Your Pokemon's nicknames

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Your Pokemon's nicknames

Blog Entries

Default Your Pokemon's nicknames

So I already have an idea of what my team is going to look like and so now I'm thinking about nicknames for each of them. Since I'm still currently obsessed with Animal Crossing New Leaf, I'm naming each one after villagers. So far, I got Chester the Pancham, Zell the Gogoat, and Apollo or Sterling (haven't decided yet) the Talonflame.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Pokemon's nicknames

I've been thinking a bit about this, as well as setting up a possible team at the same time. Part of the new info did disable one piece of my plans, but I'll figure something out. Anyway, this is what I've been working on for Pokemon Y Team:

Fennekin: Firestorm (male), Rouge (female)
    Noivern: Nightwave (male/female)
    Gogoat: Cliff (male, because of mountain goats), Meadow (female)
    Honedge: Halloedge (male/female, may change later)
    Pancham: Knuckles (male), (can't think of a female name right now)

I would put Clauncher in this group, but I can't get it through normal Y gameplay, so the Water-type is up in the air right now... as always.

That would sum things up atm. May change them a bit when we get closer to the game's release.

EDIT: I have a few small changes to my nickname list. For starters, I might change my Fennekin's female name from Rouge to Nina, especially because of my recent diverging back into my favorite game series, Breath of Fire. It's new evolution gives me sort of a spellcaster/mage vibe (yes, I know, it's technically based off a witch, but that's a spellcaster, right?), so if I get a female, she'll be known as Nina. Also, a female Gogoat would be Treeflower instead of Meadow (though I'm leaning more toward a male anyway, but we'll see).
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 11th September 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Nickname update
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Dex

I have to name mine in the moment, it just feels more authentic that way.

My usual naming techniques:

1. Attempt to think of a cool name that combines a real name with the pokemon's species or with a trait. ex. Iceabella (though I admittedly can't take credit for that one, it's the best I've ever seen).
    2. Name it a made up word constructed by arranging random syllables that vaguely sound like the pokemon's species (or sometimes even doesn't sound similar). ex. Lirraw, my Mawile, or Aban, my beloved Absol.
    3. Name it a descriptive name. ex. Snowy for a Glaceon (no, I have not done one this boring, but I can't name an example now.
    4. Name it something nature-y. ex. River
    5. Name it after something from pop culture (particularly movies, TV, music), particularly Star Trek lately. ex. Mr. Scott, my Whimsicott, or Q the Kyrem. (just had a thought, I need to name some rock type "Party Rock")
    6. Give it a regular name, or name it some word (that doesn't have a particular meaning). ex. Iota, my Gigalith.
    7. Name it a word that sounds similar or fitting for the pokemon's species. ex. Skittles the Squirtle.
    8. Name it the first random thing to pop into my head. Notable are Tired, the Deerling I caught at 3:50 AM; NOT ARCHEN, the Roselia I hatched after getting eggs mixed up; and Raaawwr!!! the Snivy.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

I'll be calling my Honedge Hexcalibur. Other than that I haven't thought too much about it. I was going to start with Froakie named Francois, but now I'm thinking I want either a Clauncher/Skrelp.

GF PLEASE TELL ME THE EVOLUTIONS AND STATS NAOOOO!!!!
    NoirGrimoir and IS1296 like this.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

I don't plan on nicknaming my Pokémon in my first playthrough. It makes remembering their species names much more difficult.
    Mokoniki and davi like this.

Oh i thought I was the only person who nick names. This makes me happy to see others still do other then young kids. I was at a league play and got questioned why I nick named so often... My pokemanz are friends, friends deserve names... I'm not weird D:

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I always nickname my Pokemon. Usually names that go with their actual name. Not always though.

I don't have any planned yet though.
    NoirGrimoir likes this.

Blog Entries

Chespin: ?
    Karamanero: Cthulhu
    Honedge: Muramasa
    Goronda: JoJo or Jotaro Kujo
    Shushupu: Doctorine
    Noivern: Tsepeshu
    Skrelp: Albafica

Lastly, if I ever pick a Fennekin, I am certainly naming it "Isabelle". I am yet to decide which Pokémon I am gonna choose for my team, actually. :c

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not sure about my actual team yet, but if I get X, I'm naming Xerneas, "Xodia" and if I get Y, I'm naming Yveltal, "Yami".
    Ninja-Mage likes this.

Blog Entries

No idea, but I'll probably name my starter "Origin" by tradition.

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm pretty sure that I will be naming my pokes as I receive them. As for my starter, fennikin I'm thinking vulpix to be funny or fenny. Something like that.

I think I will nick name froakie ben and call Xeneras Draco.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I once had a list of nicknames I would use for future Pokemon, but for the 6th gen, I feel that it would be more endearing to name the Pokemon in the moment. It's similar to seeing something and saying oh, you look like you're a ____ or I'm thinking about / listening to ____ right now, so that's your name. :D
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

I'll stick with tradition and name my team members after geographic landforms or regions/countries based on their appearance types or abilities. Maybe I'll do tematic run using Asiatic or my own country elements, not sure yet.

Blog Entries

“The evolved form of Inkay, Malamar wields some of the strongest hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and can make its opponents bend to its will.”

Oh I am definitely naming mine Sovereign. It's just too perfect.
    Fenrisson likes this.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast