Your LEAST favorite Pokemon game
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your LEAST favorite Pokemon game

Sig's still FE:A though Alexg23's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Alexg23 on Google+
    Visit Alexg23's Youtube Channel

Thumbs down Your LEAST favorite Pokemon game

Everything has a bad side, and Pokemon is no exception. Is there any Pokemon game that you just did not like? (or do you think this is just blasphemy?) The only rule is that you have to have played the game, so in that case I don't have one, but if I did, it would be Pokédex 3D Pro. Why is this a thing, it's not really even a game.

FE:A clears: 3

Claims - Mel
    oetta (Aria) - Relic Song - Refrigerate - Safety Goggles - Ability Capsule
    Namer of CameraFlashShipping (Calem & Alexa (XY))

Default Re: Your LEAST favorite Pokemon game

Well, I enjoy all of the games, really, but if I had to say my least favorite?
    Probably Kanto, of course. xD. Sorry to all you Kanto fans out there, but it was just...boring. Well, when I played Leafgreen, that is. There just wasn't enough for me. :P
    Not to say I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the others.
    So, I guess my answer is all of the Kanto-based games. o3o.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth. :)
    Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life. <3

Blog Entries

Probably the Johto games~

I had fun playing them, but compared to other games, they're just pretty dull. Playing them is difficult in itself due to how hard it is to grind after a certain point and all the Pokemon seem to be at Lv15 while you are in your Lv30s. Plus, Johto didn't do it for me due to them shoehorning Kanto into the post-game, making Johto basically feel like an extension of Kanto, rather than it's own place, which upsets me, as I actually really like the Johto region otherwise. Finally, the plot wasn't very good. Same evil team from the last games and all they want to do is give a shout-out to Giovanni on the radio? That's the big scheme? If people thought Magma and Aqua's plans had some flaws, Johto Team Rocket easily beats both of them.

Plus, what's up with the box legendaries having virtually no bearing on the plot? Crystal and HGSS improved this a bit, but still, Ho-oh and Lugia contribute nothing to the story whatsoever, which is a shame, as they probably have some of the coolest legends and lore out there, with even NPCs in Sinnoh talking about them. And yet...they're pretty much no different than post-game legendaries in their debut games.

So, I have to say Johto's games~

Blog Entries

Probably maybe My Pokémon Ranch. Yes, i've played it. It kinda sucks. It's my least favorite. I still like the idea, and some other things, but other than that, it sucks.

Blog Entries

For me it would be a tie between Pokémon Rumble Blast and Gates to Infinity. Both of their stories were utterly confusing and boring for me. Not to mention Rumble Blast's gameplay and certain missions (like that group charge thing) were really annoying at times. GTI was okay in terms of a Mystery Dungeon game gameplay wise, but I just couldn't stay interested in the actual plot. Also, the pitifully small amount of Pokémon available just really turned me off, and those little things to do in Paradise didn't interest me at all and barely bothered to do any of it.

Blog Entries

Pokemon Rumble Blast. Laaaame. The only good thing about it was that it utilized the 3D function pretty well. Otherwise, its weak "plot" and limited postgame stuff made it boring and kind of pointless. Also. while I haven't played it, my friend gave me feedback on Gates to Infinity. Sounds like that game screwed over a great spin-off series with cheesy themes and a giant snowflake (what the actual f**k) as the final boss.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Skill Link, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.
    Can you ever have too many claims? ...Nah, of course not.

I agree with the sentiments about Kanto and Johto above. In terms of environments and story, they aren't very good. Too bad, since they've got the lore.

Move along, move along Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Pokémon Conquest. I can't exactly say why I don't like it, but there's just something about its game play that I don't exactly like. I've enjoyed some strategy RPGs in the past, but not really this one.

Also anything with Mt. Coronet is pretty low on the list, as well.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X/Pokémon ΩR Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Well, for me it would have to be…

Rumble Blast.

Weird story(if you can even call it a story), no endgame content(you expect me to be done with the game?).

I liked the original Rumble better.
    Official claimer of Mega Latias, Mist Ball, Mystic Ticket, and Latiasite as of July 14th, 2014.

Official claimer of Levitate as of July 15th, 2014.

Challenger approaching! Add me for Pokemon, Sm4sh and Animal Crossing at: 1907-8549-9249

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Let's just not talk about Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Sidegames aside... probably Diamond and Pearl. Boring region, awkward graphics, boring pokemon, boring story. Bleh. (That said, Platinum is one of my favorite games -- it fixed all the bad stuff with DP. So if you like Sinnoh it is ok i understand you)

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

I'm in between Kanto and Hoenn for my least favorite games. Being that I'm not blinded by nostalgia I found Kanto to be really dull. With Hoenn I just hated all the gym leaders and elite four. None of them were memorable, and under no circumstances should I be able to destroy the elite four with one starter Pokemon, even if my Swampert was lovely.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Gold/Silver, just not a fan of gen 2 really. Levels too low, nothing in Kanto

Blog Entries

X and Y, seriously, after Red and Blue they are the most lackluster and some of my least favorite games by far (Good graphics but at the cost of neglecting everything else), also Team Flare can die in a flood for all I care because they add nothing to the game at all, and are only there to be Johnny Bravo knock-off annoyances to the main protagonists of the game itself.

Additionally, the story and characters felt rushed and were terribly handled for X and Y, and the post-game: pitiful, absolutely frigging pitiful.

Blog Entries

Black 2/White 2. I really don't like most of the 5th gen Pokemon to begin with but I'll admit that the original Black and White games had an interesting plot. The sequels however did not in my opinion. Sure it had more post-game content than Black & White but the lackluster story didn't do much for me other than tie up a few loose ends from the original B&W games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Probably the Johto games~

I had fun playing them, but compared to other games, they're just pretty dull. Playing them is difficult in itself due to how hard it is to grind after a certain point and all the Pokemon seem to be at Lv15 while you are in your Lv30s. Plus, Johto didn't do it for me due to them shoehorning Kanto into the post-game, making Johto basically feel like an extension of Kanto, rather than it's own place, which upsets me, as I actually really like the Johto region otherwise. Finally, the plot wasn't very good. Same evil team from the last games and all they want to do is give a shout-out to Giovanni on the radio? That's the big scheme? If people thought Magma and Aqua's plans had some flaws, Johto Team Rocket easily beats both of them.

Plus, what's up with the box legendaries having virtually no bearing on the plot? Crystal and HGSS improved this a bit, but still, Ho-oh and Lugia contribute nothing to the story whatsoever, which is a shame, as they probably have some of the coolest legends and lore out there, with even NPCs in Sinnoh talking about them. And yet...they're pretty much no different than post-game legendaries in their debut games.

So, I have to say Johto's games~
    This--at least, if we're talking main series. Overall, Pokemon Ranger always bored me. OR B2W2, what a poor excuse for a sequel.
    3DS Friend Code: 2277-6855-9052 (IGN: Valerie or Vanessa)
    Claims: Mantyke - Dragon Skull - NeverMeltIce

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast