Are you a Casual or Competitive Pokemon Player? - Page 9

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are you a Casual or Competitive Pokemon Player?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Are you a Casual or Competitive Pokemon Player?

I am a casual player. Never got into the competitive battles since it mostly uninteresting to me.

I'm mostly a casual player, but I'd say I'm also kind of competitive because, although I don't IV or EV train and just use the Pokemon I like, I try to level them up and make them as tough as possible. You don't have to IV or EV train in order to be a competitive battler, or at least that's my opinion. You just have to train hard and bring out your Pokemon's strength. I don't know how to IV or EV train anyway, so there's that too xD

contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Casual, but I like having beneficial natures and EV training just a little. My Pokemon would never survive in the competitive world anyway. XD
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Are your a Casual or Competitive Pokemon Player?

I am a casual player. I seriously don't care if my Chim Chim is not fit for competitive battles because I play for fun! I also love Serperior, Samurott and some other "Never Used" Pokémon with a passion. When I tried playing competitive, I got so annoyed that my some of my favourites "sucked". I'd much rather use favourites for fun and enjoyment than use Pokémon I don't really like so I can be the "best".
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm more of a casual player, because of the whole EV and IV thing. In my opinion, they are an unneccessary addition that normal players possibly don't know about, and, even then, I don't want to waste my time trying to make a Pokemon "perfect" because I might make a mistake or something. Finally, it makes the competitive scene not fun for me, as I constantly lost to those who did said training. Wrap things up, if EV's and IV's didn't exist, I'd probably be a competitive player.

Visit songokucrazy's Youtube Channel

i play for fun COMPETITIVELY, you can still play for fun even if you're playing competitively i always use whatever i actually want to use but they're always ev trained and all that

I find that doing ev training and reducing the game to simple math takes away the fun and the magic... which makes me a casual player. I like to rely on instinct to raise my Pokemon... if I use any help, it can't be based on numbers.

Blog Entries

Casual. I tried playing competitively, but I ran into so many problems, I gave up.

- Reducing the game of Pokémon to code and numbers made it less fun for me, and less of a game.
    - Worrying about EVs, IVs, and breeding to get it right was stressful, boring, and a load of work.
    - Most of my favorite Pokémon aren't the most powerful in the game. A level 100 Pichu still isn't going to win a competitive battle.
    - Most Pokémon with the best stats are Legendaries. They are hard to come by, and people want to trade them for stuff I want to keep. I want all my Legendaries and event Pokémon, and will only trade a shiny for something better.
    - I can't think of a good strategy. I know that most if not all strategies have a weakness, and if I try to go with a bunch of all-around Pokémon, that'll be hard too, because of the reason stated above: hard to get.
    - I feel that the strongest Pokémon are overused to an extreme, and they're not all my favorites. I'd rather use a Pokémon I like.
    - Most powerful non-legendaries are Dragons, and I'm not fond of their weakness to Ice, especially Dragonite and Garchomp.
    - A lot of powerful Pokémon aren't visually appealing. I don't like Dragonite as much as Dragonair, and Aggron is in no way cute.

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I am pretty casual. To be honest I kinda dislike the whole competitive thing. I just want to play the game and use the Pokemon I really want, not just what wins a battle. I have tried competitive though and do try sometimes to pay attention to Natures. I've also EV trained Pokemon just because. I have the Effort Ribbon on Scyther in Soul Silver and would like to EV train my Shiny Lugia and maybe give it some new moves just because, I figure it would be the best it can be. I do also occasionally play on Battle Simulators and make practice teams.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Competitive. I like to make the best team I can for the battle tower. I don't do online battles very often though, I prefer just playing on my DS.
    maglev is invisible

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm somewhere in between. I never do online play because I don't stand a chance. I know how to grind EVs and breed IVs, but never have. I've played in only the 2010 National Championships tournament-wise and lost in the third round, yet I'm the best in my area, and in battles against my friends, my Dragonite is kickass.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Working on competitive.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

Right now I'm a casual player, but I'm trying to become more of a competitive battler. I'm currently EV Training some Eeveelutions in my Black 2 game.

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Back then I used to be competitive(diamond), I consider myself both now. I never do online anymore.

Casual. My only goal is to beat the gyms + Elite 4. :) And it takes me many months to do so, usually, because I only play the game for a little bit here and there rather than racing through it.
    MOVEDTONINETAILS and Jenneta like this.

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast