Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 119

Page 119 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1912
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

I've only ever caught one (wish I could figure out how people find so many!!), a Magikarp in Sapphire version. I was Feebas fishing and had been for well over an hour with no luck at all, but suddenly, a shiny Magikarp. I evolved it, so now I've got a red Gyarados in the one generation you don't get a freebie one, so that's kind of cool, but also a little sad that I can't get anything besides Gyarados ever....

I GOT THE FINGAH LASAHH xScottTehHunterx's Avatar

My first was in Diamond, it was a Pelipper. I never actually caught it, a friend traded me it for my Graveler.
    PSN: xScottTehHunterx

I play fighting games on there mostly, send me a message on here or on PSN if you're interested in playing SSF4, Injustice, Mortal Kombat 9 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

I don't remember ever seeing a shiny pokemon even with over 600 hours played on my gen III games, but my Exploud on my Saphire (which is currently lost :( ) did catch Pokerus!
    Jenneta likes this.

Back in Ruby while level grinding in Victory road I found and caught a shiny golbat. Later in diamond I found a shiny buizel. To this day they remain the only shinies I've seen and caught. I have caught the pokerus in every game to date. I swear I'm not leaving my poor pokemon out in the rain or anything.

Blog Entries

First shiny i ever saw was a shiny Rayquaza, didn't mannaged to catch it, second was a Mienshao while leveling my Electivire in White. I use a Fire Punch to weaken it, he has 20% hp left and Mienshao uses High Jump Kick, you can guess what happens next.

I actually got my first shiny very recently. It was last month. I was playing Pokemon Crystal and the egg you get from the day-care people hatched and a shiny Cleffa popped out.

First was a shiny gastrodon in route 222. I didn't see the stars at first and I saw a gastrodon that looked different. "Oh yeah, gastrodons are different, East and West sea. Wait, this is an East sea form, why does it look different, is the sun glaring off of my DS? OMG, SHINY!!!!"

Second was with the pokeradar in the valley windworks where I saw a shaking, star patch. I got a shiny buizel!

In 3rd gen, all 4 games, I don't think I ever encountered a naturally shiny pokemon.
    YaelleG likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

I have never randomly encountered a shiny until HeartGold. It was a shiny Spinarak! :)
    3DS Friend Code: 1864-8930-3851
    Pearl FC: 4081 2837 4838
    Heart Gold FC: 3868 0274 5933
    Black FC: 4212 3297 8953
    Brawl FC: 2148 8194 5141

Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Y team: Delphox Talonflame Florges Aurorus Furfrou Dragalge
    Friend Safari: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

It was a Shiny Linoone. I remember quite clearly, because I screwed this one up so horribly. Okay, so get this: I thought Shiny Pokemon were stronger than Normal Pokemon, so I was trying to weaken the Linoone to get it to "almost" faint in order to make it easier to catch. So I used an attack (I don't remember what it was, I think it was Blaze Kick from Blaziken), and it died.

......Words could not express my horror at that point.
    Last edited by Saeyru; 4th August 2013 at 06:15 AM.
    YaelleG likes this.

I've been playing Pearl (my first ever experience with these games) since about ... April I think. Back in June I got a shiny Bidoof, which was summarily STOLEN by my own child! I'm still plotting my revenge, but....
    But today, just mere hours ago, I found a shiny Kriketune! I was SO freaked out (both times) especially up til the point where I had it safely inside of a pokeball. I was just sure something would happen, like the game would just irrationally & suddenly shut down for no apparent reason LOL. So I had to use 2 great balls, they both failed. I said heck! I'll try a regular pokeball. Failed, then I realized duh, its a bug type & I had only 2 nest balls so I was even more freaked out but it worked right away with my 1st nest ball and I am one happy camper!
    The shiny Kriketune is goldish & he does seem to do everything slightly better in comparison but its hard to tell. Woot!

One more thing: If for some reason I were to ever get another shiny or maybe get sick of the one I have or become desperate enough to try to trade it for something I have *got* to figure out a way to convince people on the GTS that I am not scamming them! LOL I already encountered that issue with my Pokerus guys - I don't think people believe me that they have it. And why would they? So many liars/scammers out there. I thought having Pokerus might help me to get something better. Meh!
    Jenneta likes this.

The spirit of all absols The absolis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The absolis on Tumblr

My very first shiny that I ran into was in crystal. I was training my Pokemon when I ran into a shiny ledyba. As I was training and had no idea what it was I used ember on it and one hit ko'ed it. After that I found out about shiny but did not have the good luck to run into one again until I played soul silver in which I ran into a shiny sentret on the first rout. Since then I have caught, hatched, or traded for at least twelve shinies.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

My first wild shiny Pokemon was in Crystal version. I was using Headbutt on some trees in Ilex Forest when a shiny Weedle appeared. I knew exactly that he was a rare Pokemon, so I caught him and evolved him into a Beedrill. I still have him today and I've nicknamed him Kryptonite because of his green color.

Also in Crystal, I ran into a shiny Grimer while on the cycling road. I used one attack to bring her health down into the yellow range, but she fled. I was quite upset; I didn't know wild Pokemon could flee! XD Ah well, I picked up a few shinies through the Odd Egg in Crystal (I had 3 Crystal versions at the time). I remember getting a shiny Igglybuff, though I never evolved him. Elekid too, but I may not have noticed Elekid was shiny at the time. I feel like it was a shiny...

I could probably point out the exact spot I was standing in at the time I ran into random shinies, haha. I've had two random encounters in the 3rd gen (Poochyena and Pidgey) and one random encounter in the 5th gen (Cottonee).
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

once my brother found a shiny pokémon but he had no pokéballs. :(

Do you like potatoes? Toadkerfy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first shiny I saw was a Poochyena on the first route in Sapphire. I ran from it, Pokemon were all around level 40, I probably never would have caught it, anyway.The first and only shiny I actually caught was a Vigoroth in Pinwheel forest in Black 2. I was actually with Cheren at the time. I guess I'm lucky he didn't defeat it. >.>

I recently played Soul Silver. I still didn't catch the Gyarados, apparently.
    I want a Gengar with a mustache.

Blog Entries

Ignoring the red Gyarados, my first 'real' shiny was a shiny Rhyhorn I encountered in Victory Road in Crystal, which I also caught. This was kind of major for me, because for YEARS before that I had never encountered a 'real' shiny. It kind of helped with my like of Rhyhorn actually.

Come to think of it, I had more luck finding shinies in GSC and HGSS than any other game.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.