X and Y Spoiler Free Zones - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: Describe your Spoiler Free Zone(s)

When did pokemon become a game where people cared so much about the plot. I can assure you whatever the plot is, it will hardly be groundbreaking. I've never really played the games for the story; I mostly care about playing through and training different pokemon each time, getting a feel for as many species as I can. The plot's going to be a rehash of the same plot we've had every game before, with a different evil team trying to accomplish a slightly different goal.

I think people got caught up in the fact that BW had some semblance of plot to think that that is what these games are built on, and not the pokemon themselves.
    WindBlast likes this.

It is true that BW is the only main series pair where the villainous team was the A-plot and not the B-plot. (This was also the case with Colosseum and XD.)

The thing is, while we can readily expect that the plot of X and Y will be the same general tradition as we've always had, it's the details that we don't necessarily want to be spoiled about.

I plan on avoiding the full pokedex and other spoilers as much as possible. I want my team to naturally evolve throughout the game.

Default Re: X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Right now I'm a little torn on Fairy. I would kinda like to know what its strengths are as an element, but it will also be a heck of a lot of fun trying to determine that firsthand/experimentally. IIRC G1 was the only generaiton which included a type chart right in the manual (and it was also correct in G1's Psychic being immune to Ghost).

I definitely would like to remain unspoiled on the Pokedex in general, and starter evos especially.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Right now I'm a little torn on Fairy. I would kinda like to know what its strengths are as an element, but it will also be a heck of a lot of fun trying to determine that firsthand/experimentally. IIRC G1 was the only generaiton which included a type chart right in the manual (and it was also correct in G1's Psychic being immune to Ghost).

I definitely would like to remain unspoiled on the Pokedex in general, and starter evos especially.
    Don't be here for CoroCoro next month then (well, supposedly they're including the new type chart). I agree though, it would be fun, but seeing as I'm buying the strategy guide as well I will probably see it in there.

I could easily be content with knowing as much as we do now about the games - if it was possible for me to stay away from anymore news, I would do it. But I don't think I could, even if I did just bury myself in uni work until then. I just hope we only get max 5 more Pokemon revealed. There's only 54 days left!
    Reila likes this.

I don't need no freakin' strategy guides. ;) Walking book of spoilers, that.
    pastabender and Okami like this.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Blog Entries

Unlike you guys, I can't resist the spoilers. I enjoy being spoiled. lol I wallow in spoilers hahaha
    Rainbow and 8ther like this.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I don't need no freakin' strategy guides. ;) Walking book of spoilers, that.
    Somehow, I got the guides for both Red and Blue Rescue Team and Explores of Time and Darkness months before the games were released both times and STILL didn't know the plot of the games. And I read them all the time. -.- So for me, personally, I don't even think getting the XY guide could spoil it for me.
    Dog of Hellsing likes this.

Supposedly CoroCoro will be revealing the updated type chart next month. Quite frankly, I don't want to see it.

We know Fairy is strong on Dragon but not Fire, I still want to find out the rest for myself.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I don't care about spoilers anymore. At this point, nothing is a surprise for me anymore, especially after all these years of the JP version coming out a year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    ...especially after all these years of the JP version coming out a year earlier.
    Which is something we're not dealing with this time around.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I know that, just saying I've dealt with it so much, I always spoil myself.

He's Amphabulous! Bayushiyojiro's Avatar

im too far into it to avoid the spoilers now.. im at the stage where i NEED to know the starter evos so i can make my choice

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

This time around I'd like to keep some of the Pokemon secret and a surprise for myself. But being a moderator of this forum comes with those... drawbacks :| I'm going to try my best not to look at the entire dex when it's all put together and hopefully by that stage I'll have my game and will be well on my way with playing and experiencing myself. But I'm ridiculously impatient and I often lack the willpower to avoid spoilers of any kind, but this time we don't have to wait months to play it ourselves, so maybe things will be different. I'm not bothered about plot-related or gym leader spoilers or anything. Mostly just the Pokemon, I'd like to walk into the grass and see something for the first time and get that feeling all over again whether it be love or hate what I'm seeing, because I haven't had that feeling for a long time when playing Pokemon because I usually spoil myself... and I kinda miss the feeling.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

Yeh, one thing I want to keep unspoiled is Pokemon. I played Black/White mostly blind and encountering Pokemon I'd never heard of was amazing.

I'm going to try and avoid as much as I can after this months Coro Coro. I really want to know the new Fairy type chart.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast