SPOILERS: XY Travelog!
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: XY Travelog!

Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default XY Travelog!

Many extremely lucky people seem to be receiving their preorder copies a day or two early, as such, in the traditional BMGf style, this will be a travelog thread for you to document your experiences playing the game, your journey, what your team is etc. (Basically just a walkthrough of your adventure.)

So when you start playing your game, feel free to let us all know about your journey here!

There are a few rules, however:

• Please post at least two sentences in each post. (Preferably the more the better, but it doesn't need to be an essay - just no one liners.)
    • Please do not post again unless there are three posts since your last post, or twenty-four hours have passed if there are no new posts since your last.
    • Enjoy it! Happy gaming!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: XY Travelog!

First post! I got X today so I'll be starting my save file now. So far I'm in Aquacorde town and I'm soft resetting for an adamant Chespin. Hopefully it wont take too long so I can carry on with the game. Graphics wise, I really like it, the scenery is beautiful and it's great to have running shoes right from the start for a change too.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Ok second post then, I have got my first badge, my Chespin took out Alexa's Vivillon, it was pretty close though :l I also got my second starter from Professor Sycamore, I picked Charmander. Oh and I found PokeRus on my Fletchinder!

You got Fletchinder pretty early then. Couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping me out

Is there any chance you could update us what wild pokemon you have come across so far? I'm trying to plan a team & knowing what is available early is pretty important for me.
    Is there any form of challenge mode from the start or is it one difficulty setting straight up?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by AmphBoss View Post
    You got Fletchinder pretty early then. Couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping me out

Is there any chance you could update us what wild pokemon you have come across so far? I'm trying to plan a team & knowing what is available early is pretty important for me.
    Is there any form of challenge mode from the start or is it one difficulty setting straight up?
    Sure, I'll spoiler the findable Pokémon in case there is someone who doesn't want to know.

In the first grass patch I found:
    Then in the forest I found

After leaving the forest I found a few grass patches that had:
    To the right of the gym is a grassy area accessible before beating the gym, and it contains After beating the first gym leader there are flower patches containing
    This is all before Lumiose city, which is where I am at now.

And for your second question, no there is only one difficulty, no others are selectable, just like the games before BW2.

-

For some reason the Torchic event is live so I'm going to spend a while resetting for an adamant one, then I'll wander around Lumiose for a bit. (Best city yet, better than Castelia too)
    Last edited by Oswin; 11th October 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Cheers man, that's a great range so early on. If there is any way you could continue to update as you go it will be greatly appreciated. Seeing as you are also UK based I assume Game shipped yours early? I should be able to download mine about midnight tonight hopefully but you are making me wish I pre-ordered a physical copy rather than the digital one.

I want to know more about Pokémon Amie and what are the special effects that add in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    For some reason the Torchic event is live so I'm going to spend a while resetting for an adamant one, then I'll wander around Lumiose for a bit. (Best city yet, better than Castelia too)
    Do you have to be anywhere specific or do you just need to be connected up to WiFi? Hope that is still going tonight!

Blog Entries

Let's keep this thread clean and use it solely as a Travelog. Please refer all further questions to the Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) thread. Seeing as many of us will have the game within the next 12 hours, I'm sure most if not all of your questions will be answered.

Thank you, et bonne chance! Can't wait!

I was getting somewhere in Y, but just resetted cause I noticed a typo in my name (wasn't too far thankfully, lol)
    So...fresh start, yay!

So, in Aqaucorde, and everyone shall be calling me Kia, apparently xD
    Also, just picked my starter. Fennekin of course, and named her Hazel
    Stats:

Show me your moves ! Herbizarre's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

I've got my copy of Pokémon Y earlier today, and so far I've got into Lumiose City, and I've finished battling Professor Sycamore.

My team so far :

Chespin (Kjelle) Lvl 15
    Azurill (Plue) Lvl 15
    Vivillon (Sidonie) Lvl 14
    Zigzagoon (Jonas) Lvl 14
    Litleo (Mufasa) Lvl 16
    Squirtle (Akim) Lvl 10 (just acquired)
    Now my only pet peeve is how I'm going to use this Squirtle, since I'll mostly like have an Azumarill after a good while. I'm liking the Roller upgrade though. Roll, roll, roll !

My latest obtained items are Luxury Balls and TM54 False Swipe. Time to catch many of them. :D
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

I just love a good leaf Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Just beat the first Gym, Viola actually put up a pretty decent fight. I'm just blown away by the attention to detail in everything, and the music is absolutely superb.

My team at the moment is
    Chespin Lv11 (Adamant)
    Fletchling Lv11 (Jolly)

I also evolved a Vivillon and it had the garden pattern, so it looks like NZ gets the same default pattern as the UK.

I purchased Pokemon X over the Nintendo eShop about three hours ago and have played though Vaniville Town, Route 1, Aquacorde Town, Route 2, Santalune Forest, Route 3 and am soon going to face the Santalune City Gym. I have a team of Chespin, Kakuna, Fletchling (Normal/Flying), Pikachu, Panpour and Pansear. The battles are great and a lot of care has been paid to the move animations. I particularly like Thunder Shock. (:

I really like going in to the game with so much being new/unknown - I did read some of the spoilers, but the minor details when actually playing it is making it a really fun experience up to this point. I've been going eight hours now and only got one Gym badge, but I don't feel like I've been grinding, just going around catching some of the new and unexpected ones around. Getting EXP when you're catching a Pokemon certainly makes it easier to catch more Pokemon, I'd often in the past hold off so I could get all the EXP when my levels were low.

Certainly is weird thinking 'oh I have to catch that' when I first encountered a Pansage, knowing they were a bit rare in BW - then running straight into another one. Likewise, I've got no idea when the Pokemon evolve, what moves they will get - everything is new and it's great.

Likewise, it means I've certainly not got the team I expected I'd have -

Quiladin Lv29 (#TeamChespin)
    Pikachu Lv28 (just got a Thunder Stone - just not sure when to evolve it because I can't just look at a moveset table to decide!)
    Litleo Lv29
    Vespiquen Lv29 (just had to catch a Combee - which was weird when feeding it in Pokemon Amie)
    Wartortle Lv28 (surprising lack of water types - though got an Old Rod early-ish and could catch non-Magikarps)
    Floette Lv27 (was awesome the first time I knocked out an Axew in one hit with Fairy Wind)

[QUOTE=Oswin;4936374]
    Quote Originally Posted by AmphBoss View Post
    After leaving the forest I found a few grass patches that had:
    I also found here.

To be honest, I actually wish there were less Pokemon on offer this early. I liked having to work hard to find better ones, haha.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast