Like Tree22Likes

Thread: XY Travelog!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: XY Travelog!

Guys lets remember one of the rules of this thread:
    Please post at least two sentences in each post. (Preferably the more the better, but it doesn't need to be an essay - just no one liners.)
    Please do not post again unless there are three posts since your last post, or twenty-four hours have passed if there are no new posts since your last.
    Enjoy it! Happy gaming!
    Thanks.

Cult of Personality ClearlySane88's Avatar

Woke up early today and made sure I was down at my Gamestop the moment it opened, since they didn't have a midnight release last night (mumble, grumble). Chose Fennekin as my starter and named him Vivi, after the Final Fantasy IX character. Managed to catch a lot of Pokemon on my way to Santalune City, but nothing I really want to use on my team yet. Also, just ran out of Pokeballs, need to get more.

Team
    Fennekin (Vivi): Lvl 11
    Pikachu (Lori): Lvl 9

Caught
    Panpour, Caterpie, Scatterbug, Pansear, Pidgy, Zigzagoon, Fletchling, Bunnelby, Pansage, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Azurill, Litleo and Riolu.

Hoping to run into a Skiddo and Pancham soon, as they will be on my team immediately. May replace Pikachu, not entirely sure yet. Farfetch'd was a bit of a pain to catch as well, wasted about four or five Pokeballs on him.

Edit: Azurill's fainting animation is adorable and I now feel like a horrible human being for making it faint.
    Last edited by ClearlySane88; 12th October 2013 at 11:51 AM.

My first impressions for XY:

- Why is the name of your Trainer always the hardest question for me to decide on?

- After acquiring my starter, I purchased five Poke Balls at the Aquacorde mart before setting out.

- Literally two steps into the grass at Route 2 -- and even before receiving the official Poke Ball tutorial -- I get attacked by:

- But at least I snag a Fletchling and Scatterbug not two encounters later.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

I got my "X" today. I have been fanboying ever since. Then I came home and I started playing. OMG I'm having the fun of my life. The game is simply flawless. I have yet to leave route 2 and I'm having a smashing amout of fun. The visuals are stunning. Keromatsu (nicknamed Inferno) is hands down the most adorable pokemon ever. I like how he uses bubbles. So ninja-like. Poke-parler is amazing. My heart melted when Inferno was eating sweets. The architecture is so great. I stood still on the bridge that connects Aquacorde town with route 2 just to enjoy the scenery.
    My trainer name is Hugo. Obvious reference to Gustav Hugo is obvious .

I hope that everyone is enjoying / will be enjoying themselves as much as I am :)
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am now in Glittering Caves. Love the new cave layout. I replaced Vivillion with Honedge(Anduril). Searching fossils since I want Tyrunt too my team.
    Bowser the Squirtle evolved into Bowser the Wartortle.
    Pokemon X, hands down best game ever.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Cult of Personality ClearlySane88's Avatar

Update:

Just got the rollerblades and am trying to catch Pikachu up to Fennekin's level, as well as clearing out the road after the first forest which I skipped over so I could heal Fennekin at the Center. This game is amazing so far and I am deeply falling in love with it. Like a few people mentioned in other threads, screenshots can't do it justice.

Team
    Vivi: Lvl 12
    Lori: Lvl 11

New Pokemon Caught:
    Bidoof, Burmy and Psyduck.

Gonna take a bit of a nap and let my 3DS recharge. Was up waaaay to early this morning.

Blog Entries

Just hanging out around Santalune City, battling and catching everything I can get my hands on. I love the variety I have. I've caught everything that's available up to the first gym, so I'm pretty happy with that. I haven't bothered with the gym just yet but it should be easy.

I'm currently using:

Suds (Froakie) - Timid, Male, Lv. 13
    Robin (Fletchling) - Serious, Male, Lv. 11
    Zippo (Pikachu) - Adamant, Male, Lv. 10

I'll probably drop Pikachu for Helioptile once it's available. But wow, this game is fantastic. I think you need to have been playing Pokemon for the past decade or so to fully understand the change that X&Y has brought to the table. Thoroughly enjoying my Kalos experience.

Blog Entries

Just got X/Y a few hours ago, but the guide hadn't arrived due to shipping delay, so I have to go back in a few days to get it. Started playing right away, though I'm taking a break right now. Starter is a Quirky/Mischievous female Fennekin (named Nina, as planned, though getting the female right off the bat without any soft resets surprised me). Battled Shauna against her Chespin in a one-sided victory. Spent some time searching for various Pokemon (a male Bidoof for a later project, for example), doing some unintentional grinding in the process. Created bit of a temp team until I have access to other Pokemon that I'm looking for. Obtained the Roller Skates, though I had to practice a bit with them to get used to them.

Battled Viola with my Fletchling (Garr) and Fennekin (I had to bide some time at the start, as her Surskit used Water Sport right away, so I had to wait a bit until its effects wore off for an easier fight). Got the Bug Badge and the TM. Nina evolved into a Braixen right after the battle. Obtained the EXP Share from Alexa (and right away started to abuse it). Caught several Pokemon (Flabebe, Skitty, female Combee, Riolu, and traded a spare Bunnelby for a Farfetch'd) while battling trainers. I'm using the Combee's Sweet Scent to see if I can attract a Horde Battle, but so far no luck (unless, of course, I'm not in an area where a Horde Battle can be initiated). Also got Return.

Just arrived at Sycamore's lab, battled him, and got a Bulbasaur. Got False Swipe just afterward. That's where I've decided to take a break. Current team:

Braixen (Nina, female) lv 19
    Fletchling (Garr, male) lv 15
    Bunnelby (Nibbles, female) lv 13
    Bidoof (Buck, male) lv 12
    Combee (Royal, female) lv 13
    Bulbasaur (Thorn, male) lv 10
    Current Pokedex: 41

The latter four are just temps right now, as all of them will be heading to the box in a short time, but have them on hand in case of an emergency atm. So that about wraps things up. Will probably be staring X in a little while to do some stuff like self-trading and such, preparing for future plans. That's all folks!
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Geez, how do you people progress so fast? Even the folks who got the game today just like I did are way farther than me. o.O

I just caught a Fletching a little while ago and am leveling it up so it's on par with my Fennekin. And that's all I've got. I haven't gone any further than Route 2. xP

Blog Entries

Posting here as well as the blog section~

Adding some things from last time, I picked Bulbasaur from the Prof. He's boxed for now, I'll probably end up training him post-game. More of an update now:

My team looks like this: Frogadier ~ Diggersby ~ Fletchinder ~ Skiddo ~ Honedge ~ Flabebe (Yellow). I have 95% of the Pokemon I've encountered, and they're just chillin' in Box 1 for now. My team is shaping up, and I only need Skrelp to have it be perfect. The Exp All makes it easy for me to train up the stragglers, except my elders are a bit over-leved.

I just finished the huge castle thing, (I forget what's called. I think it was like Parchum???), and I'm on route 7, heading towards gym 2. The gap is pretty long, and I'm a bit anxious by now, but nonetheless I am still enjoying the game. Oh, when I was at the castle I tipped both people $500, hopefully something good will come out of it. I think that is it for now, so I'm going to go enjoy the game some more.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

*sniff*

The original name of my recently deceased grandmother's deceased dog was Diggers (he was renamed Buck). I'm guessing Diggersby is Bunnelby's evolution? I'll make it the first Pokemon I catch when I start catching more for the dex in memory of my grandma and her dog then. :)

(otherwise, I'd use it on my team, but I already chose other Pokemon for it)

EDIT: Oh sorry. I somehow missed the no-posting-until-three-more-posts-are-made rule. >_<

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Finally on Route 8, and caught a white and blue Flabebe. I'm gonna use the white one though.

Current team
    Braixen - 23
    Vivillon - 22
    Flabebe - 14

Blog Entries

I finally evolved my Swepa, which turned out to be a marine-pattern Vivillon. Apparently, the marine pattern is the default one for Southern and western Europe.
    I have yet to challenge Viola as there are a lot of other cool thing that I want to do. I caught a female Pika, her voice is amazing. So cute. I have already considered keeping her as a permanent team member. I tried the wonder trade and guess what? I got a yellow Flabebe!!! I wanted to train a yellow Flabebe and baam I got it in the trade. I then got a fricking Fennekin!!!! Too be it is a male and level 1 so I won't be using it. I also got torchic, but I am thinking that it is no way in hell that i'm evolving him. He is too cute and too adorable. So gonna keep him for poke-parler.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Queen of Arendelle 0silverphoenix's Avatar

Update: I'm on Route 5 searching for a male Skiddo to add to my team. I'm also training the Furfrou, Pancham, and Litleo on my team. I put Fennekin and Fletchinder in the PC so that they don't end up overleveled. The Scraggy hordes are driving me nuts and a male Skiddo doesn't want to appear.

My Team:

Merida(Fennekin) Female, Lv. 20
    Marahute(Fletchinder) Male, Lv. 19
    Shang(Pancham) Male, Lv. 16--I'm not sure if he'll stay on the team
    Nala(Litleo) Female, Lv. 14
    SuperLlama(Furfrou) Female, Lv. 11

And that's all so far. I'll either edit this post or add a new update when more stuff happens.

EDIT: There's not three posts after this one yet, so here's my update.

I'm walking up to Parfum Castle now. I caught my Skiddo and my whole team's with me. The dude at the field taught me how to plant berries.

My Team:

Merida(Fennekin) F, Lv. 21
    Marahute(Fletchinder) M, Lv. 20
    Shang(Pancham) M, Lv. 20
    Nala(Litleo) F, Lv. 19
    SuperLlama(Furfrou) F, Lv. 19
    Djali(Skiddo) M, Lv. 10
    Last edited by 0silverphoenix; 12th October 2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: update
    I love all things Disney!!

W2 FC: 0347 7142 8369
    3DS FC: 4682 8523 1396

Blog Entries

damn furfrou is kickass

team:quilladin,furfrou,helioptlie and tyrunt

first class asshole

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast