Your Opinion On "Cheaters" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Opinion On "Cheaters"

I have never cheated, not even for event Mons that I missed out on. I like the feeling of catching Pokemon in a legit manner.

But if someone doesn't want to waste time breeding countless eggs for their preferred natures, why should they? If they don't want to deal with using multiple games to get all Mons, why should they? I think cheating is fine as long as the Pokemon's set is legal and has been publicly released.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

Not this again. Altered Giratina's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally don't mind just if there not using max stats on everything online.

play through the game first and then only use it to all the items. after i catch my first shiny of the game i use it make them shiny and then trade them, but i never keep cheated pokemon, i also coppy pokemon and trade those off too. I never use it to go through walls and get hms early, i also dont use the ivs cheats and stuff.
    I AM NOW ADDICTED TO UGLY BETTY!!! I HAVE SEEN EVERY EPISODE AT LEAST FIVE TIMES AND TO THIS DAY IS THE ONLY SHOW THAT MADE ME CRY AT THE END....

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THEY BRING THIS SHOW BACK...or at least make a movie out of it....

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW

*evil laugh*

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I couldn't care less about how other people play their games.

Registered User BlackTerminator's Avatar
    Follow BlackTerminator On Twitter Add BlackTerminator on Facebook Add BlackTerminator on MySpace
    Follow BlackTerminator on Tumblr Visit BlackTerminator's Youtube Channel

I only used cheats after I beat the game, the games main storylines, and ect aftermath of the conclusion of the Elite 4. A brother ain't doing that painful trade and migrate. I only use the clone cheat and money cheat. Sometimes the Pokemon Modifier cheat.

Since D/P, I play one version of the game with no cheats while cheating during playthrough of second one (Platinum, too). My standard hackset includes:
    - 990 Rare Candies - screw grinding (though I use them only if the level gap is too high, like for BW post-game, the game is not challenging enough if pokemon are over-leveled)
    - 990 PP MAX'es - screw PP limit
    - 50 Max Repels (for the story beginning, then I simply buy them in-game)
    - Max IVs for all pokemon I actively use
    - Change HM moves by hacking the ROM, so I can avoid using HM slaves. For example, Cut becomes 70 BP Grass move, Fly -> 110 BP/100% hit (Acrobatics, anyone?), Strength -> 102BP (=Return), Flash -> 60BP/Electric.

I never use Wi-Fi for battles... GTS is used occasionally, though all pokemon I am giving away are either legit with no changes or bred from hacked pokes. I throw in Master Balls and other hacked rare items sometimes.

Of course, I've tried a Battle Frontier run with Wondertomb and Noguardjask. Lum Berry Sturdinja is to follow for Battle Subway :)

As for the cheating good or bad eternal question - as long as you know what you are doing, you can work both ways. If someone creates 31x6 IV pokemon for VGC, and wins, then he or she deserves the title: even with 100% hacked pokemon, you have to be a professional to win it. Pokemon battles are about strategy and not fapping 24/7 on your DS buttons to breed ideal pokemon, EV train them and get proper items... Though if a guy is a moron enough to get caught, then he deserves to be kicked out of tourney with his cart fried in microwave oven.

tl/dr: pokesavgen rules.
    Last edited by xyzman; 10th July 2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Codr, sorry

Well, of all the horrible crimes one could commit... theft, murder, being a fan of something that a lot of people don't like, I think that cheating at a game designed for children is the most lowly and most abominable crime known to man, and anyone who is caught cheating should be sentenced to death at first glance without even the courtesy of a fair trial!

In all seriousness, though, I don't use cheats myself, but I don't care if anyone else does as long as they don't use Pokémon or items obtained or raised through cheats competitively in tournaments or Wifi battles, at least without first consulting the person they're battling with or the administrators of the tournaments.

The word "cheating" I guess is a little strong, it implies something is being done dishonestly, but really, it's a video game. A single-player video game. The point of games is to have fun and sometimes cheating is just pure fun. I mean, who here can say they played GoldenEye 007 as a kid and didn't make frequent use of the All Weapons, Invincibility, and Infinite Ammo cheats at the very least? (Paintball mode being an optional luxury) - I mean, I'm not even a huge fan of first person shooters, but there is a sort of corrupt joy to wielding two rocket launchers at once, both with infinite ammo, and being completely unable to die. Just watching all those helpless enemies shoot at you to no avail as you blast them along with every explosive propane tank, wooden crate, and bookshelf around them is just hilarious. In the same regards, starting the game with a Level 99984698498491879 Celebi that knows one-hit KO moves with infinite PP is probably equally fun. Plus, there are other benefits to cheating. (A sentence which should probably not be echoed in school or over the phone with your significant other in the next room) I mean, as much as I love the games, it's really burdensome having to catch ALL my Pokémon ALL over again, and boy do I miss my Kanto and Hoenn legendaries.

So yeah, I don't care if you cheat or not as long as it doesn't effect other peoples' gameplay experience, and anyone who judges someone's character for cheating on the single-player components of an insignificant video game is just looney.
    Last edited by Otika; 11th July 2012 at 01:36 AM.

The only time cheating really matters is when it detracts from someone else's experience. In this case, that would mean using broken pokemon to compete against others. Outside of that, "cheating" isn't even a big deal.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I only do it to get myself set up in terms of levels and a few moves to get past a tedious storyline, after that it's all legit.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

It's only cheating if you do it to win the VGC or something. If its your game on single, you can do whatever you want, there's no one stopping you.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only thing considered cheating I ever do is the Pokemon Creation Thread in Dubious Disc. So, I really have nothing against cheaters, as long as they don't break the rules by giving a Gyarados 802 Attack or something. ^^
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Here's what I think... If you want to hack your game, it's your game. If it's for your own enjoyment, go ahead. I even think that it's ok to bypass hatching hundreds of eggs if you honestly don't have the time to do so. I'm in college, I work with an organization that takes up a lot of my time, and I don't think that the fact that I honestly have a busy life should hold me back from having a competitive team, and enjoying my game to its fullest. But here is where I get annoyed. I can't stand facing blatantly hacked Pokemon in battle, or receiving them in trades without my prior knowledge. If you think it's ok to take risks with my game without my consent, I have a problem with that, too.

Also, I love to research glitches, and some just aren't available without cheating. I think that's ok too, as long as you know what you are doing.

My point is, I believe it doesn't matter unless your hacking negatively impacts someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    Here's what I think... If you want to hack your game, it's your game. If it's for your own enjoyment, go ahead. I even think that it's ok to bypass hatching hundreds of eggs if you honestly don't have the time to do so. I'm in college, I work with an organization that takes up a lot of my time, and I don't think that the fact that I honestly have a busy life should hold me back from having a competitive team, and enjoying my game to its fullest. But here is where I get annoyed. I can't stand facing blatantly hacked Pokemon in battle, or receiving them in trades without my prior knowledge. If you think it's ok to take risks with my game without my consent, I have a problem with that, too.

Also, I love to research glitches, and some just aren't available without cheating. I think that's ok too, as long as you know what you are doing.

My point is, I believe it doesn't matter unless your hacking negatively impacts someone else.
    Pretty much this. I don't know what your circumstances are or how you choose to distribute your time, so I'm indifferent if you choose to cheat for the purpose of getting unobtainable pokemon or making pokemon stronger. I draw the line when it has a negative effect on my game, like distributing dangerous hacks on the GTS.

I dont use any codes but i have Meloetta and i got her from my friend who used action replay to get her... other then that i try to breed/catch and train pokemon myself. If i want to just battle with pokemon i dont have i use online battling like showdown or pokemon online
    ~~~~trying to hatch a shiny Vulpix~~~~

Blog Entries
    Follow TeraDyne On Twitter Add TeraDyne on Facebook
    Visit TeraDyne's Youtube Channel

As someone who aided in the discovery of many Gameshark codes for Pokemon Crystal back in the day, I have very little right to say "never cheat". However, back then, there was no online multiplayer. Personally, I don't like cheaters that bring their hacked Pokemon online, and it's one reason I decided to never take part in the Global Battle Union once the Worldwide release came for Black and White. Cheaters kinda ruined the game for me, since almost all I ever see in battles are Pokemon hacked to be "perfect". I don't cheat after seeing just how many people outside of myself were turned away from Pokemon because of it, and I don't have the time or drive to breed such perfect Pokemon to be used in WiFi battles or Random Match. Granted, there's arguably no room for casual battlers anymore, so there you go.

tl;dr- What was once a nice game to play in multiplayer was kinda ruined for me with the way people use hacked Pokemon. Yes, I'm against PokeSav/PokeGen, but I can't do anything to stop it in a community that outright encourages the use of such tools, so I just don't play online. That's just my view on the matter.

(Note: I played in the GBU prior to the US/EUR launches of B1W1, and I almost always found a fair fight to enjoy. I did play for a few days after the US release, and found only hacked Pokemon from a majority of non-Japanese games/players. That's the viewpoint I'm using on that front.)
    ~Virizion. Virizion. Rosy knight Virizion. Make the trouble go away, so that we may laugh and play.~
    Disclaimer: I play by VGC rules, don't EV train or care about IVs, use the Japanese names (and sometimes even terms), and I refuse to take part in drama.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast