Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 15
Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Blog Entries

My first was possible a Bellsprout in Gold, but I can't remember. Then I got a Shiny Shuppet in Emerald, then I started my game over, and I got a Shiny Natu, that evolved into a Shiny Xatu. But I stupidly erased that filed by mistake trying to clone, and the only shiny I've seen was a Shiny Poliwhirl in the Battle Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

The only shiny Pokemon I ever came across in the wild was the Snorlax that blocks the route between Celadon City and Cycling Road in LeafGreen. I encountered it with out soft-resetting, and didn't even realize it was shiny until after I had taken down the Elite Four.

The only shiny I've encountered "in the wild" was the red Gyarados in GSC; my Odd Egg in Crystal did however hatch into a shiny Pichu. In the meantime, some 1000+ hours between GSC RSE FRLG DP, not a single one. Not counting the eBayed Emerald full of shiny hacks.

The first shiny I saw was Zubat in Silver version. I was so surprised that I defeated it. The first one I caught was Gyarados.
    The first one in the GBA was Pochiena in Ruby. And I got pokerus in Emerald almost at the same time.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

I only remember the red Gyarados. On a different note, if anyone wants to know, the shiny legendary and shiny starter Pokemon are one-shotters. If you want a shiny Charmander, for example, and you don't get that on either game, you have to start over. If you want a shiny Mewtwo, for example, and you don't get it, you have to start over. The same thing goes for the roaming Pokemon. If the first encounter with, say, Entei, is not shiny, then it will never be shiny.

I've heard the same. The runners in FR/LG are determined when you choose your starter.
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape

Never caught one.

Was almost on my way to getting one in D/P, it was a Weezing.

Unfortunately it asploded itself when I was about to catch it.

If I would encounter a shiny I wanted, and if there was a risk it would escape or kill itself I would use the Master Ball.
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape

Is a sweetheart. TragicTheDragon's Avatar

I finally got my first Shiney when , on a whim, I started Emerald earlier this summer. It was an Electrike. I was pretty psyched.

Oh, the feeling when you see a wild shiny! Nothing else but that pokemon exists during that moment . . .
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape

Blog Entries

I once had a shiny Venonat/moth on Gold, as well as seeing a shiny Pidgey, also on Gold, plus seeing a shiny Kingdra in Battle Tower on Ruby. Otherwise, nothing, aside from the shiny Gyarados on Gold.

<-Currently Hunting

My very first shiny for the second gen was a shiny Rapidash in Silver at Mt. Silver, or whatever that place was called. My Silver's file got corrupted, and I eventually lost the game...now that I look back, I realize I had like one of the coolest shinies ever. -__O

First on the third gen was a shiny Wingull, which is now a shiny Pelipper. I didn't know about shinies back then, either. I still have it, however.

First shiny for the first gen was a shiny Chimchar, which I got after five days of soft resetting. I can't believe how lucky I was to actually get it!

Now with free toasters!

My first shiny was an Oddish in Ruby, but I stupidly deleted the file. Next I encountered a Shiny Pikachu in the Safari Zone in Emerald, which is still with me today xP

Well, first I saw was a shiny Diglett in LG, I had no idea what the stars were for and why it's nose was blue (I guess). But, I knew it was special in someway so lucky me, I caught it. I had the best luck in LG with shinies. I got a shiny Voltorb, and the two others I don't remember. >_<

On Emerald, I got a shiny Zubat once on Victory Road. I wasn't too amused by it. That's when my poor Emerald corrupted on me. ;-; Then at some point, after tons of tries, I got a shiny Eevee. Which is a shiny Umbreon now.

Then, moving on to Diamond, my first one was shiny Drifloon in my JP Diamond. Than someone traded me a shiny Turtwig. Then someone traded me a Shiny Uxie. Another shiny Eevee (again, Umbreon now.) Then I got another one of those (traded it to a very special friend for a shiny Granbull though.), Then I got a cute little shiny Shinx with chaining. :D (she's a Luxray now.) And I also have two shiny Buizels! :D (No, I'm NOT evolving them.) Oh, and I got two hacked shinies, Arceus and Mew. -.-;

Writer of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Clash of Sinnoh
    Latest Chapter: A Ravaged Road to Ruin
    Next Chapter: The Windworks Beneath Our Wings!

My deviantART|Fansite of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Clash of Sinnoh

Disastrous Motions... Unplanned_Disaster's Avatar

My first shiny EVER will be a Shiny Makuhita found in Granite Cave in Emerald, while I was going to Steven to deliver his letter. I was like "omg a shiny!" and I caught it with a Pokeball. The thing was, my DS (I was using it) was already low-bat, so I was pressured. Lucky I caught it, though. =D

The rest of my shinies were found using the Pokeradar's shiny patch, except for 2: Buizel and Shinx. They were found using the pokeradar, but only in normal patches.

QFT.

In other forums I'm known as...

Serebii Forums - Dramatic Melody
    PI Forums - Cherished Song