Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 123

Page 123 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1912
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first ever shiny was on a friend's game, a while before I really got into pokemon. I was just derping around Cerulean Cave when a green Golbat appeared; not knowing anything about it I thoight it was a glitch, so I killed it; I then told my friend about it, he nearly beat me to a bloody pulp that day, also I think it was his birthday, hahaha good times:P

My actual first caught shiny was a shiny western Gastrodon on my brother's Diamond ver...

...Sadly, it was stolen along with my DSi XL a few months ago:/
    3DS Friend Code: 2036 - 7953 - 3202
    3DS Name: Edson
    FS Pokemon: Spearow, Tranquill, Rufflet.
    Feel free to add me, and if you do so PM me.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

My first Shiny happened this Sunday. I used the Honey that Trevor gave me to enter my first Horde Battle, and lo and behold there was a Shiny Scraggy in the mix. I caught that sucker and it's been a boss on my team.

About two weeks ago I was hunting for eevee in Castellia. It was a yellow rattata. I accidently killed it cause I didn't have my zangoose with false swipe yet. :(

Ironically, my first Shiny encountered by myself wasn't until just yesterday: a Shiny Ariados in Terminus Cave. Paralyzed it, only needed one Dusk Ball. =)

Y Rotation Team

Blog Entries

I was in Petalburg Woods in my Sapphire Version, looking for a Shroomish to add to my team. Then, all of a sudden, a shiny Zigzagoon appears and I catch it. I end up lending the game to an idiot friend of mine because he owed me and I wanted him to do the arduous task of Feebas fishing for me. But then he decides to delete my file and start his own, deleting the shiny Zigzagoon in the process. To add insult to injury, he even went and caught the Feebas that he was going to catch me.

But here's the kicker: He gives the game back to me, and it turns out he caught me a shiny Feebas in his new file. He apparently had no idea it was shiny.

I got a Japanese Kricketot (spelling) from the GTS in gen 4. It was a bit of a race against time as he wanted a combee, so I had to breed my Vespiquen fast as ---- and hope nobody beat me to it. Fortunatly, they didn't.
    (Unfortunatly, I was stupid enough to evolve it and save so it's named "KRICKETUNE" and I really hate all caps names)
    Friend Safari: Electric (Third slot Galvantula)

Vivillon: Polar
    Wanted: Meadow, Tundra, Garden, Sandstorm, High Plains, Archipelago, Marine, Icy Snow, River, Monsoon, Savanna, Sun, Ocean, Jungle

I will not do battles.

Caught myself a shiny Shinx back in Gen IV by using the pokeradar. Might not have been through luck but the anger of continuous failing and the joy of finally seeing that sparkling grass made it worthwhile. Also, i may have seen a shiny psyduck back in GenII but can't say for certain.

This isn't my first shiny, but I just HAD to share this with someone who cares! I just now caught a shiny Petilil in my White 2 game on Victory Road. So exciting, I think I'll evolve it and replace Sunflora with it on my team, I really like how shiny Lilligant looks. My first shiny was a Vulpix in LeafGreen though, so this makes me second legit shiny found and caught in game! So exciting!

I think it's funny that shinies are easier to find now but still I haven't caught one myself yet... the only shiny I ever met was a Rhyhorn in Leaf Green. In the Safari Zone. You know how it ended. BUT! Actually, I have caught one shiny. I mean, the red Gyarados of GSC still counts... no?

My first shiny (other than Gyarados in Lake Of Rage) was a Makuhita in Granite Cave on my Ruby Version. I'm currently SRing for a Shiny Groudon on the same game. I'm at 887 Soft Resets right now. Wish me luck!

Steak have a pillory. pokefan548's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Scootlez View Post
    My first shiny (other than Gyarados in Lake Of Rage) was a Makuhita in Granite Cave on my Ruby Version. I'm currently SRing for a Shiny Groudon on the same game. I'm at 887 Soft Resets right now. Wish me luck!
    Haha, good luck. I wasn't so ambitious, as even if it does come up as a shiny, the legendary trio in R/S/E have a b*tchin' capture rate.
    Angeli i demoni kruzhili nado mnoj
    Naladubuites',Naladubuites',
    Aria Gloris, Aria Gloris
    Soboj ostat'sya dol'she.
    Naladubuites',
    Aria Gloris.

Follow VentusBDaPlayer On Twitter
    Follow VentusBDaPlayer on Tumblr Visit VentusBDaPlayer's Youtube Channel

Depending on whether you caught it or not.
    My first shiny I encountered was a Tentacool in Emerald. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know what shinies were back then. I just told myself, "Wait, is this Tentacool purple-and-green-coloured? Is my eyes playing tricks on me?". I was still a small child, so I went to my brother. He called it a glitch and we left it at that.
    I learnt about shinies awhile after that. It was frustrating to know.

The first shiny I caught was a shiny Wingull in Emerald as well. I was distracted while going across the grass and looked away from the game screen, then I heard the shiny "bling" and turned back at it. I quickly caught it with a Net Ball.

Don't forget... To you, I am... in love with the hope that is sleeping within you.

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first shiny was a female Espurr in Y version. Can't wait until it evolves. :3 I was so thrilled to see it, I've never really had much luck with them. My mind barely responded, as I basically just kinda went: "Wait, what? This thing's different somehow." I'm just glad my first shiny was something so damn awesome. (Not counting the time when I was traded a shiny Mightyena and that got deleted due to some shenanigans. @_@)

*Insert Red Gyarados here*

Shiny Poochyena is my first shiny from Emerald. I was just training in there.

Same happened in FireRed and it was shiny Diglett.

However, no luck in later games... :(

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

My first shiny happened in Pokemon Sapphire. After beating the game and giving my main party Pokemon to my friend for safe-keeping, I decided to start a new game. Anyways, just starting out, no badges to my name, and only my starter and a Zigzagoon to accompany me. I got to Route 104 (Where Mr. Briney's cottage is) and was just trying to get through to the next town. I wasn't planning on catching anything, until I got attacked in the bushes by a shiny Taillow! Needless to say, that Taillow become a permanent part of my team, eventually evolved into Swellow, and now I like to imagine she's in retirement. I still have her on my Black 2 cartridge, and I'll probably move her over to Y when that happens.

Only other shiny Pokemon I have are a Shiny Dustox I caught in Platinum, and a shiny Alomomola I just caught yesterday in Y using the chain-fishing trick. My only regret with the Taillow is that I was only 11 years old at the time, so my genius 11-year-old brain decided the best name for a shiny taillow was "SHINY" in all caps.

If only there were some way I could change that...
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|