Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 61

Page 61 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I was in Route 203 on Diamond, rematching trainers (yeah, I stil have no idea why I was rematching in a route full of weak trainers) when my Breloom's Toxic Orb poisoned it, and it was an annoyance outside of battle. I was out of Antidotes/Full Heals so I rushed back to Jubilife. On the way there I accidentally ran into some tall grass and boom! shiny Shinx.

I caught it with an ultra ball on the first turn. ;D

Just keep your head above Pantherstrike's Avatar

I caught my first shiny just a few months ago, on SoulSilver. It was a Tentacool in the waters around the Whirl Islands. It was kinda bittersweet, because it was my first shiny, but it was also a Tentacool. :/
    my ss team Matt • Mello • Chomper • Slasher • Melon • Eggstein

still nothing aside from GTS after hundreds upon hundreds of hours :'(

Blog Entries

a rattata while hunting fodder in firered for transfer
    FCs
    HG: 2365 8024 5841
    Black: 4641 9176 3227

Electrode has a height of 3'11 and a weight of 146.8 lbs. Assuming that it is a shape of a perfect sphere in which its diameter is its height, one can easily calculate its density is 73.6 kilograms per cubic meter. As the density of water is 1,000 kilograms per meters cubed, it should be able to easily float on water carrying something as heavy as 2,000 lbs...but it can't learn Surf."- Chuggaaconroy

Blog Entries

Shinies in order (first 2 don't count):
    1) Red Gyarados in GSC
    2) Friend traded me a Zubat in RSE
    3) Caught a Poochyena (one of the early routes) in RSE
    4) Caught an Electrode (Rocket Base) in HGSS
    → 2624 0583 5456 → 4814 4916 7157

Gen 1 N/A,(Red) Gen 2 Red G(Silver) Gen 3 N/A,(Ruby) Gen 4 Pikachu(Pearl), Red G & Rattata(HeartGold)

Got the Pikachu a week after the Pikachu coloured Pichu, both are rubbish as I hate Pikac**p.
    I never use the Rattata as she has the worst stats ever, but at least she looks cool, and I cought her the day the world cup started France Vs someone. My girlfriend was watching the game when I started shouting in the corner to be told to shut up as no goals had been scored.

I have tried chaning but it never seems to work for me, I always fail after 4 or 5 Pokémon even when using repels which is annoying.
    At the current time I have a French Charmander and Japanise Ditto and now 50-60 eggs later still nothing, not doing any better with an American and English Eevee either.
    All games have between 100 & 500 hours of game play put into them, so not too bad I feel.

I do remember a friend when I was at school saying when he transfered his Charizard over to his Gen 2 game it had become a metal one.

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Grimer while exploring the Cinnabar Mansion in LeafGreen in June. Nearly passed out from excitement

Out of all the generations of Pokemon I've played, I only ran into one shiny (apart from Garyados).

I was training my pokemon in the Snowpoint Temple, then I came across a pink Sneasel. I only had 1 Dusk Ball btw, but I lowered it's health and got lucky. It is now a pink Weaville.

My first shiny was a zubat in granite cave....which i was stupid enough to run away from because i thought my game glitched lol
    But the first shiny i actually caught was a spheal I ran into when I was training my Manectric :P

Follow Haxorus31 on Tumblr

The first shiny pokémon i found was a shiny tentacool in Crystal. I found it at route 27. In Platinum i found a shiny noctowl in the great marsh. I was nervous thinking that the noctowl will break free from the safari ball and flee but i caught it.

Interestingly, i found a shiny zubat in silver and my next one was another shiny zubat in sapphire

Shoddy FTW!. Fuck off Pokémon Online.

My first shiny was obviously gyarados, not counting that however it was a lanturn I found in the seafoam islands on HeartGold. As soon as I caught it (lure ball, no trouble catching it) i called my girlfriend (also a pokefanatic, gotta love her ) and spazzed out over the phone to her about it, where she then proceeded to laugh at me uncontrolably.

Not including Gyarados, which is just easy to get, I didn't find any shinies on R/B or G/S. I hate to think how many hours I spent on those games, and never once did I encounter a shiny.

I got SS in May this year. On a normal play through the game, I stepped into Mount Mortar to get that Tyrogue, and I barely turned the corner when a shiny Cubone appeared. Of course, I caught it instantly. It's a Hardy female with a 'Thoroughly cunning' personality. Even though it's been a while since I caught her, I'm still unsure if I want to evolve her...

And before you ask - no, I won't trade. :P
    White 2 Friend Code: 5201 0308 4915
    White Friend Code: 4255 8449 1191
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 4254 6853 1936

Blog Entries

First shiny I EVER saw before was a Diglett, in Diglett's cave, back in Kanto in Firered. Didn't even know shinies existed, so, I did want to catch it, but of course not having a lot of money early in the game, I had zero pokeballs... -_-

Second one to see, was a Meowth, in the Sevii Islands. My first ever shiny caught! Had no idea, though. I just liked the colour and caught it randomly.

Blog Entries

A shiny Pidgey on Yellow(Rt 1 or 2 or sth, before Viridian Froest), while grinding for Brock.