Your opinion on Black 2 and White 2?

Thread: Your opinion on Black 2 and White 2?

Visit vapes's Youtube Channel

Default Your opinion on Black 2 and White 2?

Now that Pokemon Black/White 2 have been out for a while, many of you have probably gotten pretty far into it. My question is: what do you guys think of the game and how does it compare to the previous installments?
    Personally I found this one to be the best one out of all. What are your thoughts?

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Your opinion on Black 2 and White 2?

Having just recently finished catching all the catchable legendaries in Black 2 that I can get for now, I think I can say I like it even more than BW as well! It should've been given a perfect score. It had everything BW had and more. I liked the idea of medals (this actually made me want to accomplish more things) and hidden grottoes and other stuff that BW did not have. I'm not too big on Pokestar Studios, but that's because making movies isn't something I've been interested in. But I do like the World Tournaments and the new areas and stuff!

Also, Black 2 made me finally want to try out the Entralink and Dream World and I enjoyed it. I also liked the Dream Radar on the 3DS. ^^

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I enjoyed Black 2 quite a lot and would play it again. I liked the selection of Pokemon in the extended regional dex and how wild Eevee could be caught( it is a nice touch to be able to do that in a game) The player characters were descent. I like the additions like PokeStar Studios and Hidden Grottos and especially the Pokedex completion rewards, now I actually have reasons to try completing it. I also like how they fixed Black City/White Forest and it dosent run dry if you dont speed run the game. Some of the new areas were nice like Humilau City and Marine Tube. Overall I found the game enjoyable. One thing I didnt like was I felt the plot was a bit lacking from what BW was, but thats my only complaint.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Actually, you could catch Eevee in the gen 4 games. They could only be found in the Trophy Garden though. But being able to catch Eevee in B2W2 was nice too.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think the sequels were much better than Black & White, as much as I enjoyed them I think Black & White 2 delivered so much more. It tied up the lose ends, it had more content, depth, story line and I thought the new characters and cities were great.

Black and White 2 were definitely better than Black and White. I especially liked the battle backgrounds - I've always hated how the Pokemon just stood on discs of mashed up colours. The backgrounds probably enhanced the battle environment way more than it should have for me. Oh yeah, and that sun glare that appears for half a second after you exit a building is pretty neat!

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

It just took bw to another level ! They extended the life of the characters had some good character development. Overall, this game shows us that the pokemon franchise is going in good directions. It has some unique towns like aspertia and lentimas. Also, I think Castelia Sewers is pretty cool !

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 to be great games, even if I have a complaint or two about them. I particularly like how these games improve upon the previous games in terms of the amount of content. The originals didn't have a wide variety of things to do (even then, I played Pokemon Black to death), while these titles added quite a bit.
    The only thing that I truly dislike about these sequels is that they feel very similar to the original Pokemon Black and White. If there were more changes to things like the music and locations, then I might get hooked more easily. Than again, if I played Pokemon Black less excessively, things may not have felt overly familier.
    All in all, I give Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 a very, very high score, instead of an extremely high score like I did for Pokemon Black and White.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

BW had a much better storyline, but as sequels, they proved to have very high quality in terms of new features. again, I should be going on and on about how I liked Colress. They provided so many things... but the problem is that the most important Memory Link requires you another DS. I only have one DS, so I had to ask @Mintaka; and meet up with her for the Memory Link using her game. I don't know how many people have two DS in their possession, but I wish they could've added another option to get the Memory Link for those who have only one DS.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I really liked White2, there are more features than previous installments. And completing the national dex is WAY easier for me, with more Pokemon available in the wild(I'm at 611 seen right now).
    And I like the battle backgrounds and how the grass moves and stuff, and the sun glare when exiting a building is pretty neat.
    The medals are a nice little side-quest thing, where I can show off my achievements, and gives me something to do.
    I LOVE the new box system, with the group mode being returned. The new EXP system is very convenient for leveling up low leveled 'mons, which I have to do a lot of for my living Pokedex.

Overall, this is my favorite Pokemon game so far.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

I enjoyed the game. Rather easy battle wise tbh. The elite 4 are weak and easily beaten.

Medals are too many almost imposible to finish them all. Would rather have fewer with a prize for getting them all

Love breeding always saves nature. Love pwt (beaten champions/leaders 20-30 times for fun)

Pokestars is annoying but really nice when you do ?? Endings and get stars for your only pokemon.

I still miss ribbons from this gen though :'(

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I'm going to make an unpopular opinion here and say that while I liked Black 2's large content (which was a huge improvement on Black), it simply did not engage me as much as the originals did. While some people might not have liked the way that Black was very story driven, I did like that and felt it gave some depth to the games which sustained my interest. Black 2 did a decent job of continuing the arch of the first games but in terms of story, it really did miss a few tricks and in many ways was a further step back than games that came before Black and White. It had good characters in the form of Colress and Hugh, and I liked how Cheren had been boosted as a character, but overall I found the main game a little bit.... dare I say it... boring.

The best part of the game was the Pokemon. I loved how diverse the teams could be, but seeing as I loved the Unova Pokemon to begin with as being my favourite new set so far, I never held that against the original games to begin with. One of the things that I do feel gave these games a boost was the Memory Link but seeing as that relies on the first game to be used, it means I wouldn't recommend people buy BW2 without having got and played BW first.

There is no denying they are amazing games... but I can't help feel a little underwhelmed by the sheer amount of tricks they missed.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Follow becinorbit On Twitter Add becinorbit on Facebook

I am only new to pokemon but I love it just my observations.
    I Started with Heart Gold last year and loved it. My partner got me onto it. He stopped playing white and went back to soul silver so we could play together. We then Went onto Black and white. I was impressed by the improved town/adventure graphics but disappointed by the battle graphics. Major dislike that the menu for your team, meds etc is hidden away. Takes too long to find what you need. Preferred heart golds setup on lower screen. Disliked change/lack of original pokemon.

I then got white 2 and was again impressed by the increase range of pokemon, and battle background graphics is a nice touch but still dislikes pixel pokemon when battling. It's like they forgot that bit. Hoped 2's release would have reverted back to heart gold soul silvers menu layout but it didn't. Disappointed. Never been a fan of the game play music and sound effects. There are Improvements in 2 but would prefer to chose what I hear, pref music off and sfx on. Interesting twist on map and when locations can be visited. Would have been nice to see a bigger map again. Strange tho....in black you get Reshiram in white you get zekrom but in white 2 you still get Reshiram. I thought it was the opposite???? Cool twist with DNA splicers and kyurem, pretty cool catch but I want zekrom too

Blog Entries

Black 2 was excellent, but it didn't have the scope that B/W did. When the credits rolled the first time in Black, I was absolutely stunned, and I honestly started over with White version soon after because I wanted to play it again. When I defeated the champion in Black 2, however, it felt like I had beat Emerald version again - it was another journey game. A great one, but just another achievement.

Blog Entries

I believe that the story aspect could have been taken a little better. Sometimes you can go streches with little to no character devolopment and just spend hours grinding due to needing to fight a boss that is required to continue. I also don't like the large amount of Pokemon in the game making planning around a party much harder. I in fact had a hard time balancing my party over generations and found myself with a team full of Gen 1 Pokemon