Fletchinder (Flint) Lv. 26
    Honedge (Hexcalibur) Lv. 26
    Meowstic female Lv. 25
    Vivillon Continental Pattern Lv. 27
    Amaura Lv. 21

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Default Re: XY Travelog!

I've battled Grant and was no match for my Azumarill & Quilladin. Though I had to use a combination of Needle Arm & Leech Seed to defeat his Tyrunt (Rock Tomb + Bite hurts). Got plenty of TMs, ranging from Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk to Aerial Ace and Venoshock along the way. Right now, I'm pushing rocks via my Seviper's Strength.

My team so far :

Vivillon (Sidonie) Lvl 29
    Qulladin (Kjelle) Lvl 29
    Linoone (Jonas) Lvl 28
    Azumarill (Plue) Lvl 29
    Litleo (Mufasa) Lvl 28
    Seviper (Seviper) Lvl 23
    The Item Finder is a bit odd to use, and denies the use of the Rollers or the Bike, but at least it's good enough.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Blog Entries

Okay, I'm in Camphrier Town (actually got there yesterday, but my battery reached the end of its rope), so I just got started up again. Just did some self-trading with my X version. Current team has been updated with the addition of Panchan, Skiddo, and Litleo (took forever to find Skiddo, as I only ran into two so far). Removed all temps from team. Been in a large number of Horde Battles (Scraggy hordes are evil with all those Sand Attacks!!!). Actually had to back-track a bit to catch some Pokemon I missed (Litleo in particular, since I didn't even realize it was on Route 22, having not run into it during the initial visit). Doing a bit of exploring right now, may back-track again to try my hand at customizing my Trainer version self. Current team is as followed:

Braixen (Nina, female): Lv 28
    Fletchinder (Garr, male): Lv 25
    Skiddo (Spar, male): Lv 19
    Pancham (Rand, male): Lv 19
    Litleo (Katt, female): Lv 20
    Honedge (Fou-Lu, male): Lv 15

Pokedex: Seen 66, Obtained 34

Others recently obtained: Froakie, Furfrou, Doduo, Abra, Beedrill, Dunsparce, Bibarel, Chespin, Scraggy, Espurr, Snorlax

EDIT: Update. Caught a Honedge to add to my main team. Doing a bit of training for it. Also caught a Scraggy, Espurr and the Snorlax blocking the way to the Daycare. Will start my breeding projects for myself and others shortly, but taking bit of a break right now. That's all for now.
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 13th October 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Updated team + new catches
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

I now have a Riolu and am pitting him up against a Soothe Bag in Super Training. Is that pink bag indestructible or something?

I'm glad that by the time you see Serena in battle, she's tag-teaming with you instead of being your opponent, because over half my team is currently Fire-type and would have one hell of a time against her Frogadier. Fletchinder's pretty awesome, though, in fact I think I like its design more than Talonflame's. (And note the 11-letter name....)

Speaking of design, I can say that Braixen is the first starter that I actually dislike the design of. The Sugimori art isn't half bad, but something about the in-game model just strikes me wrong, and it just doesn't match what I would have personally imagined Fennekin's first evolution to be like anyway. I do respect that it's the strongest/core member of my team (and the twirling-stick animation for moves like Ember and Psybeam is actually kinda cool), but . . . I think it's mainly the long ear fur that creeps me out. And keeping that stick in its tail is an improper joke waiting to happen. Here's to hoping its final evolution will redeem that (no spoilers on this, please).
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Moe
    Blog Entries

Just defeated the League/Champion/AZ, a bit over 35 hours (been going pretty much non-stop since getting it at a midnight launch) - in the end I couldn't bare to evolve Pikachu and lose the 'Pika Pika' - so I'll pretend this is a remake of Yellow. Without much grinding - combined with the EXP Share early on, my levels were really high most of the way through - after I actually found the second Gym, I could knock most of them over easily.

I ended up often choosing a Pokemon that was weak to the one I was battling just to get a bit of a challenge. Having a strong Fairy type helps a lot. I also managed to finish on exactly 300 Pokemon seen in the Pokedex - I certainly liked the variety.

So my winning team was:
    Pikachu Lv74
    Florges Lv76 - I spent ages levelling up and using Amie until I gave in and looked up how to evolve it - got to level 59 before I finally got the Shiny Stone - though riding the Skiddo was well worth it.
    Blastoise Lv73 - The Mega Evolution on my team - though most of the time I just can't be bothered waiting for the animation, I haven't found an opponent where whatever changes in stats it makes would matter.
    Pyroar Lv77
    Chesnaught Lv73
    Hawlucha Lv54 - I had been using Vespiquen, but she can't learn Fly so I swapped her out for a Hawlucha - who also got Cut and Rock Smash - they can learn Strength as well.

My next goal is to fill as much of the Pokedex as I can before the Bank/Transporter is available. Got a Poliwhirl earlier and found it fun to watch food just disappear into the middle of the spiral when it ate - but I really like the detail on its skin - which looks the slightly slimey texture you'd hope for. They've done a great job with all the models.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Well, challenged Grant...and was subsequently wrecked :/

It's not that my Pokemon are underleveled, but I really have nothing SE against him. One Rock Tomb takes out my Vivillon, Helioptile is a bit lower leveled and gets taken out easily, Braixen's fire moves don't do much...

My only hope is Floette, but the grass types moves are weak and don't do much. I guess I'll just grind a bit more. Wish I could have Skrelp already :I

Fire is the answer! Random_Pyro's Avatar

Scraggy hordes are the most annoying thing I have seen in this game so far. Imagine 5 pokemon spamming sand attack, low kick, and leer over and over.

Also, I think that if you defeat a wild pokemon holding an item you automatically get that item because I just got a power herb from defeating a pancham.
    Last edited by Random_Pyro; 13th October 2013 at 11:54 AM.
    0silverphoenix likes this.

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

So I'm playing Pokémon X, and right now I'm currently in Lumiose City, getting ready to battle Clemont. This city is HUGE--I never thought we would ever get a city with more than one Pokémon Center, and yet here I am casually walking around somewhere with three of them. And the amount of cafés in this city is absurd; at one point I entered the same café about three times without realizing it until I exited... even after speaking to all of the NPCs inside each time. @__@;;

My team so far:
    Chesnaught (Chestnut, M), Lvl. 38
    Meowstic (Discoschtick, M), Lvl. 38
    Furfrou (Chouchous, F), Lvl. 40
    Amaura (Borealis, M), Lvl. 40
    Talonflame (Flameur, M), Lvl. 41
    Sylveon (Fairyodd, M), Lvl. 41
    Doublade (Kayblader, genderless), Lvl. 42
    Hawlucha (Muchalibre, M), Lvl. 41

The two extra characters that Game Freak added for nicknames are super-clutch (I am obsessed with my Meowstic's nickname, haha!). I think I might do a little more training in Restaurant Le Yeah before I take on the Lumiose Gym. I just really want Chestnut & Discoschtick to get to level 40 before I do that.

I'm really surprised at how high-leveled my Pokémon are now, considering that I have eight 'mons in rotation (which I've never done before--first time for everything!) and I haven't even gotten the fifth badge yet. I really appreciate Game Freak doing this. And it feels so natural, too--I didn't even notice how high my Pokémon's levels were until I battled one of those random trainers in the Plaza alleyways and saw that my Pokémon were about 10 levels higher than theirs.

Oh, also: I officially find Trapinch to be the most annoying Pokémon to ever exist. Those damned dugholes on Route 13 are the absolute WORST, and it just so happened I saw Trapinch like 90% of the time when those things would follow me without end. (Not sure what the encounter rate is on this route, but whatever, I think Trapinch sucks now, haha.)

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Pyro View Post
    Scraggy hordes are the most annoying thing I have seen in this game so far. Imagine 5 pokemon spamming sand attack, low kick, and leer over and over.
    Scraggies were my very first Horde battle . . . and I was SO lucky to have a Keen Eye Pidgey first out.

I also ran into a horde of Hoppip, and it was hilarious. I swapped in my Litleo then proceeded to Ember them one by one while they hit me with all of Tail Whip, Synthesis, and SPLASH. Wow, that was like real intimidating....
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Lol, nothing can be worse than a horde of Yanma. Even if you do hit first and manage to take one out, then you have to deal with:
    *Yanma's speed boost*
    "The wild Yanma's speed increased!"

Over, and over, and over...It's awful :p
    0silverphoenix and Ceiwen like this.

I just murdered each and every single Pokémon in the fighting gym with my Doublade and Alakazam! I went online and traded an Eevee I caught for an early Bergmite. Been going around almost every inch of this game so far, not to mention caught almost every single Pokémon available XD
    My stats:
    Time: 19:13
    Central: Seen 90 caught 50
    Coastal: Seen 72 caught 47
    Total: Seen 162 caught 97

My Team Now:
    Bergmite lv 34
    Charizard lv 40
    Doublade lv 39
    Alakazam lv 39
    Greninja lv 40
    Nidoking lv 32

Fire is the answer! Random_Pyro's Avatar

I just encountered a horde with 4 zangoose and 1 seviper where all of the zangoose ganged up on the seviper, the seviper bit another zangoose and made it flinch while Rob (my fletchinder) picked them off one by one without taking a single hit. It was hilarious.

Easily wears comfy shorts Ravioko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ravioko's Youtube Channel

I got the game this morning, and I JUST got my Kanto starter. While level grinding on route 5, I ran into a shiny Furfrou and succeeded in catching it. This seems to be a sign that the rest of my adventure shall be a great one.

The friend code and name on my trainer card is for my Nintendo 3DS, and should be used for communications via Pokemon X and Y

Nintendo ID - AmphiGamer

Blog Entries
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

I'm near the eighth gym and finally got a Trevenant using the Honey I got from Trevor. Also the final bout with Team Flare was kinda anti-climactic for me, but teaching Lysandre a lesson with Xerneas was real fun.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

Blog Entries

Did some more playing today and got to Parfum Palace before having to stop. I'm still at this point unsure of what team I really should focus on raising, so my team for the most part has been a bit of a bland selection for the most part. As of now, everyone's around level 16 - 18.

Team currently is,
    Quilladin
    Bunnelby
    Vivillion
    Farfetch'd
    Furfrou
    Ralts (which I'm not really using...)

I should probably think about dumping some of them soon in favor of others. Also received Bulbasaur from Sycamore, though I decided to put it into my PC, as much as I do love Bulbasaur and all...

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast