Your first shiny. How? when? where? - Page 106
Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1926

Thread: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Default Re: Your first shiny. How? when? where?

My first shiny (other than red Gyarados) was a Flaaffy found on Route 43 in Pokemon Gold. Eventually evolved it all the way to an Ampharos and was my fave for quite a while.

...I haven't encountered a shiny since. That was more than ten years ago. :I
    Friend Codes:
    0261 7009 8469 (Diamond)
    5415 3881 0037 (White)

My first shiny was a oddish of all things...

Mine other than the gyrados was a floatzel in. I had one of the stat trainers with me and she almost killed it but I got in time and I still saw more shinies after that

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

My first shiny was a Cubchoo. I just caught it this morning! Not as excited as I thought I'd be, though.

Garchomp is adorable randomuniq's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow randomuniq On Twitter
    Follow randomuniq on Tumblr

I hatched myself a shiny Cleffa :) That is it. But I did mistake a Sentret for being shiny in LG. It was really chocolate brown in Crystal and when I saw that Kanto had really beige Sentret, I was like YAYAY SHINEEEEYYYYY. *spaz out moment* took me a while to figure out that it wasn't shiny because when it came out of the ball, it was normal. >.>

I hear it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

My first encounter with a shiny was in 2006 when I surfed into a golden magikarp on LeafGreen. But, the stupid dumbass I was, had no Pokéballs with me. The second encounter I had with a shiny was 4 weeks ago. A shiny Abra to be precise, on Platinum. It's now a proud lvl 100 Alakazam.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

My first (and to this moment only, though I haven´t played a lot since) was Golbat in Saphire, while training inside Victory road.
    Since that moment, I don´t dislike any of Zubat´s evolutionary line :)

Blog Entries

My first was a Shiny Shinx that I encountered a few weeks ago while heading towards a swarm. Now on Black and is a level 65 Luxray.

I've also proudly managed to Masuda all pre-Gen V pseudo-legendaries in one day, under 150 eggs each. Which makes up for the 700 eggs, still no shiny Ralts.

Quote Originally Posted by randomuniq View Post
    I hatched myself a shiny Cleffa :) That is it. But I did mistake a Sentret for being shiny in LG. It was really chocolate brown in Crystal and when I saw that Kanto had really beige Sentret, I was like YAYAY SHINEEEEYYYYY. *spaz out moment* took me a while to figure out that it wasn't shiny because when it came out of the ball, it was normal. >.>
    The same thing happens when I see a sentret. Every time :S

Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

My first shiny not counting the Red Gyarados, was a Weedle in Silver Version. But I thought it was a glitch and I ran away from it. My next Shiny encounter also in Silver version, was a Pinsir at a Bug catching contest. By this time (a few months after the weedle) I knew shinies were special pokemon after my cousin explained it to me. I literally shouted "A SPECIAL PINSIR!!!" I caught it and won. :P

My next shiny encounter was in Sapphire when I ran into a shiny Makuhita and I caught it. During another Sapphire run, I ran into a shiny Electrike. I caught it and my shiny Manectric was my main sweeper, I ended up using it more than my Swampert. :D

Oddly enough, I haven't seen any shinies in my Diamond or White playthroughs.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

Like everyone else, Red Gyarados. However, I remember my little brother and I were playing our Ruby and Sapphire Versions, and he found a shiny Swablu. We were both like geeking out because we only heard of such things from our friends. He caught it back then, and I just transferred it to my White version yesterday. My only shiny was a Diglett, which honestly isn't even that cool looking because it just has a blue nose. Hopefully I'll find another.

My first shiny, aside from the obligatory Red Gyarados in Gold, was an East Gastrodon. I was just mashing the A button, as I was leveling one of my Pokémon up, and wasn't looking at the screen. When I hear the sparkle sound, I look down, very slowly, and noticed that the color of the Pokémon was a little bit lighter than it should. Gastrodon isn't a bad Pokémon, but come on! A Gastrodon?! I don't even use it, and I hate its cry.

My second shiny Pokémon was a Roselia, and I've got to admit that it's the only shiny Pokémon I've liked so far. It looks very cool with those black and purple roses. The only thing is that I caught it with an Ultra Ball and now I hate that. Now, I catch all my Pokémon with standard Poké Balls to make it look more in order.

My third shiny Pokémon was a Wailmer. I was so disappointed. My favorite color is blue, and no, I had to get the purple whale. The thing looks like freaking Barney. Anyway, it is now a Level 70 Wailord and I caught it with an Ultra Ball too.

And my fourth shiny Pokémon was a stupid Bidoof. That day, I swore my game was seriously trolling me.

All of them were caught in my Diamond version. I have yet to find a shiny Pokémon in HeartGold or Black (well, in HeartGold I found the Red Gyarados, but that doesn't really count).

Some Random Trainer QwertMuenster's Avatar

Found a shiny Zubat in LeafGreen, at the Rock Tunnel. Thinking it was a glitch, I ran away. DOH!
    Randomly found a shiny Numel in Emerald, Route 112. It's now a Camerupt in my White. :)
    Then in my Diamond, found a Shiny Graveler in the GTS, I got it, and naturally, it evolved into a Golem.
    Not gonna include my Red Gyarados for obvious reasons.
    Last one was the Shiny Pichu from the event, later evolved into Pikachu, and then Raichu.

The only legit shiny I ever had was a Trapinch on the desert above Mauville. I still couldn't find any other shinies. :D

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I found a shiny Bellsprout in Gold Version, back on that route leading to Violet City. I caught it... but since it was on Gold Version, I couldn't transfer it to future games. And I never came across another shiny Pokemon after that incident many years ago.