You are the Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You are the Champion

Blog Entries

Default You are the Champion

You need to be able to actually become the champion after beating him! You could continue on with the postgame, just show up at the Pokemon League and enter the amount of challengers you would like to face. Of course, you could still challenge the Elite Four as a regular contenstant. Any thoughts or ideas on this?
    Last edited by DCM; 14th March 2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: made the title more clear

VICTORRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!

Thank to Arkeis.com for the awesome sprites!

Blog Entries

Default Re: One thing I continue to want

They could at least change some of the dialog... like having random townspeople recognize you as the champion, etc

But I agree that it could be a plot point they expand on... similar to how there is a post-champion challenge in HGSS (Red) there could be a series of strong trainers that show up at.... your house or something looking to battle you

I couldn't agree more. I'm still disappoionted from that first time I beat the Elite 4 in Kanto and to my horror I discovered that nobody was going to acknowledge me as the new champion.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

I think it would be an interesting concept to consider. The way it is now, virtually nothing changes when you beat the Champion.

Blog Entries

Visit The Miniryu's Youtube Channel

Plus, In Gen V N beats Alder (Making Him Champion) Then You beat N (Making you Champ) yet post-game, Alder is Champion!!
    The wind howls...The rain pours...A figure appears in the darkness...The Minryu approaches..............

Add Okamidna on Facebook
    Follow Okamidna on Tumblr

that would be cool. its kinda weird in FR and stuff:
    Blue: 'im the most powerfull trainer in the world!'
    me: 'but..but...i just beat you!'

Blog Entries

Since this is exclusively about game functionality, I'm going to move it to the Video Games section.

To me, the Champion has always seemed like a very political position of power. Ever since Lance in Gen 2, we've seen the champion go around and act as some sort of force against evil in the respective region. Steven and Cynthia both seem to have a considerable amount of influence on people and especially over the Elite 4 and the Gym Leaders, almost like they have a sort of professional "boss" relationship. Alder is a strange case, as it seems he was missing for a long time before the whole Team Plasma thing, but upon his return he seems to also be in some kind of position of power.

I like to think that, after you become champion, the former champ asks your player character if he is willing to accept the responsibilities of becoming the champion, including all the decisions and political ties that would go along with that, and your character just says "Nah, I'd rather explore the region and catch as many Pokemon as I can while I'm still young." Either that, or they just humor him and say "Alright, you're the champion, good job! :) Now run along and let us get back to serious matters."

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    They could at least change some of the dialog... like having random townspeople recognize you as the champion, etc
    But doesn't the lil kid in PLatinum know you?
    If I remember correctly, going to great march or pal park, there are people that seem to know the player.
    In wasn't there a game where one person wanted to shake your hand?
    Was that in R/S/E, or am I badly mistaken.

Then again, no idea it the dialogues have changed after beating the game,
    or have they just some magical way known you the whole time.

But I'd DEFINITELY would want to see this kinda thing in the future games.
    People recognizing you, wanting to battle with you, trade with you, etc, etc.
    And it'd DEFINITELY be good idea to change the Pokemon League trainers dialogue too.
    This way it seems like nothings changed.

Regarding to that; anyone thinks that this is how it goes:
    You: - Oh YeAH! Take that!
    (Former) Champ: ...I...I LOST?!
    You: I guess I'm the new champion then!
    (Former) Champ: ...Say...Would you need some cash? *hands the victory money*
    You: ...Is this a bribe?
    (Former) Champ: Bha-ha...Bribe, of COURSE NOT...Eh-eh-eh...

Or maybe that hall of fame thing isn't what it's suposed to be.
    Maybe when activated, it deletes the memories of the champion fight from minds of everyone all over the region?

Yeah...Logic...Some use it, some do not.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Default Re: You are the Champion

I simply edited the title so the thread would be more clear. carry on.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've always thought that was weird, too. Of course, it means you can challenge the league as many times as you want rather than having to defend your title, so...it doesn't make sense, but it's probably easier to program.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

The Lark Ascending. Jimiinthesky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would LOVE it if you were actually acknowledged as the champion afterwards, it would be cool if like, you could still walk around and do whatever you wanted, but people respected you, like when you battled trainers, instead of 'feel the power of my flying pokemon!' it would be 'Your that champion! WOW!' or somthing :D
    also, it would be cool if like, randomly you got challenged, you'd get a call from the elite four to let you know a challenger has been beaten, and you had to fly to the elite four to defend your title. If you lose you have to re-challenge the elite four and champion. :)

Blog Entries

I wish becoming the champion had some visible effect, even if it is as minor as dialogue changing during battles as people recognize you as the champion but the ability to battle strong trainers in a battle tower like sequence would be nice too.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Very Fine Dodger
    Blog Entries

I wish that the game gives some aknowledgement to becoming the champion. Although if I remember correctly, there is a fan club in FireRed LeafGreen that praises you.
    I have dodged many things, but that is not why I am a dodger. I just like wearing striped shirts.

They should make it so that after you have beaten the E4 + Champion you could get called by a rival trainer or previous elite 4 champion or even elite 4 trainers/gym leaders looking to take over your title.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast