Your favorite Pokemon game?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Pokemon game?

Type 4 Chi-To Best Tank Barfing Ogres's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Your favorite Pokemon game?

Well, I looked and didn't see a thread like this so I'm going with that one doesn't exist.

That said the title says it all, which game is your favorite be main series or a spin off and why?

I'm in a 3 way tie with Emerald, Platinum, and PMD Explorers of Sky. Emerald was my first game I played extensively, Platinum renewed my love of the series after a brief hiatus and raised my first lvl 100, and PMD:EoS has the feels. Seriously, who didn't cry when you beat that game?

Discuss
    Origin: The Rising

While the forces of the Zann Consortium and Silri's Red Storm fight the deadliest shadow war in the known galaxy, Origin, the solar system that gave rise to humanity is locked in a massive power struggle between the Grineer, the Corpus, the Infested, the Tenno, and other various groups. But the Void, a place of mystery since its discovery by the ancient Orokin holds secrets of its own, including a pocket of space and time we have come to know as the world of Pokémon.

Default Re: Your favorite Pokemon game?

Hmm, mine would have to be Pokemon Red my first ever, and Emerald. The 3rd Gen games were some of my favorites, can't wait for Omega & Alpha to come out. Also curious as to whether Delta Emerald is going to be a thing.

Blog Entries

Pokémon Black/White, no contest. I think these games have the best story, the best Region, the best characters, and the best Pokémon pool of the entire series, introducing 156 completely new Pokémon (even more than 1st Gen did)! The features were dwarfed by the sequels, Black/White 2, but that always happens. The gameplay they do have is solid as it is anyway! It introduced the always animated Pokémon and made things much more smooth, alongside all the needed features from the previous entries.

The only thing that’d make these games perfect would be a Battle Frontier, but I don’t care much to be frank. Everything else in Black/ White is perfect! It surpasses the previous games in establishing the setting, character, and story, by a long shot. Every single thing in these games stroke my chords so wondefully ~ Black/White 2 was good only because Black/White was backing up their plot. On its own, it just can’t compare, in any way beyond the superior gameplay.

Black/White were so damn good, they went beyond my favorite Pokémon games and became my second most favorite game of all times! So yeah, it will always be my favorite game in the entire series.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Mine has to be Crystal, loved being able to get 16 badges and being able to battle Red. The unknowns were great too as were the 3 dogs, still play it to this day.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Black, hands down. Everything about this game was amazing: the plot, the characters, the villains, even the Pokemon. It gave me my two favorite Pokemon and was by far the best game I have ever played. It will always be my favorite Pokemon game.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

"Through the shadows..." Ninja Boy Alpha's Avatar

Gold and Silver, because we got to go to Kanto, and see it updated, slightly.

Pokemon Yellow is my favorite for nostalgia and fanboy bias for Pikachu. I even went back and did a solo Pikachu run of it, nothing more satisfying than beating people like Brock, Giovanni, and Gary with just him. Also the fan service based on the anime was nice since I love the anime, great seeing Jessie and James and facing a Lt Surge who uses only Raichu. The mechanics and everything is hopelessly outdated now but this game will always be my favorite.

White, or Ruby.

I'd fallen in love with Red in 1998, and counted down the days 'til Silver with baited breath, but Ruby was the first game I properly sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours into. It's also got a decent story, I love the idea of two sparring teams (Magma remains my favourite!), beautiful environments, interesting Pokémon... and, although I didn't realise it at the time, cutting off previous evolution families was a great idea, as it made the game feel distinct from its predecessors in a way it might not have with their full cast plus extras. I like the mix of rare pokemon and common pokemon, and it felt like they were packed with hidden treasures. The quest for the Regis, loads of rare pokemon, that bloody Feebas. I also missed the build-up - Pokémon fell by the wayside, for me, between 1999 and 2003, so I had the joy of playing it without knowing the Pokédex. A Tropius would pop up apropos of nothing and I'd go "What the blazes is that?" Great feeling. Like I was properly exploring.

I'm sure there's at least a glint of nostalgia in preferring Ruby, but with less interesting environments, a rubbish team, an abundance of boring legendaries and a less inspired haul of new Pokémon, Pearl did not quite capture my heart the same way. I liked it, and I again went in unspoiled, so that was nice, but it just didn't quite do the trick.

White was a proper innovation. They looked at every single Pokémon trope, everything they'd taken for granted, and if they could think of a way to make it better, they did. I loved the brand new Pokédex, I loved the feeling of being in a distant country, the villainous team weren't the very best but they were good enough, the Gym Leaders had characters and a presence in the world, and... hey! The Pokémon League was relevant to the plot! So much more than just a reskin. The sharpest, cleverest Pokémon game, and the most inventive since Gen I. BW2 were good, too, but they didn't quite hit the same sweet spot. Didn't have that newness or that smartness, relied a little more on the old clichés. PWT was great, though.

Red Hot Gym Leader Flannery's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Red. Because it was my first.

In terms of modern, Heart Gold. Because nostalgia for GSC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Crystal then Yellow/Soul Silver tied on 2nd place.

Crystal cause it is first pokemon game where we can play as a girl. Yellow cause I can get all starters from kanto in one game. Soul Silver cause I love gen 2 and I can play as girl here and have Vulpix.
    I have no puppy-eyes and as selfish as a cat.
    But who can resist this cheekiness >:3.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

My top 3 are
    The Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy Color - I don't play Pokemon trading card games but this one grabbed my attention. I really wish there'll be a sequel to 3DS coming.
    Pokemon Black2/White2 - is my all time favorite game from the main series. It had great additional features like Join Avenue and the Pokemon tournaments.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - is my all time favorite from the Mystery Dungeon Series. Sometimes I find this game much more enjoyable than the main games.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

I honestly have to say SoulSilver is my favorite.

Why?

It may have been truly my first pokemon game that I owned, but something about it made me love it more than all the other Pokemon games I now have. Is it the music? Is it the fact that Pokemon actually walked beside me? Is it because of that epic battle I had against Red? I really don't know, but I love SoulSilver a lot. I did so much in it with my first official team.
    We conquered the Pokeathlon to together, I almost cried when I saw the statues of my 3 Pokemon made it all the way into that room. I collected all the Golden Leaves with my starter, Typhlosion. I really felt that we had an awesome bond as a team when we did it in 1 day. I remember how Ursaring made it into my team, by total accident. I caught him because I never saw one in the game, and I forgot that I had one empty slot left. I entered the League, and he survived well against Bruno, which surprised me, and I warmly welcomed him to the team as the final member.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess thinking about it really brought back some really nice memories of the awesome time I had playing SoulSilver.

And then I also love Pokemon Black as well.

What a story. What a soundtrack. It deserves a spot at second place.
    Last edited by PyroPokeman; 13th June 2014 at 07:00 PM.

Pokemon Platinum, hands down. ♥
    Not only was it my first game and what got me drawn into this amazing franchise, but to me, it was the best region, had the best team (But Team Plasma is only a sliver behind), best legendaries (Palkia, Dialga, Darkrai, Arceus, Giratina=♥), the best Professor (Go Rowan!), and so on, so forth. xD.
    Everything in that game is per perfection, (to me, atleast), and it will always continue to be my favorite. ♥
    Now...Black/White are my second favorites. I absolutely adored Unova and the awesome story with Team Plasma and N and such. ;D The region as a whole was amazing. ♥

I love all the games, don't get me wrong, but Platinum/Black/White/ are the ones that I adore the most. :3
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth. :)
    Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life. <3

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Ranger 2. I've always had a much larger liking for the series over any of the main series games. For the main series, my favorite is Pokemon Crystal. It's the game I've played the most and it's the one I started with.

Blog Entries

HeartGold. No doubt about it. Ho-oh + Johto + Typhlosion = WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast