Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 12

Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

The only one legally encountered was a Shiny Dusclops...in the Battle Pike...

Your Local Hero Charmander to the rescue's Avatar

I wish I see one. Been playing long enough...
    Ever go on the RPG's on Bulbagarden, things like Pokemon Kingdom or the Hidden Series. Yes? Then Join the RPG club at:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=16773

For a cool, customized trainer card head to: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f237/taking-requests-trainer-cards-16890/

my website: http://charmanderman.proboards92.com

SOVA: There's always hope!!!

^_^

I was playing Crystal,It was a Meowth I got it and even battle with in staduim 2.

Real California Cheese. Birdyspot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glitched View Post
    Also, I find it odd that people claim to have 'run away' from Shinies on accident; as I recall, you are not allowed to run from Shinies, correct? >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdyspot View Post
    FYI, you cannot run away from a "shiny" Pokemon. As in, if you choose "Run" in the battle screen, you cannot escape from it. I tried, a lot, back when I used to GameShark for Pokemon (only) like Mew or a shiny Lv2 Lugia to raise up in GSC days. So, anyone who says they "ran away" from a shiny Pokemon isn't remembering their story correctly.

My first ever was in FireRed. Looking for that pain in the butt Raikou.
    searching everywhere I finally decide to call it a day when for some reason i thought id better Fly to Fuschia city and head left through the patch of grass near the top pass on the way to get (HM Fly)
    anyway i go to the patch of grass + i dont find it so i go through the pass and even enter the house and talk to the girl-no idea why i did that-then i went back through for 1 final search.cue battle music
    ~wild Raikou appeared
    ~Go! Marowak!(lv50)
    ~Bag,Masterball,use
    ~Zilla used Masterball
    ~Raikou was caught!!
    cue triumphant/success music
    Then i go to the nearest PKMN Center to look at my Beautiful Raikou,Holy Smoke its SHINY. I couldnt believe it I 'battled' it without even realizing it was SHINY

thats pretty much my story on "My First Shiny PKMN"

by the way can u help me?
    I cant get a SHINY Lapras,The Birds or Mewtwo

I currently have 12 shiny pokemon which includes a shiny golbat which catching was a fluke lol (sapphire version) i am currently working on getting a shiny beldum. the way im getting my beldum shiny is you have 1/256 chances of encountering a shiny pokeomn in ruby and sapphire (the odds for fire red and leaf green are one in every 8125) so every 256 wild pokeom you run into there should have been atleast 1 shiny pokemon so the way this works is for pokeomn that you go u to and press the A button to fight

STEPS

1. them save right before you battle the pokemon (or take the pokeball) then press the A button to battle it

2. right when it appears look at it and see if it is shiny if not soft reset then battle them again.

3. repeat until the pokeomn you desire is shiny

***NOTE this only works for pokemon that you have a choice to battle by pressing the A button. This works on all legendary pokemon and the starter pokeomn (ruby and sapphire ONLY)

this works i have:
    shiny blazkein
    shiny Mewtwo
    shiny 3 Ledgendary birds
    shiny 3 ledgendary rocks
    shiny Rayquaza
    shiny groudon
    shiny kyogre

UPDATE: I got the shiny Beldum (which btw looks much better than the other one. the silver is so shiny ^.^)
    Last edited by Cloud_Rikai; 11th March 2007 at 08:43 PM.

My first shiny Pokemon was Gyarados on Silver, but my first real shiny was Meowth, also on Silver. My first on Leaf Green was Metapod and my first on Emerald was Sableye, both of which I accidently deleted...but I have a shiny Charmander now.

Besides GS Gyarados, my first and so far only shiny Pokemon was a Trapinch, which I managed to evolve into a shiny Flygon. Something interesting I discovered, even if a shiny is the first example of a certain species you see (I evolved it into Flygon before the Elite 4), its Pokedex entry will stll be of the normal color. It was interesting in my eyes, at least.

Hey Pitch that is very interesting ^_^ thanks for the info i had never noticed that before

Haven't had a shiny since the ol' Gold/Silver days. But You know that Zigzagoon that you fight at the VERY VERY beginning of the game? Ya, it was a shiny. -_-

Aside from Red Gyarados, I have a Blue Venomoth.

First one let me see hmmmmm shining dratini on gold i was so happy causeu now its a dragon hehe my favs and then i found a shining larvaitar and boy was i happy :)

The Dandy Highwayman berryberryrose's Avatar

I got a Gligar on Gold. :)

... I've... never found a shiney :(

And I've been playing since the start... now I know that there weren't any shineys in the first games (Red and Blue) But yeah, I did have Gold and Crystal (Brother had Silver) And I've never ever seen one >_<;

A Tentacruel on my Japanese Silver cart, which I can no longer find. D: