X and Y Version Differences and Exclusives - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: X and Y Version Differences and Exclusives

Blog Entries

Default Re: X and Y Version Differences and Exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    The more version differences, the better, for me, mainly because I want sequels to XY, not an uninteresting third version (I don't understand why one would want a third version, but I think that is a subject for another thread). I am just hoping that all the Pokémon I like in Generation VI are in the same game, lol
    The only reason I want fewer differences is to have only ONE third version, which could still be a sequel other than a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    But at the same time that makes it different to determine which is canon. (Not that this is important, but it's just a small pet peeve I have)
    Yeah, I get super annoyed with this too. (Off topic, I still hope to have an ultimate third version sequel+remake for BW and BW2, which expands and completes the storyline and FIXES THE CANON, maybe in Gen IX.)

I see many of you want more differences. I'd actually love a lot of differences, but as long as they can still have ONE sequel (or remake.) as the only third version, not two "third" versions like B2W2. Maybe it's just cuz I want it to fix the canon... or because Z sounds cool.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

El_
    Blog Entries

As many differences as possible please, hell even make the plot different as well. Someone had the idea of a "Hoenn on steroids" and I honestly like the sound of that. I want a completely new/different experience if I get both versions, and it benefits Game Freak since people will be more inclined to buy both.

Black City/White Forest and the subtle differences between the Unova games were a start, but they can take it further. It just makes going through and exploring more worthwhile to me.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

I loved the version differences in Black/White and I hope they continue, if not increase.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to go overboard and make the two games completely different, but I want enough differences in them to feel like both games are worth playing through.

As for a 3rd game, you could always invent a new location that combines elements of the two original places or have something new altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

I think they will have even more drastic differences after BW2. Not just some aesthetic thing like cities and towns, the map and split Pokedex even suggests different paths through the region depending on the version you're playing.

Blog Entries

Someone on these forums (It was a moderator, most likely either @Zeb; or @winstein;) had the idea of having TWO different regional dexes, to increase the amount of Pokemon there are when combining both dexes from X and Y. (Credits to this idea go to that person, and I will try explaining it like him.)
    Okay, first, the dexes would not be completely different from each other, only the exclusive Pokemon found in them would be different. So, let's say there are 200 Pokemon that are unique to each dex. Then, each dex would get it's own 150 exclusives, giving each 350 Pokemon. But when you combine both dexes, you'd get a huge total of 500, so there is a good percentage of ALL Pokemon found in Kalos in both games, without having to give each game to many Pokes itself. (I think 350 would be quite okay, considering that there'll be over 700 in total, and the region looks huge and diverse enough to fit them all.)
    So, I think this would be a cool idea to implement in the games. And to make it so that you can see/catch the additional Pokes from the other version, after you beat the E4 and get the National Dex, the Professor could give you a device/ability (like the PokeRadar), and with this device, you can find Pokes from the other game in yours, at the same location as you would in the other game. They shouldn't make this device to easy to use, but not too difficult either.

Anyway, do you guys think there should be a version exclusive dex as described as above?
    Last edited by Phoenixon; 30th May 2013 at 06:03 AM.
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

I like the idea of one city (and maybe one route too )which is version exclusive to each game, and embodies what that game is about.

And this has probably already been mentioned, but Amazon.co.uk have Y Version's boxart up. Squee :)

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    I like the idea of one city (and maybe one route too )which is version exclusive to each game, and embodies what that game is about.
    That reminds me of the sky fortress/forest glade idea for locations of the Y and X version mascots respectively. I think this has been the first time since GS (or HGSS), that the version mascots (of the dual version games) would be found in different places, so I expect something like this to happen.
    Or, as always, at least I hope so.....
    (Credits to Toriserperior7 for the original idea: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/what-do-you-want-gen-6-a-117911/index195.html#post4747676)

I'm really hoping for less dramatic differences than BW/B2W2. I'd prefer something along the lines of RSE or GSC/HGSS as far as version differences go. I mainly don't want the differences to be really dramatic or big because I'm only going to be getting one game of the pair this time, not both. My life has become far too busy, to the point that one will take up all my free time as it is lol. So I will only be getting one, but I would like some good version differences, however, I would prefer that most (if not all) version differences can be experienced (like being able to experience and have things from the other game) when playing with a friend with the opposite game, like the simple pokemon differences.
    Team Gaara likes this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I didn't really care for the aesthetic differences in Ocelupid in BW/BW2. I still really don't understand how that works in the timeline. Black City and White Forest also didn't really do a whole lot for me.

I would love it if you traverse the map differently in the two versions, but it's not something I see as being very likely.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Oh, I'd love more version differences! I'm one of those people that always gets both versions, but I almost never give an equal amount of attention to both. I always play the one I start with the most. If there are more version differences, I'll just have more reason to get both versions and play both a lot! :D

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm all for version differences, but they should find a decent balance between BW and RSE/DPPt. The only huge difference I want is how the player traverses the region in each game.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

I would like it if the route order got switched around, or the city order, or the gym order, so, that way, it would make buying em' both more worth it.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm all for more version differences and exclusives. I really liked that about B/W because it did allow for players to experience something a bit different depending on which game they had. Plus, I'd really like to have more justification for buying both versions besides just wanting to train more Pokemon right at the start of a generation. They don't need to be drastic differences, although I wouldn't mind huge differences depending on what they are, but just something to where it feels like people should check out both games to get a different kind of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    The only reason I want fewer differences is to have only ONE third version, which could still be a sequel other than a remake.

I see many of you want more differences. I'd actually love a lot of differences, but as long as they can still have ONE sequel (or remake.) as the only third version, not two "third" versions like B2W2. Maybe it's just cuz I want it to fix the canon... or because Z sounds cool.....

This. I think that the best option would be a sequel like BW2, except only 1 sequel that works both ways (whether you played X or Y). 2 sequels is just too much (it worked somewhat well with BW2... but) and on the other end, a 3rd version remake is just a cheap money grab that barely adds anything, but just enough to make you buy it. So a third version that serves as an actual sequel, with differences as big as BW2 from BW like new story and some new GLs would be great as a single game. They could even still use memory link which could lean the game more towards X or Y if you wanted.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

I still think they should drop third versions and even same-gen sequels completely and, if they are going to do a sequel, do it for Ruby and Sapphire (or even better, Emerald). Yeah, I know; from a financial standpoint it takes much more sense to take a game (BW), throw in a few additions, change up the wild Pokemon a bit and gave the game a bit of a facelift (BW2). But with DLC becoming the norm I don't think they can get away with third versions anymore; same-gen sequels could still be a possibility, since you can actually argue they are a different game from their predecessors (if only barely), but Pokemon isn't the mind-bending craze it used to be. Not sure if they can still do the sequel thing for much longer either, and run the risk of making the concept really stale really quick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast