Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 116

Page 116 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1912
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Quote Originally Posted by BardicLasher View Post
    Annoyingly enough, I've never run into a wild shining pokemon. My first, and only shining pokemon is that Gyarados.
    same thing, I have never run into a shiny. Although when I start looking out for them, I start finding them everywhere, and I catch them, only to find out they were not shinys lol

Found 2 shinies in emerald; Lairon and Duskull. Killed them both. The first shiny I caught was the shiny Gyarados, and that doesn't really count imo.

The best Funktastic~!'s Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Follow Funktastic~! On Twitter
    Follow Funktastic~! on Tumblr

The first one that I ever encountered in a game was a shiny Suicune in Crystal. Unfortunately my brother fainted it.

The first one I ever caught was a shiny Spinda in Ruby. I forgot to apply Repel and then bam. Spinda.

I found a shiny Petilil while just wandering around the forest area of Victory Road in White 2. I'm surprised I didn't freak out very much...

I remember catching that shiny Red Gyarados back in the day and i remember countless grinding to level up other pokemons for the elite four and i have yet to catch an actual shiny besides the red gyarados which is sad but eh ive been searching ever since too in every game i play and havent seen or caught any so my luck is kinda meh... I'm sure if i ever caught a shiny i would probably set my 3DS or gameboy aside and just dance lol
    Trainer: Pikachu! use your bolt... of lightning..
    Pikachu: PIK A PI!!!!

My FC's are
    Black: 1937 2013 7696
    Black 2: 0777 5286 2008
    3DS/Pokemon Y: 1161 0913 2592

My first was a shiny Tentacruel that I caught while surfing somewhere on Gold.

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first shiny other than the obligatory Red Gyarados was a Pidgey on Route 37 in Silver. This happened at a time when I had no idea that Pokemon other than Gyarados could be found with an alternate colour, so I was astounded as well as delighted when I came across it. After catching it, I insisted that anybody with Gold or Silver searched that route as they would eventually find a gold-coloured Pidgey. However, I found a shiny Geodude in Rock Tunnel a few months later, which was enough confirmation that there was a shiny version of every Pokemon and that finding them was purely down to chance. Both of these Pokemon were lost many years ago when my save file corrupted, but since then I have found many shiny Pokemon in my games (the majority of which, regrettably, I have erased).
    "My Dream..."

Blog Entries

The very first Shiny I ever caught was actually the first Pokemon I caught in Silver over a decade ago... a Hoothoot.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Add Moonsorrow on Facebook

The first I found was a Kakuna in Gold, but fainted it, the first one I caught was a Gloom in Sapphire, and luck didn't betray me because it was on the Safari Zone

Watch as I ooze power! Magical Doughnut's Avatar

Even though I am unlucky in every other place, somehow I keep finding shiny Pokemon. My first was when I got Heart Gold for my birthday back in 2010, I was going to pick Totodile, but when I got to the point where I pick my starter, the Cyndaquil was shiny, so I obviously chose it instead, after nearly freaking out in excitement.
    Last edited by Magical Doughnut; 17th June 2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Organization
    ALLONS-Y!!!

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuckyZero View Post
    I remember catching that shiny Red Gyarados back in the day and i remember countless grinding to level up other pokemons for the elite four and i have yet to catch an actual shiny besides the red gyarados which is sad but eh ive been searching ever since too in every game i play and havent seen or caught any so my luck is kinda meh... I'm sure if i ever caught a shiny i would probably set my 3DS or gameboy aside and just dance lol
    I Ditto you, except I have trade shinies. (Shiny Eevee and shiny Amoongus)

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I finally got (a real, non-Lake of Rage Gyarados) one!

A shiny Seaking in Black 2. I don't even remember where in Unova, but it was a couple of weeks ago, while I was working on my living Pokédex.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Caught a shiny finneon in Diamond. Woot. Later traded it away for a shiny Pelipper. I also traded a Ditto for a shiny Braviary, and it's become my favorite Gen V pokemon.

My first shiny was a shiny whismer in sapphire. Since then, I've encountered 4 more shiny Pokémon; wingull (Sapphire), nincada (sapphire), zubat (sapphire) and a rhyhorn (fire red).
    The shiny wingull I was unable to catch because it was before you battled your rival for the first time and you didn't have pokéballs yet. Since the hoenn era, I haven't encountered anymore shinies even though I've encountered 20000+ pokémon. :(

Blog Entries

Follow Starman125 on Tumblr Visit Starman125's Youtube Channel

First Shiny I ever caught? Ditto in FireRed. (this was way back when I was my young screw-up self who used a Master Ball on a Metapod and didn't even know what shinies were) I encountered it in Cerulean Cave and thought "oh, that must be a rare pokémon" so I decided to weaken it and catch it.
    Pokémon Black FC: 3310-4605-2645

Pokémon White 2 FC: 1979-8960-3469

Due to recent time-related inconveniences, trades with me now have to be scheduled. If your time zone isn't Pacific, you must say what your time zone is, in order to schedule a cross-time zone trade.

I have some Pokémon boxed away that are infected with Pokérus. If you'd like to have one infected with the virus too, let me know.