Your Favourite Rival

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite rival?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue

4 12.90%
  • Silver

9 29.03%
  • May/Brendan

2 6.45%
  • Wally

3 9.68%
  • Barry

2 6.45%
  • Cheren

0 0%
  • Bianca

4 12.90%
  • Hugh

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Your Favourite Rival

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Your Favourite Rival

Who is your favourite rival, including Hugh from B2W2?

Mine is Hugh. He's the only rival with a backstory, (eg. his sister's Purrloin was stolen by Team Plasma five years ago, and as he couldn't rescue it because he was too young, he hates Team Plasma) and so he actually has a motive for doing the things he does. The only problem I have with him is that you don't battle him nearly enough, though I guess you do have quite a few tag battles with him.

Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

Default Re: Your Favourite Rival

Mine would have to be either Silver, Barry, or Hue.

Really, that leaves Gary, and I just don't like him as much. I don't have much of a reason

Blog Entries

I'm liking Hugh so far. I'm not that far into the game but I'm sure I'll like him more when I find out more about him.

As for the games I have finished, I'd have to choose Barry as my favorite comic relief rival and Silver for my favorite serious rival, but that's mostly because of the end when he started to change his ways (in the remakes at least.)

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I like Hugh a lot. He has an actual real motive and something that kind of drives him which I like to see in a rival. I also think he's kinda funny with his whole "unleashing his rage" thing. I just had to laugh at that.

Add Chiss on Facebook

I chose Silver for my favorite because he has an awesome team and also because he's one of the only people in the games that physically harasses you.
    Kira Akigari likes this.

Gary. you killed his raticate(that's real drive not a lil girl's pussycat) then beat him right when he got the championship title and had to tell his own grandfather his own name ahhaahhahaha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Who is your favourite rival, including Hugh from B2W2?

Mine is Hugh. He's the only rival with a backstory, (eg. his sister's Purrloin was stolen by Team Plasma five years ago, and as he couldn't rescue it because he was too young, he hates Team Plasma) and so he actually has a motive for doing the things he does. The only problem I have with him is that you don't battle him nearly enough, though I guess you do have quite a few tag battles with him.
    Hmm I have not yet played Black 2 or white 2 in fact I have not yet played White, but this character sounds VERY interesting. I already like him.

To make a choice out of the ones I am familiar with however, I like Silver and his douchbagginess and I like Bianca of B/W. I like the idea of her because she is a unique character having discovered that she's not cut out to be a league trainer but kept her chin up and found something else to do with her pokemon(being a bodyguard).

"All of this sight, I can't believe I couldn't see. Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me."

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably Silver or Wally. I like Silver because a tough jerkwad, and I like Wally because he's adorkable.

Blog Entries
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

I'd have to say Paul. I hated that guy, but to be honest that's what made him so good as a rival. You just always wanted to beat the hell out of him and shut him up. Next up would be Gary, cause he's a classic AND he becomes champion :D what better way to challenge your old rival

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

I like how in the first two, your rivals were complete dicks to you and then after that they were all your friends. What happened? xD

Wally is sickly and you are a monster for killing his Pokemon over and over :P
    I don't remember anything about Sinnoh...I really don't. Played through about a year ago and didn't pay attention (I got it the same time I got White, so yeah)
    Bianca and Cheren are annoying as hell, but they are your character's friends.
    Hugh isn't exactly your friend, but he's on your side. He's not a dick. I liked him quite a bit.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Gary because he becomes the champion - he actually achieves his goal. I like how we are made to fight our rival ultimately in the end.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy2A View Post
    I'd have to say Paul. I hated that guy, but to be honest that's what made him so good as a rival. You just always wanted to beat the hell out of him and shut him up. Next up would be Gary, cause he's a classic AND he becomes champion :D what better way to challenge your old rival
    Dude On the game
    Paul was never in the games

Silver
    He is the only rival to have an really interesting backstory and having a boss of a criminal organization as a father

Follow theRagingEwok On Twitter

Since I've only played Gen 3 onwards (sadface), I have to say,
    Wally was really annoying - his inclusion just didn't seem very serious.
    Cheren was overly obsessive about power, so much so that he didn't even seem to have any friendly connection to me.
    May was slightly better, but still annoying.
    And I felt bad about beating Bianca since every time I beat her she'd just become depressed and talk to me about where her life was going.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Barry. He's such a fun rival. I can't explain it but he's so likable.

Follow flamewarflipsides On Twitter Add flamewarflipsides on Facebook

You know, if N doesn't count, I'm going to have to say Hugh. He's got all the jerk traits we love about Blue and Silver, but they're directed in a completely good, moral direction. That is, rather than being a bad person who happens to fight the same villainous team as you, he's a good person with some rather glaring character flaws. I also love his recurring line about unleashing his rage. It's supposed to sound cool, but it comes off as cheesy. I was in stitches the first time he said it.

Before Hugh came along, I was rather partial to Bianca and Wally, since they're both fundamentally nice, kind people who just so happen to want to pokemon battle the daylights out of you. I particularly identified with Wally, since I'm very sickly and wasn't allowed to do much as a child. I also trained a Gardevoir.

I do like the character development Cheren has gotten in BW2, though. I didn't like him at all in BW1, but now I'm quite fond of him. They've done a really good job of showing him mature from a mildly annoying kid with tunnel vision to a well-rounded person. And before you hate on me for bashing Cheren, I'd still rather have BW1 Cheren than many of my students.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast