SPOILERS: XY Travelog! - Page 23

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: XY Travelog!

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: XY Travelog!

I already beat Korrina for the second time. I used Ghost-types to reduce and prevent the deaths of my other Pokemon (I lost seven Pokemon in my Wonderlocke so far).

Dear Pokedex Diary Function,

I am now a Trainer of High Esteem in Kalos. Unfortunately, national law prohibits me from leaving the country on my own to seek higher status at my age, but it has been well over 600 hours since my journey began and I feel accomplished. Of course, there isn't a whole lot for me to do since I beat the champion all that time ago, and then took on an apprenticeship under some strange foreigner called 'Looker' who - get this - turned out to be from Interpol!
    Any way, I'm not really ready to continue challenging the Battle Maison yet. I intend to prepare a wide array of Pokemon specifically bred and trained for the purposes of taking on any opponent. I know it's rather useless, but I managed to breed a flawless Emolga really quickly! I was impressed. Now I'm breeding it with a Skitty I was given by my Korean Cousin Jessie in the hopes I'll get either a flawless Skitty or a Shiny Skitty to add to my collection - which has now reached 20, by the way.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I feel that the relationship between the protagonist and Cal (my current nickname for Calem; I need to think of better nicknames for him) is unhealthy since I was rollerskating and minding my own business when Calem comes out of nowhere and challenges me to a battle (Calem did say that he was going to challenge me to a battle in front of the gym, but I didn't know that I was heading towards the gym). I was more or less expecting him to be waiting for me. Also, I like taking the initiative when challenging someone to battle.

I got side-tracked by the mention of Azure Bay and am going to go back and challenge Ramos.

Just beat the Champion in the climax of my X version playthrough. As usual, she was a total pushover. Greninja took out the first half of her team alone. Ended the battle with Charizard's OHKO Shadow Claw on her Gardevoir. The team of 6 I ended up using, after rotating for most of the game, was:

Greninja (M)
    Charizard (M)
    Gardevoir (F)
    Pangoro (M)
    Scolipede (F)
    Tyrantrum (M)

All in their upper 60s and lower 70s.

With my 2nd Kalos adventure concluded, my opinion of XY still stands. They are pretty much the best Pokemon games in the whole series. I think gen 6 will end up being my absolute favorite generation as long as we get RS remakes. Up til now, my favorite generation (including everything in the gen, not just the new pair of games) has been gen 3 by far, which was my first generation of Pokemon videogames. I still love gen 3, but gen 6 is shaping up to take that spot.

Now that I've beaten the main game again, I'm not sure what I'll do next. I suppose I'll try and catch all the legendaries and version exclusives to send over to Y, my main game. After I've done that, I'm considering maybe doing a Nuzlocke (or Nuzlocke variant) this summer. Never done one before.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Made my way to the Elite Four in X, but I feel like I'm a bit underleveled. I have been through most of the game. I'll probably do some grinding before I challenge it~

Made my first batch of Amaze Mulch using the Maranga berries I'd traded for then grown and some Kee Berries I'd mutated. It seems awesome.

I now have ten colors of Vivillon, Tundra being the newest addition. Got it for a Wormadam off the GTS.

Wait, make that 11. FINALLY I HAVE MEADOW PATTERN!

[later edit] Make that 13. Sun and Polar have joined the lineup!
    Last edited by Stratelier; 29th January 2014 at 12:03 PM.
    Jenneta and The_Doctor like this.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Had some battles with somebody online today. His team included Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo Y, Charizard Y, Aegislash, Chatot (damn that little bird can hit hard), among others. (He also has a Ground safari with Sandshrew, Dugtrio, and Palpitoad.)

The first was a Double Battle, and I actually did fairly well: My Mega Absol OHKO his Mega Charizard Y with Stone Edge, I took down Zygarde without much trouble, though I did still lose, 3-6. (Zygarde is also apparently too heavy for Sky Drop.)

Second battle was Singles and didn't go anywhere near as well -- I made a fatal strategic error of letting his Aegislash set up three Swords Dances, so pretty much nothing could survive all the priority Shadow Sneaks that followed. (flashbacks of losing to Karen's Nasty Plot Dark Pulse Houndoom back in HG.) He easily could've swept me, I did consider just forfeiting the match at that point, but he swapped out after a few turns and I decided to just see the loss through. His Charizard Y took his time taking out my last Pokemon (Hawlucha), which is good because that Hawlucha currently doesn't have any way to deal with Flying types, all I could do was just delay the inevitable with Roost.

The third battle went entirely in my favor, after some tweaks to both our teams' lineups:
    Last edited by Stratelier; 1st February 2014 at 02:56 AM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Blog Entries

Just ran into my first shiny in a Friend Safari. It's a Modest Natured male Druddigon with Mold Breaker. I had decided to retrain my Titan, as I hated the way his Attack stat looked and hit a Dragon Safari in order to get me some EVs. Imagine my surprise when the fifth Dragon I encounter is a yellow and green Druddigon!

I've been looking for a sixth member to my team and it seems I may have found it. His stats aren't great, his Nature is hindering but he's shiny and I actually like Druddigon. Can't wait to train him!

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Dear wild Lv.30 female Lapras in the Friend Safari:

Can you PLEASE not use Perish Song? I'm taking a detour from an egg run (so Talonflame is the only Pokemon on my team, I didn't bring any backup) and I really want to catch you. It's not helping that when you Rain Dance, none of my Will-O-Wisps actually stick because of your Hydration (and it's the reason I want to catch you).

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

After Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter became available, I transferred all of my needed Pokemon and completed the National Pokedex. I received the Oval Charm and Shiny Charm, though haven't used them yet. I started tallying the petting preferences of the transferred Pokemon for Pokemon Amie, and am finishing all of the Pokemon that are left. I received all of the items for Shaymin, Genesect, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, the moves for form change for Keldeo and Meloetta, and changed Deoxys' forme to fit its nature.

Blog Entries

Getting back into the game after being away for far too long. Made it to Lumoise City (like I said, been away too long). I tried to get rid of the roller skates because I wanted to take in more of the city, but for some reason I couldn't get them off. I'm currently just outside Lumoise, running through the grass and grabbing what I can.

I'm going with Pikachu as my lead ( called Peeka, because I'm original that way) and starting to use more of Pancham, because he looks like a tough little dude with attitude. I assume Pancham would be really into classic rock and old cars. He just looks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyMcGee View Post
    I tried to get rid of the roller skates because I wanted to take in more of the city, but for some reason I couldn't get them off.
    Yeah, you can't disable the roller skates. If you want to walk/run you have to use the D-pad....

Blog Entries

Since Bank has finally been released, I've decided to actually go back and finish my Y game, which has long been neglected. After tweaking my team a little bit, I won the Bug Badge from Viola; she's a bit of a pushover if you took Fennekin.

My current team:

Braixen (Sophita, female) Bashful with Blaze, level 16
    Ralts (traded, female) Modest with Synchronize, level 5
    Golett (traded, genderless) Adamant with Iron Fist, level 6
    Pawniard (traded, female) Naughty with Defiant, level 6
    Froakie (traded, female) Adamant with Protean, level 7
    Luxio (caught in FS on X, male) Rash with Rivalry, level 30

I pretty much tore apart what I had originally called a team and went with a group of Pokemon that I traded over from X. Everyone except the Luxio was at level 1 before I challenged Viola; now with the Experience Share they've gone up some levels. The Golett and Pawniard will never leave my party; both have proven themselves on my run through in X and I expect great things from them. The Luxio I may drop later, as I have a level 100 Electivire cooling his heels in my PC--he was sent over via Bank--and I may want to work with him a bit but we'll see.

Next it's onward to Lumiose City!

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Yeah, you can't disable the roller skates. If you want to walk/run you have to use the D-pad....
    Thanks! I just want to look more at Lumoise City and not sail past it.

Although, grinding rails does remind me of Jet Grind Radio....*sniff*

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast