X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Default X and Y Spoiler Free Zones

Savor the msytery ... because once you've been spoiled, you can never be UN-spoiled.

What are things about the upcoming XY games that you absolutely want to be NOT spoiled about beforehand? What things do you NOT want to hear the leaks/rumors/speculation about? And are there any things you just don't want to know until you actually play it, even if it's officially revealed/advertised in the meantime?

For me, I'd say the identity of the G6 rival(s) and villainous team(s), for starters.

Then (since I used that word) there's the actual starters, specifically what Pokemon (and possible types) they evolve into. Only in the Kanto games did we get to have a preview of a starter's final form (them being the games' version mascots), in all others we discovered it as we went. (I probably wouldn't like Serperior as much if it didn't have the history of being my W1 team's mainstay all the way from a Lv.5 Snivy.)

I don't want to know what kinds of legendaries (duos, trios, non mascots) will be available in Kalos -- I was a little spoiled to this in G5.

So those are mine. I can probably name more (we all know plot and ending details are always spoilers). What are yours?
    Last edited by Stratelier; 18th August 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Describe your Spoiler Free Zone(s)

For me, it would just be the game's plot, or rather the ending of it since I tend to hear tidbits about the game's storyline anyway. But besides that, I tend to be pretty lenient with spoilers involving the main series games. There's some games where I don't care if I get spoiled on, and Pokemon would be one of them. I also purposely look up the final evolutions of Pokemon and where they can be caught because I like to plan my teams ahead rather than just chance or sudden impulse (Once tried to do that in DP by raising a Luxray on impulse, but it sucked so much to raise that I decided to drop it in favor of Electivire, which I had to trade in to get). But to the point, it's plot for me.
    NoirGrimoir and davi like this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    For me, it would just be the game's plot, or rather the ending of it since I tend to hear tidbits about the game's storyline anyway. But besides that, I tend to be pretty lenient with spoilers involving the main series games. There's some games where I don't care if I get spoiled on, and Pokemon would be one of them. I also purposely look up the final evolutions of Pokemon and where they can be caught because I like to plan my teams ahead rather than just chance or sudden impulse (Once tried to do that in DP by raising a Luxray on impulse, but it sucked so much to raise that I decided to drop it in favor of Electivire, which I had to trade in to get). But to the point, it's plot for me.
    I agree. It would be exciting to have the surprise of running into Pokemon you've never seen before, however, I prefer knowing what Pokemon there are so I know what I should hunt down and capture for my team. I like to plan out which Pokemon I'd like to train. I'd also like to know how many legendary Pokemon there are so I know when I've caught them all. Not knowing the plot of the games would be interesting to play through, although I don't mind if it's spoiled or not. Pokemon is a franchise I could have every single detail spoiled and I'd still enjoy them as much as I possibly could.

Storyline details beyond characters being identified.

I don't mind me knowing about all the Pokemon before I play, but I don't want to know any of the storyline or the ending.

However since X/Y are getting a worldwide release, I can't see this being a huge problem.
    Berrenta likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I try to avoid information on the actual storyline. I'll see the pre-release information on the rival characters and the evil team, but I prefer to not learn about the ending or any major events in the storyline. It helps to keep playing through the game more enjoyable when I don't know what to expect. I tend to hear a couple of tidbits, but usually nothing major. I'm okay with seeing the Pokemon ahead of time since I like planning out my teams ahead of time, but I might change that for this generation and just wait until I get the strategy guide rather than waiting for them to appear online.
    Eradia and Icestar649 like this.

I originally planned on not learning anything and not having any spoilers after the first month. I'm failing miserably.
    Akimbo, Akromatic, Guy_Spy and 7 others like this.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I won't spoil the gym leaders'/Elite Four's teams this time. I also won't spoil the actual storyline, though I will probably seek out info on the villain team.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

I'm fine with info that's come out officially, going to try my best to avoid leaked info.

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I don't mind me knowing about all the Pokemon before I play...
    For G5, I was already mostly spoiled to the identity of pretty much all Unova Pokemon, having seen them ahead of time (to various degrees) on Bulbapedia. This time around I'll prefer NOT to be spoiled. Anything that's not confirmed via an official channel I'll insist on being purely rumor/speculation.

Playing the game without knowing certain evolutions should be fun, but I really don't think I could do it, lol.
    davi likes this.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As other people have mentioned, I want to know all the Pokemon for team planning purposes. What I'd prefer not to be spoiled, though, are the major plans of the villain team and how they go about them. Like the cut-scenes for example. I can't wait to see how awesome they'll be in Gen VI.

With a worldwide release, I think a lot of things will come as a surprise to all of us. Pretty exciting seeing as I've usually seen two or three walkthroughs by the time I get the game and pretty much already know what to do.

Blog Entries

Guide books can be dangerous. I was spoiled from the BW collector's guide with Ghetsis being N's father and the true villain. I was also spoiled by Iris being the champion for the sequels. I didn't mean to find these facts out, my eyes just glanced by accident. Of course I can't fault the guide, so I'll just have to be more careful. (It's also tough when I want to plan my team for the boss)
    Xita likes this.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The things that I consider the biggest spoilers are the plot and context of certain events. I'm eating up all of the prerelease information because that's what the official sources use to advertise the games. Also, based on what I've read by other people, I'm tempted to not look up every single new Pokémon until I come across them ingame, although I don't know if that's possible. (They never officially unveil or leak every new one before the games are released. I think the pictures of roughly 1/3 of all Gen V Pokémon were known before the Japanese release date. The full Unova dex leak was just textual descriptions.) Leaks before the release are also very tempting by nature. I'll avoid certain threads, videos, and parts of websites that might be spoileriffic after the games come out.

For BW2, I became more wary of spoilers just because of how it was a continuation of the BW story. I looked up the general areas of where certain Pokémon were and the levels of the Gym Leaders'/ E4/ Champion's teams to help me level grind. The biggest BW2 spoiler I read beforehand was that Colress was part of Plasma, but that was inconsequential in the long run. (I figured that Iris was the Champion by process of elimination before reading that she was. I always find out the Champion before anyway.) I saw videos of the final battles in BW in Japanese, but I don't know the language so I didn't know the context.

Blog Entries

Don't spoil major plot points/game ending.

It takes some real self-control to not do this for me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    For BW2, I became more wary of spoilers just because of how it was a continuation of the BW story. I looked up the general areas of where certain Pokémon were and the levels of the Gym Leaders'/ E4/ Champion's teams to help me level grind.
    That's odd, I pretty much never had to level grind to keep up in BW2.

Come to think about it, I deliberately kept myself 'mostly unspoiled' for BW2. I didn't know ahead of time N would have an appearance (though I saw rumors), I assumed Ghetsis might still be around but didn't know where....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast