X and Y Spoiler Free Zones - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Default Re: X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Mostly just the Pokemon, I'd like to walk into the grass and see something for the first time and get that feeling all over again whether it be love or hate what I'm seeing...
    I know what you mean. I'm not sure I've ever "really" had that feeling, but I do know that my first encounter with Raikou and Entei running wild around Johto was definitely a jaw-on-floor-awesome moment. Only Master Ball I've ever used.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

I just won't go looking for new information when I have my game. But it's likely as soon as Serebii starts reporting information up until that point I'll be spoiling myself haha! Unfortunately some people will end up getting copies earlier, so the spoiling will still be there haha!
    WELCOME TO KALOS!

GET READY TO START A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE IN THE POKÉMON WORLD!

So if the upcoming issue of CoroCoro is going to have Pokemon X and Y news . . . .

. . . I actually don't want to know. Sure there'll most likely be a few pages leaking out to the Internet early, but I just don't want to know yet. If it gets uploaded to the English website I'll check it out, but no CoroCoro this time.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 10th September 2013 at 09:05 PM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

Everything that comes out of CoroCoro gets updated to the English website though. Not until it's officially released, anyway.

I'm fine with seeing this stuff because this what GameFreak wants us to know before we play the game - leaks and spoilers of information prior to release that GameFreak haven't authorised I don't want to know about (although that's going to prove difficult)
    Lugiafanatic likes this.

Yeah, I know that CoroCoro articles are official news and all . . . but sometimes I just don't like the attitudes I see regarding leaks (not to mention calling them 'leaks' in the first place).

I can see that there's a thumbnail-sized picture on the Bulbagarden sidebar which resembles a CoroCoro page showing something in Fennekin/Chespin/Froakie colors, but thankfully I'm not wearing my glasses this morning so I can't focus my eyes on it (nearsighted).

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Okay, I was going to not look starter evolutions and find them out myself by playing...
    Well...at least I can still look forward for the final evos.

Yeah, that is my dilemma too. Starter evos are specifically one of the things I don't want to know yet, but their first evos are apparently getting revealed now, and there's still 30 days left until release. That is like eternity in "spoiled by the Internet" time.

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Yeah, I know that CoroCoro articles are official news and all . . . but sometimes I just don't like the attitudes I see regarding leaks (not to mention calling them 'leaks' in the first place).
    They are called Corocoro leaks because the magazine is leaked days prior to when it's supposed to be released. For example, this month was supposed to be released on the 14th, but it leaked on the 11th, therefore Corocoro leaks.

Also, I don't want to tell people to leave the forum until release if that's not what they want to do, but if you don't want to be spoiled on some things (starter evolutions being one) you are living very dangerously by even coming onto the forum from this point onwards.

Gaga likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Also ... if you don't want to be spoiled on some things (starter evolutions being one) you are living very dangerously by even coming onto the forum from this point onwards.
    Oh, if there's one thing I'm acutely aware of more than anything else on the matter it's that (and if I had an appropriate smiley to tag that sentence with, I would). I kept myself in an almost-total information blackout prior to BW2, I'm still debating whether to do the same for XY.

Mega evos I'm okay with knowing; ditto (no Pokepun intended) with one or two more new Kalos species, but I'd like to draw the line at the starters and their evos if I can. I've already seen one user avvie that was either a badly-drawn Fennekin or a color sketch of its evo (that was early this morning, but I was just scrolling through the topic at the time so I don't even remember what it looked like), not to mention you currently have Pyroar for an avvie and signature yourself.

But then, there are at least two other sites I lurk where I could suddenly (and without spoiler warning) run into Pokemon info that I don't feel I want to know yet. Can't necessarily go offline entirely, but . . . well, we'll see how it goes. I keep myself in half-lurk mode all the time anyway :)

Blog Entries

If you want to avoid starters evos, I'd definitely suggest you disable avatars and sigs.

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised when starting a new file but I find it nearly impossible to be on a Pokemon fan forum and stay unaware. And honestly, I don't see myself having the willpower to avoid news. Still, trying to avoid info is noble so good luck!

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FairyGaga View Post
    If you want to avoid starters evos, I'd definitely suggest you disable avatars and sigs.
    This is a really good suggestion, which you should do, if you haven't already done so.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Sure, why not? *click*

Already glanced at least two user avvies that are presumably Froakie's evo, though in his case he's last on my list of Kalos starters (not by much, given, but last is still last) so it's not much harm done there.

What else did I want to say . . . oh yeah, CoroCoro leaks in general. Part of the reason I don't like them is because it kinda steals the thunder for the US's side of the pond. E.g. Bulbanews articles inevitably boil down to saying only how "[Japanese info] is known as [English info] in the English versions" -- it is always better when/if the reveals can be simultaneous (like with the Direct videos and E3).
    Last edited by Stratelier; 14th September 2013 at 08:26 PM.

One person tried to give me some details about XY's revamped type chart on dA (I hear at least four types get minor tweaks) and I deleted their comment almost sight-unseen. So that's official - I don't want to know until I play it in October. I want to be surprised. Heck, I didn't know Rock resists Poison until G5, and that was a surprise too (mostly because I don't use Rock or Poison types often).

I've seen most of the information on the official site and I'm good with all of what I've seen (Pyroar, etc.), but I still feel I've hit saturation and I don't want to know the rest.

So yeah, it's basically last post before I check out of the Poke-grid. I can use that time to finish up some other games :)

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

I don't think I'm going to be coming on here as often anymore either. Now that most of the official information has been released, rumours are going to come in thick and fast - maybe even a leaked dex. That's something that, if I was on here when it leaked, I wouldn't control myself to not look at it, and I would spoil the games for myself. I only want to see official information from now because I figure GameFreak wants to keep fans surprised in game as much as possible, and they'll only release stuff they want people to see and they think it will add to their experience of the game first up.

I'll hopefully use the spare time to focus on uni, but I doubt that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast