Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 127

Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1912
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Default Your first shiny. How? when? where?

XD this is funny.
    I'll say it here, my least favorite pokemon is Bidoof. Just walking through that tall grass and getting that..annoying cry/squeal!!

Anyways, one day I was going through and catching the outbreaks of pokemon in Diamond, and I happened to find a Bidoof in the tall grass while walking back from the location of the outbreak. My reaction in below spoiler.

Mixed reactions at thier finest.

DISCLAIMER: it was not the red Gyrados.
    Last edited by SilverGlitch; 9th December 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I have a very old post buried down somewhere here but I can't be bothered to dig it up. Anyway...

Not counting the Gyarados in Johto, I obtained a shiny Swinub and a shiny Fearow in Gold. They are now gone because the battery run dry. After that, I failed to run into any for a long time – in fact, the next random appearance was just recently in X when I found a shiny Solrock in Glittering Cave. Then I accidentally obtained a Masuda Method assisted shiny Swablu the same day, a lucky streak that I'll likely never be able to experience again. I also found a total of six shinies on Friend Safaris so far (Throh, Mankey, Breloom, another Mankey, Petilil, Quilladin), of which I traded two away for the two legendary birds not available in my save. I should probably go shuffling on the safari some more, but I've been busy breeding Duskull for Wonder Trade and playing other games lately :p

This all is not counting any shinies I got via trades or RNG abuse, which most importantly netted me a shiny set of Regis and a Shaymin in Platinum.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

My first shiny that I got my self was a shiny Charmander I bred myself in Black version. I had gotten shinies before from trading, but I had never gotten one myself until then.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Registered User The Mega Jumpluff's Avatar

My First Shiny I ever caught I caught in September of this year, on firered I was training my team on seven island, and I was running back to the pokemon center and *WHAM* A Shiny Phanpy(Sparkle), I caught it and now it is a brilliant gold donphan.
    2 months later I was lucky enough to encounter another shiny, a pidgey.
    and on X I was randomly going through the lost hotel(note: have not beaten main story yet) -Random shiny Klefki.
    the only other shinys I have are the event Creation trio on white.
    i'm not one to use gameshark for shinys, I think it takes away from the accomplishment of getting one

My first shiny on pokemon x is a seaking on route 3
    I was looking for a shiny gyarados at that time, but oh well i catch that seaking xD

Follow Tucker on Tumblr Visit Tucker's Youtube Channel

I've gotten a lot of shinies through trades in the D/P days but my first shiny with my OT that wasn't the red Gyarados in Soul Silver.. My shiny Ponyta I got on Thanksgiving in a friend safari. <3 I decided since I was going to be sitting at the table all day, to just turn my 3DS on and run around in the safari, see what came of it. Took me...five hours or so. I seriously flipped out and everyone was staring at me but I was too happy to care. He was a goal of mine, and even male like I was hoping for. He's now a beautiful, EV-trained Rapidash named Washington.

Like most people mine was the gyarados from silver Although I do have other legit shiny pokemon (I have used action replay in some pokemon games to encounter shinys in case your wondering). They are (from what I remember) Raikou, Palkia, and Giratina. Just so you know they're all special event pokemon: Raikou was used to encounter zoruark in black and Palkia and Giratina are from the shiny creation trio event that wasn't that long ago.
    I'm still trying to win the Lumiose city ID lotto. My friend code: 4682 - 9693 - 3464

Blog Entries

My first was a teddiursa in ss,second in verbank city was a female frillish,lots of others, first x shiny was pumkaboo yesterday :)
    My friend code

2ds code 4441 9908 7340 poision safari gloom and garbodor

Shiny trading thread below

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f601/mass-shiny-trading-thread-161404/

I don't calculate stat values, nor do I care about natures. I just catch my Pokemon the way they are, and play the game normally. If you agree copy and paste this into your sig.

Looking for a shiny regirock,will pay big for one!

I remember back when I was playing Pearl as a kid. I was walking through Mt. Cornoret when all of a sudden this shiny Bronzong showed up. I knew I had to catch that guy and I still use him on my team to this day.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Follow StaticSpark On Twitter

Diamond was the first Pokémon game I owned after being a fan of the series of a long time, and I was playing it like mad. I couple nights after I got the game, I'm on Route 210 and BAM -- Shiny Kricketune! So I'm freaking out and don't wanna kill it because my starter (Grotle or Torterra, can't remember) is over leveled, so I very gently whittle the Kricketune down to a bit under half. I begin lobbing a bunch of Poké Balls at it, but none work, so I try to weaken it more. I can't remember the details, but I think I got a crit and it fainted.

I was heartbroken, and it was the main reason my Shiny Staravia from Platinum was instantly caught in a Master Ball.

Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver...
    after that, found a shiny Fearow in some route near Celadon City (and caught it).
    White 2 FC: 3311 2771 3038 / 3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 147
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

never randomly ran into a shiny but my first i got via masuda method was eevee which i evolved into slyveon

Red Gyarados. Followed by the Black Tower Gible.

I've played every generation and never found a shiny via breeding or battling, because I'm about as unlucky as can be when it comes to things involving RNG.

Discounting the Gyarados, mine was a Tentacool on Johto Rt 41. Didn't bother capturing it. Interestingly, I got a natural (that is, not traded-in) Pokerus a couple of days before then.

Follow KatTayle on Tumblr

My first shiny was technically an Eevee traded to me, but the first one I actually encountered in the wild was a shiny Croagunk that I got with the Pokeradar a day ago. I was so surprised when I saw the shiny grass and then out came a shiny!