Your Passerby Experiences - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your Passerby Experiences

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Passerby Experiences

Remember the Victini guy I talked about before? Well now he's back with his Wishcash nicknamed, "Diancie plz". I show him mine. He then shows me his Skorupi and Foongus, named "YES" and "PLEASE!", respectively. He then goes through a bunch of Legendary Pokemon as I show him my Swirlix named "NO THANK YOU" or "ALREADY HAVE" each time. Every so often he show me his "PLEASE!" and then shows the same damn Legendaries I already told him I had! Even after I show him my "NO TRADE" Swirlix and quit, this guy just keeps asking for trades and showing me the Wishcash over and over again! It even got to him eventually showing me "MELOETTA" the Bidoof. I show him mine. Cycle repeats. I know I could just ignore him, but it has almost become amusing that he doesn't seem to be getting it. Or at least, why not use the Shout-Out feature to try to communicate something?!

Also, not really a Passerby experience, but it was a PSS one. Some guy shows me his Carbink...named "U+me=se-x".

Professional Troublemaker Lunacy Fringe's Avatar
    Follow Lunacy Fringe On Twitter

I keep getting trade requests where they start off showing me three or four legendaries. and when I show them several in return, they offer me Talonflames or Klefkis. Mind you, I had quite a few pleasant trades. Mostly Kalos starters for previous gen starters.

As for battles, OOH BOY. The amount of people spamming all-starter teams or all Legendary teams is incredible. Then one time I battled this guy who had a Magikarp in his party and for some reason sent it into battle. After I took out the rest of his team, I toyed around with the magikarp for a bit.
    Friend Code: 3067-5751-5572
    Trainer Name: Brennan
    Friend Safari: Ice -Delibird, Bergmite, Cloyster.

Happy Holidays Everyone! aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter

A Magikarp? What was he thinking?

I've gone against more than enough all legend teams. Those are a pain, as are the people who feel the need to show off their "amazing" Pokemon.

My Pokémon Blog
    Claims: Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Arena), Sif (Dark Souls), Evoker (Persoma 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable), Greatsheild of Artorias (Dark Souls), Nightingale Bow (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Ok. Passerby experiences. Oh boy... To start, I see this one guy. On a whim, i trade with him. I see he offers a Shiny Latias. Oh, yes, please! I put up this shiny Ditto I got somewhere else. Then through some form of magic, the Latias "transforms" into a Corsola as I accept. He had already accepted with the Latias. I was so mad at this guy for doing that (I don't even know how he did that) and he toyed with one of my favorite legends too.
    But anyway, I'm trying out a new system. I'm training a team of all mono-types for each type and using them on 10 random passerby. I will calculate the best 6 teams and pick a good member from the top 6, one each, for a "Super-team" I am using FE pokemon only and no legends. No megas either unless all types have one(which I doubt). The point is to develop a team that's good against every other team.

Collecting Events shayminskyforme88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a really good experience with a passerby. Some random Japanese passerby asked me to trade, so I accepted. This was before Bank came out for English speaking countries. He showed me a Bank Celebi and I didn't know what to trade for it so I just offered this Rayquaza I got in the GTS and he accepted. It really made my day and I was happier than a kid getting his toy on Christmas.

Blog Entries

Yesterday I saw this guy asking offering Manaphy for Raikou. I had one, and I need Manaphy so I offered him a trade. That Manaphy was a Phione nicknamed Manaphy. I immediately disconnected the trade and just wondered how stupid he thought people were.

My Pokémon Blog
    Claims: Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Arena), Sif (Dark Souls), Evoker (Persoma 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable), Greatsheild of Artorias (Dark Souls), Nightingale Bow (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

So this passerby has some legendaries and I'm like "ooohhh I can shiny trade these" He says no (via Bunnelby for my offers) and I went even as far as to offer my shiny Mewtwo from Kanto. Then he shows an Arceus that's named "SHINYDIANCIE". Let's get that straight.
    An Arceus. Named SHINYDIANCIE. SHINYDIANCIE the Arceus. Needless to say, I left after that. He then shows like 20 Shiny Arceus named the same thing while I was waiting to DC. He has not stopped spamming me with trade requests for a week. Oh, and his name? SHINYDIANCIE. I am so done.

Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar

Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

A Passerby challenged me to a double battle a little while ago. He has a full team of legendaries, including a Diancie and a shiny Darkrai, which I'm guessing weren't legit. So of course, my team of OUs are opening up a can of whoopass until he's down to only his Diancie. I'm about to win the battle and he disconnects. What a jerk. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

It's probably not as intense or funny, but I once got challenged by an interesting passerby who nicknamed all his pokemons the same thing - Jamie or something, I think. I dunno why he did that, but it was pretty amusing.

Blog Entries

I've had many weird experiences. But most were annoying, like the people who show you loads of legends then when you offer shiny legends they put up some of their lvl 60-80 Pokemon... GAH! I have no idea what they're after but I don't care, I remove them from acquaintances if they waste my time. I did have one guy try and hook up with me via shout-outs so that was really weird. Jokes on him because I didn't even reply.

FC: 4725-8143-3936 IGN: Serenade
    Claims: Mega Gyarados, Noble Roar, Stance Change, King's Rock, Reshiram Doll

Can't say I've had any bad ones, as I've not really used it too much. While I did look for Haunter in the GTS(twice over, due to a restart), I was wanting to trade a Haunter for it, just so if the person offering the Haunter didn't have a Gangar yet. The second time was easier, given that the first time, I had to look in the GTS a few times.

I did have someone request a battle, and I accepted. Now, I know I had pokemon at that point(before my restart), that were around 60-70. I forget if if it was before or after the Pokemon League, though. Though the problem is this - I accepted, and when shown what I'd be facing, I was pretty much floored. Not sure of the pokemon or their levels, but most of them were 90+, maybe one or two being level 100. I went with it, and wanted to see if I could do it.

Could I? Nope. Did the whole battle too. I think the Reporter's comments when defeating her and her cameraman in gen 3, works to express what I felt. Ah, well.

Blog Entries

I just saw someone with the comment of "Fight me nerds!"
    All I can think is "you're playing too!"

My Pokémon Blog

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

These days, I really appreciate the help I'm getting on the PSS. Since I'm MM'ing for a shiny, I have my shout out sporting "Need Hatch Power" and someone gives me the Hatch O' Power at least once when I'm online.

Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar

Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

So, a Passerby challenged me to a double battle. He leads with a shiny Reshiram and a shiny Zekrom, which are definitely not legit. I go through with the battle anyways, he sweeps half my team, and then he just DCs. What?
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

My passerby exeperiences are mostly okay. I do get some people who ask for trades and then just show off their legendary collection, but they're rare. As for battles, my own message is "6v6 no ubers" and for the most part I rarely have to fight a full legendary team from people who challenge me, but it does happen.
    3DS friend code: 5172-1284-3972 IGN = Jack
    PM me with your own friend code and I'll add you back!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast