Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 112

Page 112 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1912
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny was a Gloom, and almost immediately after Gloom, I caught a shiny Marill. I was so excited, but had no clue as to why I caught them. I evolved Gloom into Bellosum many times, not knowing if I should keep it or not. I think I saved over the game where I had them though.

Scholar of Arcane Arts ShoggothJr's Avatar

My first shiny was a Zubat in Emerald I think. I evolved it into a Crobat and it turned out to be the best pokemon in my party. Since then Crobat is my favorite pokemon.

chill out

Mine was a sharpedo in ruby. i started that game over so its gone but all my other shinys are safe and transferred. The one after was a golbat who is now a crobat that i still have in my white 2.

Blog Entries

Training Happiny in diamond. Suddenly, wild pelliper appears! It's green! I didn't know what a shiny was! I was freaked out!
    Also, a wizard has cursed me to put ! at the end of my sentences!

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

My first legit shiny was a buizel. It was in Pokemon Pearl, I was just randomly training my Piplup at Valley Windworks then BAM! a shiny buizel shows up. I was all "oh wow a shiny." I hit it until its hp bar was yellow then I pondered whether I could risk another pound, I wanted its hp to be red because "healthy pokemon can escape from their pokeballs" and I really hated wasting pokeballs back then. It fainted, though. But even if I had caught it, I wouldn't have it right now anyway because the only reason I wanted to catch it in the first place was "I could trade it for a really rare pokemon at the GTS because it's shiny" so yeah...
    looking back that was the stupidest idea ever, I'm just all

I really wish I could let go of that "I hate wasting pokeballs" mentality because it makes me miss some good catches. It nearly made me miss the Riolu in BW2, I used up like seven pokeballs on it and I was just so angry at it like "stop wasting my pokeballs, I hate you" and I pondered whether I could just run away and find another one, I'm glad I didn't and decided to try throwing more pokeballs. So yeah, I hope now I won't care about wasting pokeballs and I'll just chuck one after the other until I catch stuff.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, so my first shiny was in Black 2. Eeyup. Since I didn't get into Pokemon until I was 10 (which is an awesome coincidence considering the fact that children become trainers at the age of 10) and I'm several months from being 13, I was too busy with the 5th Gen games to play any Gen 4 games (I couldn't play gens 1-3 because I only had a DSi). So therefore, I've never EVER gotten a shiny Gyarados. Just felt like clearing that up.

So I was simply walking around in that one place where Terrakion first appears. So I calmly walked up to it and made sure that I had a lot of Pokeballs and then talked to it. Then the battle started. First was the short silhouette of the legendary, and then out of nowhere, his horns were RED. Then I immediately closed by DSi (don't worry, I didn't turn it off) and paced in and out of my bedroom muttering "oh my god" over and over. Then after that I rushed to the computer to check if the shiny was supposed to happen, like the Gyarados in the Lake of Rage. Turns out mine was a genuine shiny. Then I went back to the game and threw a quick ball, it didn't work. I was afraid that if I attack Terrakion, it might end up as an instant K.O. so I threw my Master Ball.

Then when I went to school the next day to tell all of my poke-nerds that my first shiny also happened to be a legendary, they all wanted to kill me.

Then I remembered back when I was 11, there was this kid who caught every legendary and all of them were shiny. He said that it was pure luck, but I just thought, "Bitch, please. You totally cheated." and now I think, "I'M the one who had pure luck!"

Ugh... I feel like a bragging idiot now...
    UnovaCastaway likes this.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

My first shiny was red gyrados, in soul silver (I've never played gold, silver or crystal). Then in the same game, there I was, grinding in victory road when...
    A shiny Ryhorn appeared! Nice to see the game rewarding me for my efforts.
    I haven't found any since.
    Smart enough to use forth in the wrong context
    Claims: Metagross and Travis Touchdown

I was on that route near Snowpoint City in Pokemon Diamond. In that patch of grass next to that little house where you can heal, I randomly ran into a Shiny Snover.

Visit Slax_Vice86's Youtube Channel

Oh, it was a beautiful golden Poochyena in Sapphire. Nobody in school knew what a shiny pokémon was, only that it was cool and the fact that I got one was special.
    Oddly enough, the save got deleted. After crying a little, I eventually took another try at the same cartridge, and would find a shiny Tentacool. Now knowing what a shiny was, I treasured it.

...but, without noticing, I threw the game to the garbage. I still regret it.
    And since then, the only shinys I got to catch were Red Gyarados...

I found a shiny Bellsprout when I was young, but didn't have any Pokéballs on me. I knew it was a shiny and had a monumental moment of panic and had to kill it. The next time I'd find one was in Soul Silver. I found a Shiny Pidgey. I panicked again this time, but had Pokeballs, and caught it.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The first shiny I ever used was my sister's Girafarig. My first shiny was a Pokeradar'd Starly (I was actually looking for a Shinx) on the 2nd of the chain! I was so excited. I only encountered a shiny normally in Silver. It was a shiny Paras in a Nuzlocke and it took forever to catch.

I won't count the red Gyarados since we probably all caught that one. My real first shiny came years later; in a time where I started to consider shiny pokemon a myth. Sure I had seen the red gyarados, ofcourse I read posts on the Internet about shinies and maybe even saw a few videos. But if you play trough Silver, Emerald and pearl with playtime ranking in the 200-300 hours if not more and the only shiny you encounter is that one Gyarados in the lake of rage, yeah then you'd doubt the excistence of shinies as well. Untill the moment I played Platinum. I was training in the Snowpoint temple and suddenly I get into a random golbat. Before I can say; 'Not again.' I suddenly notice the golbat is green. Well, that was a shock!

Follow Vulli on Tumblr Visit Vulli's Youtube Channel

Hrm. I consider Carvanha to be my first shiny. I was trying to find Feebas in Sapphire, and went to that place where it's always raining, and it happened to not be this time. So I thought 'wow maybe this is something special I'm gonna get a feebas!' Ended up running into a shiny Carvanha, instead. At the time I and the other kids at my school referred to shinies as 'albino' pokemon, so I named him ALBINO.
    The end.

( I still have to google to see how to spell Carvanha ;___; )

Also had gotten a shiny metapod in silver, but don't remember when that happened. Didn't really know it was special and the metapod's lost now. Also ran into a shiny drowzee in the same game, but killed it instead aha. Chain'd for a shiny snubbull, ran into a shiny Bibarel in the Great Marsh, and uhhh when I was in 4th grade, traded a mewtwo for a shiny machop.
    I have about 30 or so shinies now.

A couple of years ago I got around two.
    I haven't legitly got a shiny since 2011.

I encountered and caught a shiny Golbat in my Ruby years ago, not knowing why he was different colour :D That's the only shiny pokémon found just thanks to luck