger or Zweihander is definitive.

#6: Fletchling(Fire/Flying), later to be traded for Noivern (Dragon/Flying) or it's prevo, when I run into it. Again, no idea about names. For Fletchling, maybe something related to the color red, Scarlet(F) or Crimson(M), maybe? Noivern, something cool-sounding and gothic, like Grotesque or Gargoyle (M), or Phantasmagoria (F) if it will fit.

Hmm, if Fairy doesn't turn out SE against Dark, then I think I need a bug or fighting type on my team. With two Ghosts, a Dark type will wreck me at this point. Maybe pick up a water type, if I come upon a good one, new pokemon or not.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

My plan at this stage is to give them all human names that start with the same letter as the Pokémon's name. I did that in White 2 with the final stage's name (ie. Soren for Serperior Amelia for Ampharos, Makoto for Magnezone, etc.).

However, since only a few 'mons have been revealed, I will settle for the base stage's names. For example, my Froakie shall be named François (or Françoise if female). I'll name the others as I capture them.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I probably won't name anything for the first few playthroughs so I can learn the names. I've given up on learning a lot of town names by this point, but the actual pokemon names I still need to know. And when I do nickname, I like it to be impulsive, and not put too much thought into it. Keep them fun.

I'll only be going with my starter for a nickname definitely, and I'm waiting on the evolutions to be revealed so I can better pick one, like I did with Chimchar (Inferno) and Tepig (Torch Hog). Others will depend on when I get them.

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be naming pokemon for both of the games, as I get them , as a spur of the moment thing.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm naming my Fletchling/Talonflame "Songbird", after the character in Bioshock Infinite. Then I might name my Fennekin "Booker", also after a Bioshock Infinite character. If I ever get a Sylveon (which I'm hoping will be male), I'll name him Louis.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Gonna name them all names derived from French artists.
    Cabecote likes this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

What I do is play the first games of the generation, learn the Pokemon, then when the third or sequels come out I start giving them funny nicknames. Except the starter. And legendary.

I wanna make mine more of a in the moment decision, but I've already thought of a few that I'll probably use. Possibly Flint for Fletchling because flint was a common stone used for arrowheads by Native Americans and Fletchling is based on an arrow. Plus, Flint was a Fire type user in Sinnoh, for good measure. So Flint is almost certain for Fletchling.

Honedge will probably be a sword based nickname. Dunno what though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I wanna make mine more of a in the moment decision, but I've already thought of a few that I'll probably use. Possibly Flint for Fletchling because flint was a common stone used for arrowheads by Native Americans and Fletchling is based on an arrow. Plus, Flint was a Fire type user in Sinnoh, for good measure. So Flint is almost certain for Fletchling.

Honedge will probably be a sword based nickname. Dunno what though.
    If it'll fit, how about Death Sword, based on the Arbiter's Grounds mini-boss in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess? Both are a sword haunted by the spirit of the previous owner (from what I've seen about Honedge and the bit of info I saw about Death Sword on Zelda Wiki), so it fits like, excuse the pun, a sword in a sheath.
    The_Doctor likes this.

In my most recent play throughs of LeafGreen, Emerald, and Platinum, I named my Pokemon after Star Wars characters, random anime characters, and Smite gods respectively, but for X or Y I will probably just make bad puns since I can't think of anything better at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Not sure about my actual team yet, but if I get X, I'm naming Xerneas, "Xodia" and if I get Y, I'm naming Yveltal, "Yami".
    You should name the third legendary Melvin. Just saying ;p
    ^^Please let that be a Yugioh Abridged reference, or I am going to feel quite foolish.
    Team Gaara and Ninja-Mage like this.
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

Blog Entries

I like to playthrough first, usually pretty blind (I mean, I know the Pokemon but I won't go looking up locations or plot details). So no nicknames until I get used to their names. Then I do a second/main playthrough where I do search for specific things with nicknames, usually punny or just names I like.

Swirlix will be Fluffpuff just because. All dragons shall fear Fluffpuff.

Blog Entries

I don't nickname much, but because I like Monorpale, Fennekin, Noivern and Talonflame so much, I'm thinking of nicknaming them 'Excalibur', 'Mozilla', 'Gigahertz' and 'Vulcan', respectively.
    8ther likes this.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Follow Argylegasm On Twitter

I usually name my team after various off-the-beaten-path dieties or historical figures, except my Magmortar, who is Urusai (Japanese for annoying and other concepts around it, I fail at trasnlating that word). He just wouldn't stay in a Great Ball when I was getting him as a Magby. My Lucario is Enos, Vaporeon is Nodens (an old Celtic water god), Arminius is my Gallade (some gladiator who was famous but no one cares about him now like they do Spartacus)

I haven't really formulated a team yet for X, though Xerneas is a legendary I would actually use. Maybe I'll start using the names of the fairies in a Midsummer Night's Dream...
    Safari: Dragon | Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
    Pokémon X | FC: 4871-3955-6532 | Name: Brandon
    Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast