Your ideal regional dex - how would you go about it?

Thread: Your ideal regional dex - how would you go about it?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Your ideal regional dex - how would you go about it?

So if you were allowed to make the regional dex, how would you go about it?

Would you try to make a balance between all of types or would you favour some types over others?
    Would you just include your favourites or would you include pokemon you don't like aswell?
    Would you include just "good" pokemon, or would you include the lesser pokemon too?
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your ideal regional dex - how would you go about it?

Boatload of water and bug Pokemon, with the amount of various types becoming smaller with their considerable rarity. For example, Dragon and Psychic Pokemon would be rare, but more elemental types such as Fire and Electric would be moderate, and ground rock would be even more common.

Blog Entries

The Pokemon in my Regional Dex would be heavily influenced by the geography of the region itself. If I could create a region it would be based largely on my home country- lots of hills to the north, harsh winters and a ton of lakes and wooded areas. Valleys in the south.

As a result, i'd probably have more water, grass and normal type Pokemon than anything else.

The sole Legendary of the region would be a Lion Pokemon and the trio would be made up of one flying psychic type, one water/rock hybrid and one cave-dwelling dragon (i accept that the last one isnt very original but its my region :) )

Typing all this has made me slightly unhappy that its not going to come to fruition...

Blog Entries

I guess it would depend on he gyms and elite four. i would make sure there are enough Pokemon for those types so we don't run into another Flint situation.And of course the regions geography as well. I would like some more Dragon, Steel and Ice types, and not too many waters

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

My ideal regional dex would include the most popular animals by the media:

Dog, Cat, Bird, Mouse, Rat, Pig, Duck, Chicken, Cow, Horse, Sheep, Goat, Owl, Bat, Squirrel, Rabbit, Elephant, Rhino, Giraffe, Zebra, Gizelle, Deer, Lion, Tiger, Bear, Monkey, Chimp, Gorilla, Orangutan, Eagle, Wolf, Hyena, Kangaroo, Koala, Moose, Camel, Bee, Butterfly, Moth, Spider, Ladybug, Beetle, Mantis, Ant, Centipede, Fish, Shark, Octopus, Whale, Dolphin, Seal, Sea Lion, Penguin, Walrus, Gull, Lizard, Snake, Turtle, Crocodilian, Frog, Toad, T-Rex, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Sauropod, Dromeaosaurid, Pterosaur, Ornithimomid

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id probably try to include some Pokemon of every type and try to make the Pokedex balanced, so Id be careful not to add too few of one type or too many of another, but it would also depend on what the region was like too, so I'd try to make it realistic to the region as well. I think this would be a difficult thing to do. Id include no more than 1 legendary trio in addition to the mascot legendaries and only 2 or 3 event Pokemon total( not nessesarily legendaries, but normal Pokemon like Zoroark that originate as event Pokemon).

Blog Entries

Pretty much what has already been said; I'd mostly try to balance the more common types at least (water, fire, grass, electric, rock, ground, etc.) One thing I absolutely hated about Sinnoh is that, until you get the national dex, there is literally two fire Pokemon to choose from, Infernape and Rapidash. I usually like to have a fire Pokemon in my regular team, and while Rapidash is by no means bad, there should be more options. But I digress.

I think each type should have at least one exceptional Pokemon, something to the degree of a Lucario for steel, Heracross for bug, Toxicroak for poison, etc. I guess those are all fighting too, but that's just cuz fighting is amazing.

Also I'd like to see more type combinations. I think Gen V did a decent job at getting more, Larvesta being one of my favorites. I'd like to see a Fire/Water type or a Dark/Psychic type, just something we haven't seen before. Obviously not all type combos are very good, Larvesta again is completely pounded by rock type attacks for instance, but I'm sure there are some combos that could be very good or at least pretty awesome.