SPOILERS: XY Travelog! - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: XY Travelog!

Blog Entries

Default Re: XY Travelog!

Just played my first bit of Y today. Pretty nice start overall, I don't have a team or anything planned yet but overall a nice start to the game. Really like the Pokemon-Amie feature, Super Training though is something that's going to take me some time to get used to. But letting my first impressions aside for now, I got as far as Santalune City and am training in the routes. I should do some research in a bit...

My team is,

Chespin - level 10
    Bunnelby - level 9
    Spewpa - level 9 (Since I want to see what pattern my game will get... also it occurs to me that I did not set the region settings for my DS... I should do that)

Caught a Pikachu and Pansear as well. Might stop playing here until I actually have a team planned out though, no idea how long that will take...

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I just got my first badge (boring name for it though. I mean really, Bug Badge? :/), and my Fennekin is lv. 13 while my Fletchling is lv. 12. I hope to get some more Pokemon soon, I'm dying to catch a Litleo and a Grass type (if I decide not to use the Bulbasaur I'm going to get from Professor Sycamore)! Which I might nickname the former, making it the first Pokemon I ever nickname myself in a game and use on a team. :P

I also don't want to be stuck with only two Pokemon for too long, as that would make things harder.

Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

After 18 hours of playing, I just got my second badge. Grant was easily, but still harder than Viola. Honedge, Skiddo, and Diggersby did it in no time flat. Anyways, between last entry and this one, I did some pretty fun stuff. I got to ride Rhyhorn over route 9, fight against Team Flare and explore the Glittering Cave. Btw, the Glittering Cave is beautiful; my first thought walking in was how I was ever going to go back to any other cave.

I also got to fight in a sky battle, which was really spectacular also. Like seriously, if you don't have a flying type with you I highly recommend getting one just for the sky battles. After that, I picked up a green bicycle in Cyllage City. Almost forgot: right after my last post I went into the Battle Chateau. It's pretty interesting; you basically just walk around, battle five trainers and earn experience & money. Your 'title rank' gets higher the more you battle, so as of now I am a Viscount, which is the second rank.

My team is almost where I want it to be; the levels are only a little off. I don't think there's many changes, except that Flabebe evolved into Floette. So wooo~~. She is a big help on the team, and even though I wasn't planning on having her she has really proved her spot in my party. Oh, and something kind of funny happened while I was petting my Honedge in Amie. While I was petting her (that's right, they have genders), I was scratching her scabbard and she got angry with me. It was unexpected yet amusing at the same time.

Show me your moves ! Herbizarre's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Right now, I've arrived to "La Rochelle", or known in Kalos as Ambrette Town (the Aquarium !) My Pokémon team is as follow :

Vivillon (Sidonie) Level 23
    Linoone (Jonas) Level 23
    Azumarill (Plue) Level 23
    Quilladin (Kjelle) Level 23
    Litleo (Mufasa) Level 23
    Seviper (Seviper) Level 15 (Rock Smasher)
    Because of the Exp. Share and overall new Experience earning mechanics, I rarely have to use any Pokémon other than Vivillon & Linoone. Oh well, both do well in battle, especially Vivillon (buffed Struggle Bug against wild Pokémon hordes :V)

Am I the only one around here who uses capitalized nicknames for the Pokémon and the name of the playable character ? I can't seem to get rid of this "old timer" habit, and that's good >:)
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Blog Entries

Finished up all the trainers possible up to and including route 22. About to take on the first gym.

I have a habit of getting a full team early.
    Joan (Chespin) - Level 11
    Farfetch'd - Level 11 (the one from the trade)
    Pidgey - Level 9
    Zigzagoon - Level 8
    Pansear - Level 8
    Caterpie - Level 6

I have no intention of using the EXP all when I get it as I hate being overleveled.

Woke up from nap and jumped straight back into the game, well after fighting with the game to give me a Torchic with the right Nature which took me about 15 to 20 minutes. Once I was into the game, I was able to trounce the first gym, as well as routes 22 and 4 very easily. Right now I'm in Lumiose City and just got my Kanto starter (Squirtle). If I don't have to do anything to stop the Blackout in the city, then I'm going to head to Route 5 next to look for a Skiddo and Pancham.

Team:
    Braixen (Vivi): Lvl 16
    Pikachu (Lori): Lvl 15
    Squirtle (Donatello): Lvl 10

Newly Caught Pokemon:

Ledyba, Budew and Flabebe (which I decided to use for a Wonder Trade to try that out. Ended up getting another Pikachu for it)

I just love a good leaf Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

So I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, I found my first shiny of the new gen!

The bad news...uh

At them moment I have Amaura, Helioptile, Chespin and Fletchinder, all level 22. I was pretty lucky to get good natures for all of them on the first try, but I'm currently looking for a Bold Eevee to evolve into a Sylveon, which is taking a while so maybe my luck has run dry :\

Oh and I'm addicted to Pokemon amie. I don't care if I look like a complete dork smiling and winking at the screen, I love it. It's cool how if you try to pet Amaura's ice crystals your hand gets frozen.

This game is pretty fun! I soft reset for a female Fennekin which I now have. Ive made it to Santalune City and am currently trying to see what Vivillon pattern I have in addition to training for the first gym. My team right now is:
    Spewpa Lv9
    Fennekin Lv 10
    Fletchling(named Flarrow) Lv 6
    Bunnelby Lv 3.

Queen of Arendelle 0silverphoenix's Avatar
    Follow 0silverphoenix On Twitter
    Follow 0silverphoenix on Tumblr Visit 0silverphoenix's Youtube Channel

I've been doing great since the last update. I just got through Connecting Cave and my PokeDex has been updated. Now I just have to work my way through Route 8 to Ambrette Town.

My Team:

Merida(Fennekin) F, Lv. 22
    Marahute(Fletchinder) M, Lv. 24
    Nala(Litleo) F, Lv. 24
    Shang(Pancham) M, Lv. 24
    SuperLlama(Furfrou) F, Lv. 24
    Djali(Skiddo) M, Lv. 20

Not much has changed with my team. Merida's spent some time I the PC so she doesn't get ahead of everyone else and Djali's still catching up.
    I love all things Disney!!

W2 FC: 0347 7142 8369
    3DS FC: 4682 8523 1396

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I've been having a lot of fun with these games. I've only gotten my first badge in both games, but I'm really loving the new features and the graphics. I haven't trained any Pokemon aside from my starters since I haven't been too interested in keeping them on my teams.

My X team:
    Fenneking level 15
    Pidgey level 3
    Bunelby level 4
    Fletching level 4
    Scatterbug level 4
    Panpour level 5

My Y team
    Froakie level 15
    Pidgey level 3
    Fletching level 3
    Scatterbug level 3
    Bunnelby level 4
    Pansage level 4

I'm hoping to fine a Litleo for my Y team and maybe a different Flying type for my X team. I'm not sure if I'll use the Kanto starters since I've been having fun raising new Pokemon.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I've been playing this damn game for 6 hours straight and haven't gotten out of Santalune Forest because I've become obsessed with Pokemon-Amie. So far, I've got myself all the Santalune Forest Pokemon and early route Pokemon. Monkeys, Pikachu, early route vermin, birds, forest pest and wow, I really love the battle animation and omg, Pokemon-Amie is amazing. In battle the Pokemon screen will show signs of a strong bond like "Ex and Bunnelby are breathing in perfect sync with each other!"

Needless to say, non of the early-route Pokemon are staying with me except Bunnelby and my Froakie. I can't wait to come across Dedenne though I think I'll go for Helioptile if I find it first. I really like both. Also I love Pikachu's cry and how it's anime-iconic and not that crappy game low-toned screeching. WHY CAN'T MORE POKEMON DO THIS? Seriously, the anime's impact is so strong Pikachu is known for its iconic "PikaPika!" which can also be heard in the Super Smash Bros. games as well. Also you can hear it in the PokePark games as well, though Poke Park is a Pokemon Anime-esque similar game made for a younger audience. But yeah, I liked hearing Pikachu say its name. I wonder who voiced it? I'd love to keep it on my team, but I'd really think it'd be for the best to give Dedenne or Helioptile a chance. Even though Pikachu can learn Nuzzle like Dedenne. I even like Pika's Kalosian Dex Entry:

I could resist starting a drawing of it either, I just like Pokemon-Amie and Bunnelby so much.

Last edited by Bubble Frog; 12th October 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Currently in Ambrette, and just got Amaura. SRd forever for a female...
    Also, caught a Helioptile, and Flabebe evolved! Trying to evolve Braixen however, I'm dying to see Delphox in motion.

Current team
    Braixen -25
    Vivillon -24
    Floette -21
    Helioptile -16
    Amaura -20

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

All I could think of:

Worked my way out of Lumiose City and slowly working down Route 5. Managed to get a few new Pokemon, including two for my team. Been taking the game really slowly and just enjoying playing it so far. Just set foot in Camphrier Town.

Team:
    Braixen (Vivi): Level 19
    Pikachu (Lori): Level 18
    Squirtle (Donatello): Level 17
    Skiddo (D. Bryan): Level 14
    Pancham (Kuwabara): Level 9

Newly caught Pokemon:
    Scraggy, Furfrou, Minun, Doduo, Gulpin and Abra

Need to raise Pancham some to get him up to the rest of the team, as well as look for another Dark type Pokemon for when I'm ready to evolve him.

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

According to my savelog, I've already put 4:53 into X. Ouch.

Anyway, I'm at the entrance to Connecting Cave on my way to Ambrette Town. I only have one Badge so far, but that's because there seems to be so much between the first and second Badges, XD. I've also been catching (and evolving) Pokémon left and right in order to start off my goal of completing the National Dex for the first time in my life. I currently own 41 different species of Pokémon. Not bad for one day.

My guys that I'm actually using:

Braixen Lv.22
    Pikachu Lv.21
    Wartortle Lv.21
    Pancham Lv.19
    Oddish Lv.17
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast