Your Opinion On "Cheaters" - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

Default Re: Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

I use AR to get Pokemon to breed.

However, I wonder about the mindset of most ppl...

PokeSav = The best thing on earth for WiFi battlers.
    Action Replay = OMG, it's so horrible.

Blog Entries

No offence, but I feel that cheating is shameful. I think it takes away the enjoyment of the Pokemon games.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Let cheaters be. They miss the joy.

I use Pokésav and similar, but just to see, not edit.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

Personally, I think hacking perfect IV's is just abominable. It's very difficult to stop it, too, since it is completely legal, albeit close to impossible. It makes me wonder what these jerks on Random Match are thinking..."If you want to stand a chance against us, use PokeSav or PokeGen and give your Pokemon 31 IV's in every stat." No morality whatsoever. It frustrates me that people are essentially forcing you to cheat to have fun with a highly anticipated feature.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

I think cheating was the funnest thing that happened to me. The Battle Frontier in Platinum was what made me snap, I guess one could say. After working hard and training as fairly as I could, reading up on EVERYTHING about breeding, EV-training, and so on, all my hard work would always be for naught because the Battle Frontier will ALWAYS make sure you lose. It's not fun for me to be frustrated because of one hax too many.

So when I started cheating, and took my first WonderEye and WonderTomb to the Battle Frontier, I was free. I was having fun again, and would never feel that horrible feeling of frustration again. That's what cheating is for me, it's fun. Nothing is more fun than cheating. I stand by those who cheat for fun. Indeed, people who cheat to be griefers are bad, but don't hate on the cheaters who do it for fun.
    Last edited by Faye Scarlet; 12th July 2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: whoa, grammar

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Personally, I think hacking perfect IV's is just abominable. It's very difficult to stop it, too, since it is completely legal, albeit close to impossible. It makes me wonder what these jerks on Random Match are thinking..."If you want to stand a chance against us, use PokeSav or PokeGen and give your Pokemon 31 IV's in every stat." No morality whatsoever. It frustrates me that people are essentially forcing you to cheat to have fun with a highly anticipated feature.
    I think the legal check prevents hacked mons from random matchup. I think majority of the mons you encountered must be RNG'ed and cloned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries
    Follow TeraDyne On Twitter Add TeraDyne on Facebook
    Visit TeraDyne's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    I think the legal check prevents hacked mons from random matchup. I think majority of the mons you encountered must be RNG'ed and cloned.
    It's rather trivial to have a PokeSav'd team brought into Random Match. That's the problem with checking for hacked Pokemon: it's difficult. People do everything to make sure they pass such checks. Heck, even if they had a checksum that was only triggered if the Pokemon was legit, people would find a way around it. The only way to stop hacks outright would be to riddle the game with DRM, and even that would likely fail. Such is the nature of technology.
    ~Virizion. Virizion. Rosy knight Virizion. Make the trouble go away, so that we may laugh and play.~
    Disclaimer: I play by VGC rules, don't EV train or care about IVs, use the Japanese names (and sometimes even terms), and I refuse to take part in drama.

is bafulous Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I personally don't cheat, but if someone wants to import an Arceus into their save, then they can do it. I don't really care if someone will cheat to get a Pokemon, but what does bother me is when people will trade poorly created hacks for legit Pokemon - that's not right. I feel sorry for the people getting an Ivysaur with Fire Blast and Thunder in exchange for a Machoke that they caught after a struggle with only 3 poke balls on hand.
    AS: Bellossom, Swampert, Machoke, Linoone
    OR: Torchic, Seedot, Poochyena

Personally I see nothing wrong with using an Action Replay or Pokemon Selector or whatever, if it's for yourself. I think it makes the game a bit more enjoyable when you have access to more pokemon (or more tms in previous gens) and it doesn't my game experience that one of my friend cheats. If however, you try to trade cheated pokemon to someone else for legit ones, I think it should be discouraged because it's not fair to trade its own personal hard work for a cheat.

Blog Entries

Follow Ennife on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FABuLUSH! View Post
    I personally don't cheat, but if someone wants to import an Arceus into their save, then they can do it. I don't really care if someone will cheat to get a Pokemon, but what does bother me is when people will trade poorly created hacks for legit Pokemon - that's not right. I feel sorry for the people getting an Ivysaur with Fire Blast and Thunder in exchange for a Machoke that they caught after a struggle with only 3 poke balls on hand.
    This exactly.

With that in mind, I do [personally] RNG my teams now. It's so much simpler than spending hundreds of hours breeding for the same monsters, it feels like cheating and I fully understand why some people view it as such. I'm careful to mention that it's been rng'ed when arranging the trade. I don't like being surprised by pokemon that have been hacked, pokesav'ed or have premier ribbons from pokecheck. If I wanted a hack, I would have asked for one. Don't knowingly pass them off on me.

edit: competitive battling bores me to tears, so I don't do it. I just use my team(s) in-game until I get bored of them. I'm attempting to play through with every species.
    Last edited by Ennife; 16th July 2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Black FC: 0003 2921 9951
    Platinum FC : 0389 5693 5042

September 9 ~ If we had an open trade or request before I went MIA, please PM me and I'd LOVE to work out the details again.
    Working on a Wishmaker Jirachi trade station (almost a giveaway) since I dug up my Bonus Disk, VM/PM me if you're interested.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Personally, I don't care. Just don't trade me any. And if you think RNG abuse is cheating, you're crazy! You're just setting a flippin' clock!

Blog Entries
    Follow TeraDyne On Twitter Add TeraDyne on Facebook
    Visit TeraDyne's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    Personally, I don't care. Just don't trade me any. And if you think RNG abuse is cheating, you're crazy! You're just setting a flippin' clock!
    I can honestly see why some people don't like RNG abuse, as it's technically abusing a feature of the game in a way that the game designers never intended. However, compared to outright using cheat devices, it's very tame. You actually have to do some work with RNG abuse, unlike with PokeSav and the like.
    ~Virizion. Virizion. Rosy knight Virizion. Make the trouble go away, so that we may laugh and play.~
    Disclaimer: I play by VGC rules, don't EV train or care about IVs, use the Japanese names (and sometimes even terms), and I refuse to take part in drama.

I personally have never used PokeSav, Gameshark, or Action Replay, but people who use it don't really bother me, just as long as they admit to cheating. It does piss me off if they have like, a whole team of shinies that all have amazing stats and perfect natures and are all at level 100 that are obviously hacked and they say that they're legit. Or if they take a Spiritomb or Sableye and hack it so that it has the Wonder Guard ability. But other than that I'm okay with it.

And as for RNG abuse, I wouldn't really consider it cheating, becuase you didn't use any sort of cheating device, the Pokemon was caught legit in the wild, it's just a way of manipulating the game to get the Pokemon you want. I sort of have to congratulate the RNG abusers, because for me, it's hard to understand how to do it, so if you have the knowledge of how to do it, you must be pretty clever, because any dumbass can pick up an action replay and hack their game
    Last edited by We'reBlastinOffAgain; 15th July 2012 at 05:40 PM.
    HeartGold FC- 3697 3834 7354
    Platinum FC- 3826 2943 9809
    Black FC- 2623 7586 3462

Don't mess with L!

I do not mind the so called 'cheaters' who 'Sav or 'Gen their Pokemon when it comes to battling as long as they're doing it to save time. As long as it is possible, let them be. I use Pokegen to create Pokemon so I can get the Hidden Power type I want because I know without Pokegen I would never be able to get some sets I want. However, I believe this should have a limit.

For trading/shiny huntint though, I do not think cheating is an acceptable way. It ruins all the purpose of those two. I will never trade a hacked Pokemon without the knowledge of the other party.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2752 | 2583 | 3814

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

I Don't mind cheaters, as long as they don't abuse their power.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast